SATURDAY'S TEAM v SAINTS

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

k1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by k1 »

Pretty strong team. I'd rather see Murphy at full-back, Lloyd on the wing and Vesty on the bench. Also, when's B Deacon going to get a run in the 1st team? He had a great run of games last season until he picked up an injury and he's played very well in the Dev team. I know he came off the bench the other week but I think he deserves a starting position.
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

What a cracking line up to face Saints on Saturday. A tough call against Saints but I take Tigers to get the win and the birthday boy Martin Corry to score a try as well. Any predictions on the scoreline?

TIGERS ALWAYS ROAR - NUFF SAID

8) :lol: :wink:
Philip J Gray
Stuart Kirk
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stuart Kirk »

Glad there's a strong team out - needed to be with having to play Holford.

And who was complaining we signed too many props? I'd rather have signed one more.

Out of interest, any ideas how long left to run on Holford's contract?
boondock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by boondock »

that depends who you ask, belperjon

bring it on, tiggers.

see you there!

COME ON YOU SAINTS
quincy

Post by quincy »

Good side for Saturday.
Why oh why do some of you (must be kids) call certain players. I presume you are related to others plying for the same position. Leave michael holford alone. he happens to be a very good player.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

It looks about as good as you can get at the moment. Perhaps start with Jennings and put Deacs on the bench? Spoke to a Saints fan at the weekend and he was very down at the moment. Apparently they have had major injury worries and he's still not convinced that Carlos is on the same planet as the rest of the team, but if he's not playing who knows?

So long as the good team get off the Tigers' coach we should get the points, especially if the forwards work OK. Don't want to doubt Holford, or any of them, but there some big shoes to fill in that front row and its been our get out of jail card at times. I'm sure the boy'll do good.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

Yeah, sort of agree with those slightly anxious about Mr Holford. Still, Im pretty sure its his first start so lets see if he takes his chance. Seems we're slightly short in the front row this week anyway with Dave Young on the bench.

Big week for Danny Hipkiss. He needs to keep up the good form and slightly improve his distribution if the backs are to get moving. Hope Olly gets some quality ball as he could be really destructive.

If Carlos is out then I think Tigers old boy Luke Myring will start. If he does, I'd be very optimistic.
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

Stuart Kirk wrote:Glad there's a strong team out - needed to be with having to play Holford.

And who was complaining we signed too many props? I'd rather have signed one more.

Out of interest, any ideas how long left to run on Holford's contract?

there you go I posted it again for you this time, to save you the trouble of repeating yourself when you've so obviously done it the hope of riling someone :roll:
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

We're getting worryingly low on props - another injury and we'll be in bother. Still, it's as good a time as any for Holford and Young to step up. I can't help feeling nervous about the banana-skin potential of this one, though.

I need more faith. Where's Bill W when you need him?
anything_but_ordinary
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by anything_but_ordinary »

hey super turbo prop is starrting!! yay!!! must mean he is all fixed and better!!! woo!!!!!!!
ITS ME EMILY!
JUS FANCIED A CHANGE!!!
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Which one is Super turbo Prop, Emily? :wink:
Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Former Prop »

Is that your attempt at sarcasm Simon. You know she is the founder member of the Mike Holford fan club :lol:

And on the same Mr Holford, lets not start having a go at him before he has even played.

Simon - saw your letter in the Mercury last night, you are now officially a journo.

Belper Jon - I read somewhere that Wig is injured too ????
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

It is incredible that after moans about the summer signings all being forwards that we're now playing the A team guys we had all along. And only a few games into the season. At this rate of attrition how many props will need to get through the season?

Like I said before, the young guys have some very big boots to fill. From A team to being compared to experienced internationals is one heck of a step. Good luck and give them a chance. :wink:
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
JB

Post by JB »

The only way that Holford will come on a player is for him to play games against the best. As it happens, I don't think that Wig or Garf were world beating scrummagers at 21, it took them time to grow into the jumper, so really give the bloke a chance. :!:

I like Danny Hipkiss, met him a few times and he is genuinly one of the nicest blokes about, but he is my worry. I don't think there is better broken field runner in the side, but he does not seem to be able to pass the ball.

We actually have some brilliant outside backs at the moment so I hope we get the ball to them.
JB, Stamford
Stuart Kirk
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stuart Kirk »

Nik wrote: there you go I posted it again for you this time, to save you the trouble of repeating yourself when you've so obviously done it the hope of riling someone :roll:
Apologies, didn't mean to repost was trying to correct a typo, but clicked quote instead of edit - didn't realise til Rizzo mailed me last night, as you will see it's been deleted.
JB wrote: The only way that Holford will come on a player is for him to play games against the best. As it happens, I don't think that Wig or Garf were world beating scrummagers at 21, it took them time to grow into the jumper, so really give the bloke a chance.
MH has been around for a couple of years now, I understand it takes a while but I'm not convinced he's shown that much progress or promise, are you?

I don't like to be sceptical, I'd be overjoyed if he had a stormer, just trying to be realistic...