Support

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Nic

Support

Post by Nic »

Surely now is the time to support the club and stop whinging about the board.The clubs success is built on ticket sales and support and that is the only way the club can progress.
I agree it has been a poor way to treat Lofreda but the board must know more about the behind the scenes stuff. He did seem an odd choice and I was unhappy with the kick and chase style of play he brought to Tigers initially. We will never know if allowing more time would have been of benefit.
What does annoy me is the lack of explanation officially by the club, although they may be waiting to tie up other coaching changes. Also I think if this,as it seems, was a foregone conclusion why is a successor not appointed already.
I also beleive a head coach should have the choice of assistants left to himself, good coaches often come with a package.
Finally Daryl Gibson as backs coach yes but not head do we want another season wondering if it will work? bring in an experienced coach preferably from the UK, who understands the nature of the premiership.
cornish_tiger

Post by cornish_tiger »

Players come and players go

coachs come and coachs go

But

MY SUPPORT STAYS THE SAME

COME ON YOUT TIGERS

Nuff said :smt023
BORN CORNISH
STAY CORNISH
LIVE CORNISH
DIE CORNISH
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Here ye, Here ye!!

Leicester tigers through Thick and Thin!!
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

I will continue to support Leicester Tigers, and will also continue to praise and criticise whenever I see fit.

I think that's what most supporters will do. I honestly can't believe that many will be burning their ST's (when they arrive).
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

If the club do not sort the problem out properly then we'll still have issues, as i've put on another thread. This has been going on for the past 3 years and until the board get rid of the problem then this will continue and it will continue to affect the team.

I will support tigers to the end, but i will not support cockers if he's made head coach, no way.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
BrianB
Tiger Cub

Post by BrianB »

Supporting the club involves saying what you think. Blindly supporting the Board when you think that they have behaved badly will only encourage more of the same. Thousands of us have shares in the club and deserve more respect on the information front.

Best way of defusing a situation is surely to give some information. then we can get on with our break of season and hopefully return refreshed and positive.
Trout 63
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trout 63 »

Q for Nik.

Only 3 years? :smt002

For the record.

I'll support the team as I have for over 30 years. There's been many changes in that time. Some I've been impressed by and some that I haven't. None have stopped me supporting the team.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

dailywaffle wrote:I will continue to support Leicester Tigers, and will also continue to praise and criticise whenever I see fit.

I think that's what most supporters will do. I honestly can't believe that many will be burning their ST's (when they arrive).

I think the level of feling around these past few days have shown that. People may not like this that or the other, but it is very clear that everyone cares very deeply, for Leicester Football Club.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

Trout 63 wrote:Q for Nik.

Only 3 years? :smt002

For the record.

I'll support the team as I have for over 30 years. There's been many changes in that time. Some I've been impressed by and some that I haven't. None have stopped me supporting the team.
I've been a supporter for years hon but what i meant by 3 years was the years that Cockers has been involved as a coach - nothing else :smt006
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Trouble is Nik you want the board to sort out the problem that you identify as Cockers (and you're not alone there). They could sort the problem out by giving him what he wants, the head coach's job.

:smt022
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

GS wrote:Trouble is Nik you want the board to sort out the problem that you identify as Cockers (and you're not alone there). They could sort the problem out by giving him what he wants, the head coach's job.
It is claimed that Cockers does not want the head coach's job.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

dailywaffle wrote:
GS wrote:Trouble is Nik you want the board to sort out the problem that you identify as Cockers (and you're not alone there). They could sort the problem out by giving him what he wants, the head coach's job.
It is claimed that Cockers does not want the head coach's job.
But will reluctantly accept it if it is the will of the players?
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
BSimkin
Tiger Cub

Post by BSimkin »

This issue is splitting fans into pro and anti board camps now the people who were angry at ML's treatment (I included) have had their say.

This issue has highlighted the growing divide over the nature of support for Rugby Teams.

The club need the old gaurd as well as those who are more like the football style supporter if we are to prosper.

People have been upset because the integrity of their club is important to them as well as results. The club need to remember that a good number of supporters are more upset about having the good name of their club dragged through the mud than losing a final.

I don't feel guilty or disloyal for questioning the decision of the board. It has clearly done the club a lot of harm off the pitch you only have to look at this and other threads.

For peoples information I was fully behind the sacking of Deano and that of Ashton from England. This is a different issue. I am also very proud of the way Peter Wheeler and Peter Tom protected the club game against bullying from the RFU in regards to international agreements.
BRCS