Oi Iain

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Oi Iain

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Can you please explain to me why the length of a thread makes it hard to moderate. Surely you don't read every post each time because that would be daft- but just the new ones added. Therefore it's not the length but how popular it is, presumably, that becomes a pain. (Unless it's huge like the NEWT was and takes up too much memory or whatever which I can understand)

So it would be best for you if we all just didn't post anything? Or came up with threads that no-one wanted to reply to? Hmm. The New Users Party was supposed to help you out so no one chatted on the Introduce Yourself thread. OK it turned into a group of us doing some surreal nattering, but it was fun. Why lock it? :twisted:
Don't mess with The Mothers!
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

i think it is about getting a balance really, there's a lot of people on this forum who are good friends through it and like to cht and have a laugh and escape the tedium of work/school/being in a relationship with a psychotic sociopath who keeps murdering your family members so you don't have many people to talk to but at the end of the day its just a forum and you can just start another topic all over again and build it up again. why do you build me, buttercup darling just to let me down??
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Hi Red, How are you doing?

That was a very good post. But what did you mean about the psychotic sociopath? :?

I also find I need some people to talk to and feel that I've made some very good friends through this forum. I suppose Cornish Tiger (Dolores) is saying that the new users welcoming party thread was really enjoyable for those on it and they were really into it and wanted it to stay. Iain saw it differently though or that it was getting strange. As you say people can always build up another one.

I like that song you are mentioning but never remember who sang it!!
:wink:
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Talking of work, I've got to go back today after a long break!! :( :(

And it was the Foundations! Red Here is the full song, If you want to sing it to the ladiesyou fancy!! :wink: :

Build Me Up Buttercup

A SONG TO YE LADIES OUT THERE!! :wink:

Why do you build me up (Build me up) buttercup, baby
Just to let me down (Let me down) and mess me around
And then worst of all (Worst of all) you never call, baby
When you say you will (Say you will) but I love you still
I need you (I need you) more than anyone, darlin'
You that I have from the start
So build me up (Build me up) buttercup, don't break my heart

I'll be over at ten, you told me time and again
But you're late, I wait around and then (Bah-deh-dah)
I run to the door, I can't take any more
It's not you, you let me down again

(Hey, hey, hey!) Baby, baby try to find
(hey, hey, hey!) A little time, and i'll make you mine
(Hey, hey, hay!) I'll be home
I'll be beside the phone waiting for you
Ooo-oo-ooo, ooo-oo-ooo

And then worst of all (Worst of all) you never call baby
When you say you will (Say you will) but i love you still
I need you (I need you) more than anyone, darling,
You know that I have from the start

To you I'm a toy but I could be the boy you adore
If you'd just let me know (Bah-dah-dah)
Although you're untrue, I'm attached to you all the more
Why do I need you so

(Hey, hey, hey!) Baby, baby, try to find
(Hey, hey, hey!) A little time and I'll make you mine
(Hey, hey, hey!) I'll be home
I'll be beside the phone waiting for you
Ooo-oo-ooo, ooo-oo-ooo

And then worst of all (Worst of all) you never call, baby
When you say you will (Say you will) but i love you still
I need you (I need you) more than anyone darling

I need you (I need you) more than anyone baby
So build me up (Build me up) Buttercup, don't break my heart
yeah-eh-yeah

I heard that song at a charity cricket match I went to a few years ago in aid of Milly Dowler and its a great song.
Last edited by simon redshaw on Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

not too bad si. yeah i have no idea who sung it or what film its off but its more than likely some love based comedy with ben stiller which narrows it down to about 567 films :wink: no idea where the psychotic sociopath bit came in, think that may me a contradiction in terms too as a sociopath is likely to be psychotic anyway. my mind doesn't work best this early, can't understand why i got up so early, its raining here therefore the neighbours dog isn't out to wake me up at 7.29am :roll:
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

That's a pity about the rain, Red. :( So your neighbour's dog is your alarm call?

I suppose the song may have been in a love based comedy with ben stiller but I heard it a few years ago.

I have written out the full version in case you didn't see it!! :wink: You can always serenade a few ladies with it!!
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

i prefer to serenade the ladies by getting down on one knee, with a big bouquet of flowers and singing "suddenly, life has new meaning to me, there is beauty up above..etc... you wake up suddenly and you're in love" :wink: chicks dig that crazy power ballad stuff, specially at 2am in a crowded mcdonalds on a saturday night :lol:
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Red and Simon - I'm sorry I think I'm going to have to lock this thread. Its far too cliquey and you're clearly barking mad. And you've gone off topic. And it's getting too strange even for me... :twisted:

:lol: :lol:
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Sorry M'Lady, guilty as charged!!

:lol: :lol:
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Can you serenade me please, then I'll forgive you....
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

show her si, she's a laaaady and she needs the redshaw magic. can you feel the magic?? the magic is coming! :lol:
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I have to draw the line somewhere as I say. One of those bandwisth things a la the long thread that we no longer mention. As that thread had just degenerated into nonsense it seemed a good point to lock it!
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

All the threads degenerate into nonsense though. We like nonsense. It's not really up to you to decide which nonsense stays if it doesn't break any etiquette rules.

You haven't answered my question - explain to me why the length of a thread makes it hard to moderate. Surely you don't read every post each time because that would be daft- but just the new ones added. Therefore it's not the length but how popular it is, presumably, that becomes a pain. (Unless it's huge like the NEWT was and takes up too much bandwidth which I can understand) 18 pages was hardly huge.

I think that you are being a bit heavy handed. Answer my question properly and maybe I'll understand your point of view. At the moment I dont. In fact I'm quite cross. Grrrrr.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I can't let threads become too long. That thread was getting pretty long and showing no signs of stopping. As it had just degenerated into nonsense and nothing much being said the time was right.
Long threads are a pain for the exact same reasons as I gave when I got rid of the other one. I'm not going through them again, I don't have the time or the patience. At some point I'm going to have to do something about the fake airline, knowing full well I will get earache from people on here.

Really, I do envy some peoples lifes if all they have to complain about is the loss of a pretend party with pretend people on the internet. Surely it can't really upset you that much...?
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Nothing upsets me very much actually. And you are right to envy my life. On a technical note actually we are not pretend people - we are real people. Bear that in mind poppet! :lol: :roll:

Fine - you lock all the threads and have a week off. Sounds like you could use it, stressy-boy :wink: