Friday night fixtures

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rayce
Tiger Cub

Friday night fixtures

Post by Rayce »

Hi all
I might be a little late with this but I just learned that Sale Sharks have changed all their Friday night fixtures to Saturday,my question is "can we all do this"? or are Sale a special case for any reason.
Cheers !

2014/15 ( THE SEASON OF THE TIGERS ) :smt038
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: Friday night fixtures

Post by tigerburnie »

Pretty sure that BT will have a say in which games are played on what day. Sale used to play on fridays because they shared a ground with a football team, sure that is still the same. Primacy of tenure seems to only being enforced on clubs promoted from the Championship,other teams can bend the rules at their leisure.......................
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

tigerburnie wrote:Pretty sure that BT will have a say in which games are played on what day. Sale used to play on fridays because they shared a ground with a football team, sure that is still the same. Primacy of tenure seems to only being enforced on clubs promoted from the Championship,other teams can bend the rules at their leisure.......................
It may have been forced on them but from last season the number of clubs who did not require primacy of tenure in the Aviva Premiership was increased from three named clubs to five unnamed ones. If you want to be the sixth you might have to take it to court.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

That would be good! The main reason for not renewing my season ticket is the fixture situation.

At the moment I am more excited about seeing Lenny Henry at Birmingham Rep and the Who at the NEC than missing the home game against Newcastle.
Tigerref

Post by Tigerref »

Controversial I know but I love Friday night rugby.

I understand for the fan attending the game it must be a pain. But for anyone who still plays ( or refs/coaches etc) at a handy level can't drink on a Friday (or Wednesday or Thursday for that matter :smt012 ) Rugby on the telly on a Friday is brilliant.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

That would be good! The main reason for not renewing my season ticket is the fixture situation.

At the moment I am more excited about seeing Lenny Henry at Birmingham Rep and the Who at the NEC than missing the home game against Newcastle.
Just to clarify your post, did you not renew your season ticket because you can't do Saturday games? You are saying that you're missing the Newcastle game which is on Saturday
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

tigerburnie wrote:Pretty sure that BT will have a say in which games are played on what day. Sale used to play on fridays because they shared a ground with a football team, sure that is still the same. Primacy of tenure seems to only being enforced on clubs promoted from the Championship,other teams can bend the rules at their leisure.......................
Oxford Welsh?
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

tigerburnie wrote:Sale used to play on fridays because they shared a ground with a football team, sure that is still the same.
The only football team that regularly plays at the AJ Bell Stadium is Manchester United Reserves/U-21s. The other tenants are Salford Red Devils, a rugby league outfit.