Please get behind your team v Exeter

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Downsouth

Re: Please get behind your team v Exeter

Post by Downsouth »

Great win. I hope Jasper has his next deal signed as that may not be a short ban. No excuses as far as I can see. Says something when with that lead with 15 to go, I was still very nervous!
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Held out more by Chiefs inaccuracy than our organisation but got there in the end. Replacements nit good enough. Too many academy lads not getting game time and others getting bench spots who are average. This game could have changed that but it didn't. Lets see what season 2 and plan B brings. Have a good summer all.
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

The key difference today was getting points on the board - last five games we’ve had loads of possession in the first 15mins and come out with little to show for it.

Good game management was key today.

Stadium was rocking but strangely quite empty - a number of season ticket holders round us missing.

And for those not there in person it was pretty hot out there - hence lots of niggly cramps etc at the end
Last edited by speedski on Sat May 18, 2024 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

speedski wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 5:02 pm The key difference today was getting points on the board - last five games we’ve had loads of possession in the first 15mins and come out with little to show for it.

Good game management was key today.
Completely agree. Also our attack looked to be varied and have lots of shape(s).

I hope next season starts like today... withiut the tiredness and the cramps of course.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Good to have a win. For once we didn't look too knackered in the last 20. But at times our ball handling wasn't good...
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

That was a very good win against a strong Exeter team.

Attack looked good, especially in the pods of forwards with tip on passes and offloads. Gives hope for when Wiese isn’t here. Best two forwards were Montoya and Martin.

OHC in the backs was quality. Think he’s still scored a try in every two games in what has been a poor team this season. Think he could have a breakout season next season.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

I wonder if Peter Hewat has had some input from afar? Our attack definitely looked better, with more variation etc.
Yes, this match could have been used to blood some youngsters, however I think it was much more important to be taking a good win into pre-season and beyond!

I enjoyed the commentary from Nick Heath and Christian Day was well worth his input.
SETiger
Tiger Cub

Post by SETiger »

Considering that some had Exeter had warm favourites before the game, that was a very good result.

With a productive and focussed pre-season, fewer handling errors and a couple of positions bolstered, I think we can be optimistic that next season will be better than this one.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

At last! Remy time.

I think the question of the season for me is "Just how well could we have done this season had we kept 15 on the pitch more often?"

Congratulations Saints. (Spits in bucket) League champions. I don't recognise the farce that is the play offs. In soccer or God's own sport!

See you all next season.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Big Dai wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 5:19 pm At last! Remy time.

I think the question of the season for me is "Just how well could we have done this season had we kept 15 on the pitch more often?"

Congratulations Saints. (Spits in bucket) League champions. I don't recognise the farce that is the play offs. In soccer or God's own sport!

See you all next season.
Cheers, Dai,
Just to note, we have the same win/lose record as Quins (9,9), a better points difference but they are 2 ahead of us in the table. The difference is solely down to bonus points.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
TiltonTiger

Post by TiltonTiger »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:40 pm Deserved red.

Absolutely pathetic thuggery on the pitch.
Yes, but he went in to defend his team mate. Got MoM as well.

*from the important people.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Pellsey wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:39 pm
RunTigerRun wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:38 pm Wiese in trouble...
So stupid by Wiese! Unbelievable. Obviously red.
Something like that was coming. Dickson came into the second half refusing to ref the breakdown. It was absolute carnage with both sides taking increased liberties. Vincent was in at the side, off his feet and trying to play the ball with his foot. He'd already been cleared out and still messing about. Weise didn't have a lot of choice but to pick him up and dump him out the way. Landing on his head was intentional and the lack of any complaint from the player for me indicated the lack of malice and any ill feeling. Weak reffing caused it but Weise will now cop the ban.
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

A somewhat ironic ending to Wiese’s tenure - he arrived at Welford Road coping card after card and he ends it with a silly one.

He will be sorely missed.
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

SETiger wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 5:13 pm Considering that some had Exeter had warm favourites before the game, that was a very good result.

With a productive and focussed pre-season, fewer handling errors and a couple of positions bolstered, I think we can be optimistic that next season will be better than this one.
TBF it would be a disaster to be worse than this season.

I'll live in hope but I'm not holding my breath.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

speedski wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 5:56 pm A somewhat ironic ending to Wiese’s tenure - he arrived at Welford Road coping card after card and he ends it with a silly one.

He will be sorely missed.
I thought the same, had a wry smile when I heard the TMO chip in on the ref link. Missed, indeed.