Team up for Aironi - Forsyth gets chance!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigermad
Super User
Super User

Re: Forsyth

Post by tigermad »

:smt024 :smt024

Just located team details on ERC website.

Leicester Tigers

15 Geordan Murphy 14 Niall Morris 13 Matt Smith 12 Andy Forsyth 11 Alesana Tuilagi 10 Toby Flood 9 Sam Harrison 1 Marcos Ayerza 2 George Chuter 3 Dan Cole 4 Louis Deacon 5 Geoff Parling 6 Tom Croft 7 Jules Salvi 8 Thomas Waldrom 16 Tom Youngs 17 Boris Stankovich 18 Martin Castrogiovanni 19 George Skivington 20 Steve Mafi 21 Micky Young 22 Jeremy Staunton 23 Scott Hamilton
Last edited by tigermad on Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Philip J Gray
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Team's on the web site now http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/12884.php

15 Geordan Murphy (c)
14 Niall Morris
13 Matt Smith
12 Andy Forsyth
11 Alesana Tuilagi
10 Toby Flood
9 Sam Harrison
1 Marcos Ayerza
2 George Chuter
3 Dan Cole
4 Louis Deacon
5 Geoff Parling
6 Tom Croft
7 Julian Salvi
8 Thomas Waldrom

Replacements
16 Tom Youngs
17 Boris Stankovich
18 Martin Castrogiovanni
19 George Skivington
20 Steve Mafi
21 Micky Young
22 Jeremy Staunton
23 Scott Hamilton

It says Aguila has injured his hand. I just wonder what Hawkins has done or said to Cockers, he scores twice for the A Team but can't get a look in with the 1st's. Good to see Morris is having more luck. The forwards should be OK, you can't get much better than that in the Prem at the moment. A lot of pressure on Forsyth though.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
falkie002

Post by falkie002 »

Forsyth is a good player when he played against the boks a few years ago did very well under pressure.
i will do fine
billy said he is looking to be back for ulster
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

falkie002 wrote:Forsyth is a good player when he played against the boks a few years ago did very well under pressure.
i will do fine
falkie002 - Are you Andy Forsyth? :smt002
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

:smt024 :smt024

Leicester should get the win against Aironi this weekend and put a smile on my face.
Philip J Gray
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Team up for Aironi - Forsyth gets chance!

Post by WhitecapTiger »

GS wrote:It says Aguila has injured his hand. I just wonder what Hawkins has done or said to Cockers, he scores twice for the A Team but can't get a look in with the 1st's. Good to see Morris is having more luck. The forwards should be OK, you can't get much better than that in the Prem at the moment. A lot of pressure on Forsyth though.
I hope Horacio didn't get roped into helping AA with his flooring!!

Agree that Hawkins is unlucky again but also glad to see Morris getting his chance. I reckon that Andy Forsyth should be ok with Flood inside and Matt Smith outside him. I'm not MS's greatest fan but I don't discount his commitment or effort, and he can help Forsyth immensely, just hope he gets the blinkers off tomorrow.

Nice to see Mickey Young back too.
Last edited by WhitecapTiger on Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

They won't.
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

jgriffin wrote:Bad thought...what if Ulster beat Clermont......
Why's that a problem?

Ulster beating Clermont by 8 points with neither side picking up a BP would be pretty ideal, I reckon.
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

As an aside, does anyone know what Staunton would have to do to get dropped?

The consistent argument in his favour has been that he's experienced and you can't throw youngsters into big games because they might fall apart under pressure and do something to throw away points.

Given that Staunton has firmly established that he is just as likely as anyone to concede late tries to throw away winning positions (Glaws last season and LI this) then what is it he actually offers from the bench?
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tb1 »

He doesn't get trashed in contact.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Given that Staunton has firmly established that he is just as likely as anyone to concede late tries to throw away winning positions (Glaws last season and LI this) then what is it he actually offers from the bench?
It's a fair comment, Staunton is quickly running out of reasons why he should retain his place. The Bath game apart he has been average to poor this season and really needs to step his game up as Ford played well despite being under a lot of pressure. I think if Youngs and Young were the two half backs and young Harrison wasn't starting then Cockerill may have taken a punt on Ford but as is I think he likes only one academy half back at a time on the field and preferabley only one per 23.

Good to see Forsyth getting a run out and Mafi back in the squad, not sure how Skivington is still holding onto a shirt but there you go.
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

jgriffin wrote: Bad thought...what if Ulster beat Clermont......
Surely Ulster beating Clermont would be a good thing from a Tigers perspective?? Especially if neither side picks up a BP. (This is based upon the presumption we will triumph at home versus Ulster however) It could make the pool similar to a couple of years ago when three sides had 4 wins and 2 losses and then it would be down to bonus points, an area where Tigers tend to do well.

Here are the sides for Ulster vs. Clermont

Ulster: S Danielli; A Trimble, D Cave, P Wallace, C Gilroy; I Humphreys, P Marshall; T Court, R Best, J Afoa; J Muller (capt), D Tuohy; S Ferris, C Henry, P Wannenburg

Replacements: A Kyriacou, P McAllister, D Fitzpatrick, L Stevenson, W Faloon, I Porter, N Spence, A D'Arcy

Clermont Augergne: L Byrne; W Fofana, A Rougerie, R King, N Kataitaci; D Skrela, M Parra; L Faure, B Kayser, D Zirakashvili; N Hines, J Pierre; J Bonnaire, G Vosloo, E Vermeulen.

Replacements: T Paulo, C Ric, M Kotze, J White, J Bardy, K Senio, B James, JM Buttin

It is the first time Clermont have picked their international players and IMO the result will depend on if their internationals gel together, if they don't then Ulster, at Ravenhill will almost certainly take advantage.

Anyway it is a really strong side and hopefully we can pick up the 5 points, pleased to see Morris, Forsyth and Young, slightly disappointed not to see Tom Youngs but he and Castro will offer a big impact from the bench.
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

Great to see Morris (the form player) and Forsyth (an actual centre) get their chance.

Can't help but think that its only because Agulla is injured though.....

Let's hope that both do enough to convince Cockers that they deserve to stay ahead of those who are not in form or playing out of position.

I'm sure the experience of Chuter and Staunton (if required) will prove invaluable to the Tigers in their quest for a 5 point win, rather than the ball skills of Hawkins and Ford......

I would've gone with Slater or maybe even Woods over Skivs on the bench too.

Come on Tigers - we need a BIG performance on Saturday !!