Patrick Lambie

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

falkie002

Patrick Lambie

Post by falkie002 »

I know one player i would like to see next year in a tigers shirt is Patrick Lambie
watching the Currie cup final he was something special can be a replacement for 10 and 15
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Patrick Lambie

Post by WiggoTiger »

falkie002 wrote:I know one player i would like to see next year in a tigers shirt is Patrick Lambie
watching the Currie cup final he was something special can be a replacement for 10 and 15
More like to SAffas
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

22 year old Boks don't tend to travel north until they turn 30 and Saffacens offer them a suspiciously generous contract.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

I can't see how we would outbid the multitude of French clubs who would also chase his signature. We'd be more likely to get someone like Andre Taylor.
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

CitizenSmiff wrote:22 year old Boks don't tend to travel north until they turn 30 and Saffacens offer them a suspiciously generous contract.
Highly rated 22 year old former South African U20's Captain, joined up with his new Munster team mates only yesterday.

http://insideireland.ie/2012/11/01/rabo ... and-81135/

Another Forum theory dashed on the rocks of reality. :smt002
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Stander isn't a bok though and could qualify for Ireland under residency. Lambie is a bok regular.

Now I see Miller is once again dumped to the bench by Sale. Be interesting to see how Anthony Watson goes for LI as he looked lethal for England under 20s last season. Those two are more likely signings.
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

sam16111986 wrote:Stander isn't a bok though and could qualify for Ireland under residency. Lambie is a bok regular.

Now I see Miller is once again dumped to the bench by Sale. Be interesting to see how Anthony Watson goes for LI as he looked lethal for England under 20s last season. Those two are more likely signings.
He's 22 and captained the South Africa Under-20 team that competed in the 2010 IRB Junior World Championship along with one Patrick Lambie. Tue enough he may well qualify for Ireland through residency, but that dosen't change his nationality. England know all about that particular qualification The Irish teams are limited on non Irish qualified players they have in their squad. If he wasnt the outstanding prospect he is, he wouldn't be there. His former club, Blue Bulls and the Springboks were gutted to lose him to Munster and possibly Ireland.

http://www.supersport.com/rugby/sa-rugb ... s_Bulls_SA

As for Lambie being a regular for SA. He himself dosent think so. A few weeks ago he was complaining about keeping the national teams bench warm:
http://www.iol.co.za/capetimes/lambie-f ... -1.1381452
youngtiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by youngtiger »

Stander is undoubtedly very talented, but the point is that Lambie, though he might complain about bench-warming, is unlikely to try to change that by moving hemisphere and thereby making it far less likely to get picked internationally. Whereas Stander is not yet competing for a bok shirt, and also has the option to qualify for Ireland, so he doesn't rule out his international options by moving.
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

youngtiger wrote:Stander is undoubtedly very talented, but the point is that Lambie, though he might complain about bench-warming, is unlikely to try to change that by moving hemisphere and thereby making it far less likely to get picked internationally. Whereas Stander is not yet competing for a bok shirt, and also has the option to qualify for Ireland, so he doesn't rule out his international options by moving.
I agree, Lambie is highly unlike to consider a move to the NH in the foreseeable future. Maybe that’s something that should really be pointed out to original poster.
My point is that a young talented 22 year old South African player will move to the N.H and not necessarily to Saracens for loads of money once he is past 30, as was implied.
I myself, despite being an ardent Munster fan, found it quite incredible that we were able to prise an undoubtedly talented player from South Africa. I hope he does well for us, but would find it much more satisfying if our current batch of young, home-grown back rowers out shine him.
I would suggest that Tigers too should be looking to bring players through their proven Academy set up instead of casting an eye towards the Southern hemisphere.
youngtiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by youngtiger »

Maybe so, though I doubt that had Stander already been picked for a Bok squad he would've been convinced to come to Munster, despite monetary enticements.

I agree that we ought to be looking at our own academy, players like Lewington and Symons ought to be knocking on the door in the near future. And though it's nice to look at players like Lambie I think Morris and Tait (if he ever gets back) deserve their full chance this season, to prove that they can fill the 15 role without Geordan.
RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RWA »

...or Johnny May even ?
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Would prefer one of our present options at 15 to come good, but I'd take Andre Taylor anyday.
To win is not as important as playing with style!