Prices at the ticket office.....

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

boomshanka10

Prices at the ticket office.....

Post by boomshanka10 »

Having ordered my tickets for the South Africa game at the crispbowl,was told there is a £3 pound admin charge per ticket. Which the lady informed me that it was cheaper than Ticketmaster though just been on there and its only £2.50. Lets try and rip off the fans again ......
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

Think the Crisp bowl were selling them too. The Tigers ticket office seem to think the we have a cheaper booking fee than them. But now hearing your story will probably check first! :D
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

A £3 admin charge on the tickets is hardly extortionate, especially as the club will not make any profit from the sale of the actual tickets, nor the game itself.

Someone has to pay the ticket office staff's wages while they are dealing with requests for this game, pay for the envelope, stamp, the time taken to produce the tickets, package them up, address the envelope etc.

Even if Tigers only paid the ticket office staff the MINIMUM wage, that works out at £5.91/hour (Minimum wage = £5.35 plus Employer's NI = 56p (11%)).

Postage: 32p

Therefore, if you assume it takes 15 minutes to take the call, place the order, confirm the payment, print the tickets, address the envelope, pack the envelope & prepare it for posting, the club are making a "massive" £1.20 profit from your £ admin charge, and that is before taking in to account the fact that the club probably pay a lot more than minimum wage in the first place!

Sometimes I think people on here need to get real and realise that there is a big wide world outside of their own lives. Not everything in life is done to screw you over.

The other option for the club was not to have sold any of the tickets for this game in the first place & make you order them from somewhere else.

Similarly, had the £3 been added on to the price of tickets in the first place, would you have even noticed? - Probably not.
Would you have been giving the club any flak over the price of the £28, £33 & £38 tickets? - Almost certainly not.

Then why are you doing it now?!?

Wake up and smell the coffee! :shock:
Rlinksteve
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Rlinksteve »

Have just bought 2 tickets from Ticketmaster and been charged £2 extra per ticket plus £2 postage, so this is no different to Tigers.

If you want more than 2 Tickets, Ticketmaster will be a bit cheaper.
boomshanka10

Post by boomshanka10 »

Dave , so if you assume it takes 15 mins to order your tickets etc beings as i oredered 3 tickets that makes it around £36 an hour ....how many people are on that rate .!!!!!
And thats just one ticket office staff .......
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

boomshanka10 wrote:Dave , so if you assume it takes 15 mins to order your tickets etc beings as i oredered 3 tickets that makes it around £36 an hour ....how many people are on that rate .!!!!!
And thats just one ticket office staff .......
ok if the ticket had been for 28 33 and 38 and no booking fee would you still have booked the tickets? and though ooohhh i got a bargain no booking fee?
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Beware Ticketmaster - that's all I can say. They charge postage and a handling fee PER TICKET not per booking - they are unreliable with mailing (I have tons of stories about this and I would rather buy from Tigers ticket office any day.

Yes, before anyone jumps in - I know I am lucky enough to be able to go to the Ticket Office in person and buy without postage charges etc, but I would seriously rather buy from the Tigers by mail than from TM any day.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother