Post by sapajo »

Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: The CAT is leaving

Post by watsonjm »

Just seen this aswell.

Sorry to see them go. I like they're simple logo on the front of the shirts and seeing the odd digger around the ground.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

From an outsider's point of view, they have been a good sponsor to us. Seems a reasonable enough reason for ending it.

This is probably going to have a horrific knock on effect with the kits with loads of small sponsors all over the shirt next season.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote="Iain"]From an outsider's point of view, they have been a good sponsor to us. Seems a reasonable enough reason for ending it.

This is probably going to have a horrific knock on effect with the kits with loads of small sponsors all over the shirt next season.[/quote]

I hope not. One, or two main sponsors again please. Also, hopefully not following the trend of having a name/logo across the rear of players shorts.
Presume the kit design will stay the same, but re-issued with another name(s)?
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Iain wrote:From an outsider's point of view, they have been a good sponsor to us. Seems a reasonable enough reason for ending it.

This is probably going to have a horrific knock on effect with the kits with loads of small sponsors all over the shirt next season.
Hopefully We may be able to attract another company to a similar deal, or limit it to just one other sponsor on the sleeve (as we used to have with Hewlett Packard and then Everard's during the Vauxhall and Bradstone years).
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

I can't see us having much of a problem in finding a replacement. There's lots of money out there in companies looking for a prime place to plant their name. :smt023
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Likely Peter Tom has already started the bidding process!
Still keeping the faith!
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Not a huge surprise considering all the jobs they are cutting atm, can't exactly be seen to be throwing money at Tigers whilst dumbing hundreds onto the unemployment line.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

They won't be pulling out of the club completely though - if you've been on the ticket sales page you might have noticed that the new stand will be called the Caterpiilar Stand. Which is going to confuse the Hell out of people who still call the MET Rx stand the Cat Stand. Personally I avoid all the confusion by calling it the Members Stand still.
Cassandra
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Cassandra »

Iain wrote:Personally I avoid all the confusion by calling it the Members Stand still.
And that doesn't cause confusion to people new to the club?
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Cassandra wrote:
Iain wrote:Personally I avoid all the confusion by calling it the Members Stand still.
And that doesn't cause confusion to people new to the club?
Pah. Plastic fair weathers. Where were they when we were in Paris in 2001? :smt023
Cassandra
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Cassandra »

Iain wrote:Pah. Plastic fair weathers. Where were they when we were in Paris in 2001? :smt023
I cannot speak for all the others but I was in the Falklands and Northern Ireland.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Cassandra wrote:
Iain wrote:Pah. Plastic fair weathers. Where were they when we were in Paris in 2001? :smt023
I cannot speak for all the others but I was in the Falklands and Northern Ireland.
The Falklands AND Northern Ireland!

Then I tip my cap to you for your ability to be in two places at the same time, thousands of miles apart and many years after conflict ended there.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

This is sad news indeed, but I can understand that in the pressures of modern business every firm has to seriously look at its marketing budget and the board must always continue to maintain its primary reason for existence. i.e to keep the company in profit and to provide a dividend for its shareholders. Hurry back soon big cat the Tiger will miss you.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

MurphysLaw wrote:Presume the kit design will stay the same, but re-issued with another name(s)?
What? And miss the chance to fleece fans for more new kit? Fat chance :smt010 :smt002