Ford V Gloucester...Yes or No?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ford V Gloucester...Yes or No?

Post by smalldell »

Reading the Rugby paper ths morning Rc seemed to indocate that GF was played against Newcastle due their weakness.

For me personally there is a marked difference in GF now and GF at the start of the season. He is faster with his kicks, reacts better to whats in front of him at this level and I believe the experience of playng in a weak Leicester team has toughened him, mentally and physically.

The big question is shoud he start against Glucester. They are at full strength and even though the game is at Welford Road, start favourites in my opinion, as we will not see the likes of Cole and Croft back, although we might get Flood and Youngs.....

Gloucester were impressive yesterday and in many ways its a test GF needs...

Me personally I would start him and see how it goes for 40 minutes.....

Thoughts please....
Minty

Re: Ford V Gloucester...Yes or No?

Post by Minty »

He brings other dimensions to the tigers play, his chip over the top, kicks to the corners and his cross field kicking, stuff we haven't seen since Andy Goode was pulling the strings.

Look at Billy, forced to play against the Ospreys in the HKN & held his own. I think he needs to be given his chance against Glos and put the pressure on Floody in a similar way that Sam Harrison can now push Youngs for his spot too.

He was certainly making some good decisions calling the set plays behind the scrums.

Well done George :smt023
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Applying Cockers' theory of 'if you've got the jersey and are playing well, it's up to the others to take it from you', then young George should definitely start against Glaws on Sunday.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

smalldell wrote:Reading the Rugby paper ths morning Rc seemed to indocate that GF was played against Newcastle due their weakness...
Slightly out of context - I heard the interview on BBC Radio Leicester and he merely pointed out that he would have a far harder time of it in other games. I agree without the rest of what he said it does sound a bit the way you interpreted.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Broadstaff

Post by Broadstaff »

For goodness sake take a lesson from Stuart Lancaster and play him. Surely anyone can now see how Tigers and England rugby has run parallel in the last few seasons with conservative and perceived "play safe" selections holding back players. Get players with the potential to the top of the game. If he were not to be selected I honestly do not know what that would say about R Cockerill and his selection policy. Well, perhaps I do.
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mike »

Ford to start and 12trees to continue at 12 . I know it was only Newcastle ,but our back play yesterday was the best this Season and apart from Murphy and Smith they were all 2nd choice ( well Cockerill's 2nd choice ).A breath of fresh air and goodness how we needed it - personaly I would start logo ( fluffy) every time at tight head - good in the scrum but miles better than Cole/Castro in the loose .
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by smalldell »

You are right Dicky P it was slightly out of context and I was trying to read int between the lines.......sorry
RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RWA »

Ford must start, I think he can cope with Burns. You would think 12T would be chomping at the bit to show his future employers what he's got, although maybe not if he's been promised a starting berth at 12 by Redpath ;)

Tricky game this, Gloucester are on fire and Ford's kicking will be crucial. You can't aimlessly kick to May, Sharples, Sinbad etc...if you do, you're in trouble.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Trinder won't be playing, he's in hospital with broken jaw.
seldomrong

Post by seldomrong »

ON yesterday's perfoemance I would give Ford the shirt. If he comes through the Glos test his future looks assured
Tigers are in my blood
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

I would say start with Ford and 12T. So likely we wont!!!
Still keeping the faith!
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mike »

When the great and the good all agree it is no doubt certain that we will be ignored - I live in hope ! .
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Ford for me please :smt026 Thought we tried to play running rugby for once....could that be due to the FH?? :smt017 Does Flood slow it all down?
I thought Falcons were a good test, they have improved over the last few weeks. Quins were poor gaianst a fired up Glaws so lets put it all into context!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

WiggoTiger wrote:Ford for me please :smt026 !

Does this opinion make you one of the great or one of the good?

:smt017

:smt002
Still keeping the faith!
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Bill W (2) wrote:
WiggoTiger wrote:Ford for me please :smt026 !

Does this opinion make you one of the great or one of the good?

:smt017

:smt002
BOTH :smt023
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!