Euan Murrays beliefs

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Euan Murrays beliefs

Post by chinnjamie »

They said something on sky about him not playing today due to his beliefs, im confused so i was hoping someone could explain this to me please :smt017
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: Euan Murrays beliefs

Post by Bill W (2) »

Murray, who has 28 caps, is a devout Christian and is understood to be reluctant to take part in a match which would compromise his belief in Sabbath observance.
Still keeping the faith!
PJ_BECKS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PJ_BECKS »

Rediscovered his faith and now 'giving himself to God'.
chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chinnjamie »

Thanks guys, knowing nothing about Sabbath observance i have just done a little research,
"4) Time Frame of the Sabbath. Biblical Data: The Sabbath starts at the end of the sixth day of the week and lasts one day, from evening to evening (Gen 1; Mark 1:32). This time coincides with the time of sunset. Wherever a clear delineation of the time of sunset is difficult to ascertain, the Sabbath keeper will begin the Sabbath at the end of the day as marked by the diminishing light."
So to put that in dummy terms for myself, i assume that means he never plays on a sunday?
RobGale

Post by RobGale »

chinnjamie wrote:Thanks guys, knowing nothing about Sabbath observance i have just done a little research,
"4) Time Frame of the Sabbath. Biblical Data: The Sabbath starts at the end of the sixth day of the week and lasts one day, from evening to evening (Gen 1; Mark 1:32). This time coincides with the time of sunset. Wherever a clear delineation of the time of sunset is difficult to ascertain, the Sabbath keeper will begin the Sabbath at the end of the day as marked by the diminishing light."
So to put that in dummy terms for myself, i assume that means he never plays on a sunday?
Correct assumption :smt023
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

Michael Jones the great New Zealand back rower would also not play on Sundays and if my memory serves me correct missed out on a world cup semi final because of this
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

MJ Chairman wrote:Michael Jones the great New Zealand back rower would also not play on Sundays and if my memory serves me correct missed out on a world cup semi final because of this
True, v Australia at Lansdowne Road in 1991. He also missed match v Italy at Welford Road earlier in tournament
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

What religion is that Wycombe Wasps follow then that involves cold and wet Fridays?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Pizzaism?
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

barson wrote:What religion is that Wycombe Wasps follow then that involves cold and wet Fridays?
You oversimplify ther religion. It also involves a certain weakness in the scrum.

The phrase coined by Coporal Jones springs to mind.

"Don't like it up 'em" - ism.
Still keeping the faith!
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

chinnjamie wrote:Thanks guys, knowing nothing about Sabbath observance i have just done a little research,
Technically the Sabbath should then be on Saturday, but this wouldn't really be suitable for a rugby player!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Skin_and_Muscle wrote: Technically the Sabbath should then be on Saturday, but this wouldn't really be suitable for a rugby player!
All depends on which day the week starts!
Still keeping the faith!
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

The Jewish Sabbath is Saturday.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

When the Julian calendar was replaced by the Gregorian calendar in 1582 CE, ten days were deleted in order to bring the calendar in synchronism with the seasons. Thus, 1582-OCT-4 (a Thursday) was followed by 1582-OCT-15 (a Friday), indicating the Sabbath was originally Friday, rather than Saturday.
Still keeping the faith!