Saracens (Away) - Saturday 05th March 2022 - KO 3-00pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Re: Saracens (Away) - Saturday 05th March 2022 - KO 3-00pm

Post by Pellsey »

Saracens have shown themselves to be beatable so I don't understand the "pessimism" especially given the team we have put out. That said, they are a good team!

We have a number of returnees, however, and although they are really good players, they will be rusty... as well as being fresh.

I think Tigers can edge this with a late try or penalty...
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

It is winable but has all the makings of a close and brutal game. Definitely one for a good peaty malt and toasting the toes in front of a roaring fire :smt030
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

We should still be unbeaten going into this game, given we should have beaten both Wasps and Sale. Losing bonus worst case I reckon. We have the fire power and the bench to upset them.
BiteMe

Post by BiteMe »

Looking at the starting line-up I reckon SB might be thinking if we can keep the game within touching distance at 60 minutes we will win this from the bench. Some impact players on the bench could make a huge difference.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

aslongaswebeatsaints wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:55 pm Comfortable win for Tigers and 5 points.

Being a bit of a contrarian and ready to be shot down, but Saracens are half the team without Farrell. He was the difference at Welford Road but is injured. IMHO we have a greater chance of losing to London Irish (and I would place Saracens behind Gloucester and Sale in terms of current form). I do rate many of their players but I also rate our players more at the moment. So it’ll be a wrestling match for the first half. Yes, we’ll have the usual brain farts after half time that we’ve had as long as I’ve watched Tigers. But then the Aled Walters effect will give us the ability to take the game to them in the final quarter. Borthwick is talking up Saracens and doing the usual “one game at a time”, “on a journey”….. but I would suspect he would love to beat Sarries more than most.

Amazing what Borthwick does to one’s confidence isn’t it? :smt023

In current form I would agree that Sale are ahead of them but Gloucester certainly aren't/
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

baz1664 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:23 pm Great looking team and good impact from the bench, let’s hope Fordy has one of his magician days, make sure Daly gets peppered with some swirling kicks, if we win the set piece match ups then I think we will be close, good to see Moroni and Muri back. Still no MVS which is worrying!!
Set piece looks a bit light to me, in the front row, they have Koch etc, will we get the ball? I think elsewhere is very good, great bench. I have mentioned several times that we were at Bristol on day MVS was injured, I haven't seen a Worse HIA and predicted a long layoff.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Koch, Vunipola x 2 are in great form.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:24 pm Koch, Vunipola x 2 are in great form.
I just worry about this, I remember the time when we had Thaker at hooker and they scored 3? push over tries. I feel we are light in this selection.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Yep, the scrum is a potential concern. Time for our young front row to show how good they can be :smt023
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

LE18 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:35 pm
RagingBull wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:24 pm Koch, Vunipola x 2 are in great form.
I just worry about this, I remember the time when we had Thaker at hooker and they scored 3? push over tries. I feel we are light in this selection.
Agree with this. I can't share the unbridled optimism. If we can gain some parity in the scrum (and/or have few of them) then I think our defence and our attack when clicking will be enough. However, without front foot ball...
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Old Hob wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:49 pm
LE18 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:35 pm
Agree with this. I can't share the unbridled optimism. If we can gain some parity in the scrum (and/or have few of them) then I think our defence and our attack when clicking will be enough. However, without front foot ball...
My concern with the scrum is not the front row, though that's where the blame lies as refs guess their way through a match.

I believe the problem is in the Engine Room. I'd prefer to see Wells and Green in there.

Coat being fetched.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

I'm looking forward to watching this game - if the stream is working!

There'll be a bottle of something close at hand to calm the nerves as I've a feeling Tigers could be in for a tough afternoon, particularly in the tight, where Tigers' young props will, how shall I put it, be gaining invaluable experience!
Semper in excretia
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Robespierre wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:22 pm I'm looking forward to watching this game - if the stream is working!

There'll be a bottle of something close at hand to calm the nerves as I've a feeling Tigers could be in for a tough afternoon, particularly in the tight, where Tigers' young props will, how shall I put it, be gaining invaluable experience!
Gaillac? Fronton? Buzet?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Big Dai wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:43 pm
Robespierre wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:22 pm I'm looking forward to watching this game - if the stream is working!

Gaillac? Fronton? Buzet?
We're spoilt for choice down here, as you well know, aren't we?

Tomorrow I may need something a little stronger - Bas Armagnac!
Semper in excretia
LongsladeTiger

Post by LongsladeTiger »

No Montoya and Cole in FR. Back row looks light and unbalanced so clearly Steve will be happy with a LBP. If we sneak a win all the better as we have done a few times this year.
Tigers and Sarries clearly a shoe in for home semi and meet again in final.