Not a new kit Launch.... Tigers Together membership

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Re: Not a new kit Launch.... Tigers Together membership

Post by westwinds31 »

...and there's me thinking it was going to be the Simmonds/Marchant announcements !!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Personally I don't have a problem with this, does it further segregate supporters? Possibly but I don't see how its any different to season tickets and certain supporters being allowed to go to forums etc while others wouldn't even know they were happening.

We've seen in the past that cash flow has been the real club killers, a steady consistent monthly income is something that can really help with that so I think its a good idea. Now is what is on offer worth the money? That's for each person to make their mind up but I'm considering the standard membership as somebody who doesn't get to attend many games for a multitude of factors.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

kpj tiger wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:27 pm Personally I don't have a problem with this, does it further segregate supporters? Possibly but I don't see how its any different to season tickets and certain supporters being allowed to go to forums etc while others wouldn't even know they were happening.

We've seen in the past that cash flow has been the real club killers, a steady consistent monthly income is something that can really help with that so I think its a good idea. Now is what is on offer worth the money? That's for each person to make their mind up but I'm considering the standard membership as somebody who doesn't get to attend many games for a multitude of factors.
I agree, I see it as being like Patreon on YouTube. Just a chance for those who feel that they are able to contribute a bit extra to the costs of the club (and directly to the playing aspect of the club and not the wider finances) and in exchange they get a few little extras. It is actually something that I would consider as I do not have the time to commit to a season ticket but I would like to do my bit to help the club going forward.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

GB72 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:42 pm
kpj tiger wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:27 pm Personally I don't have a problem with this, does it further segregate supporters? Possibly but I don't see how its any different to season tickets and certain supporters being allowed to go to forums etc while others wouldn't even know they were happening.

I agree, I see it as being like Patreon on YouTube. Just a chance for those who feel that they are able to contribute a bit extra to the costs of the club (and directly to the playing aspect of the club and not the wider finances) and in exchange they get a few little extras. It is actually something that I would consider as I do not have the time to commit to a season ticket but I would like to do my bit to help the club going forward.
Great analogy. I pay two or three patreon type subs per month for podcasts. I have a modest monthly DD to a professional (profit making) "elite" arts organisation. I choose to do that and I'm lucky enough to be able to afford to do so.

It's all about giving people the choice. No one is being forced to do anything.

And it's a billion or more times preferable to the Scocios rubbish.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

"A limited, special edition 24/25 shirt which will be worn by the players in the European campaign next season (note: a limited number will also be available for season ticket holders to purchase)"

Very interesting we are doing a Euro kit that won't be on general sale :smt017
TiltonTiger

Post by TiltonTiger »

Does this mean that my season ticket is that alone now? All it does is get me into the matches and all the associated benefits have been removed?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

TiltonTiger wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:04 pm Does this mean that my season ticket is that alone now? All it does is get me into the matches and all the associated benefits have been removed?
I think it depends what tier season ticket you hold, however a lot of these are slightly different to a season ticket benefits
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

No issue with the club trying to get a bit more revenue, and it doesn't look like it reduces the benefit of season tickets or anything else. I'm surprised that anyone is offended by it.

That said, I don't see anything particularly interesting in the list of benefits, certainly not for £800 per year... I don't think this will be a huge success.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

The premium membership isn't too bad. I mean a shirt is what £65? and tickets £30ish for the terrace and £40/50 for other parts of the ground, so £150 for a shirt and 2 tickets. £21 a month is £252. So another £100 for a few other discounts and a birthday card....

I suppose I'm one of the target market as a distant supporter that doesn't get to many games. The season ticket discount is a bit pointless for me. Maybe they could have made it a choice, ST discount or an extra free game.
TiltonTiger

Post by TiltonTiger »

I found it interesting that Chris Ashton was one of the talking heads. No Leicester Tigers legacy but a late blooming club legend. top lad!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Does anyone still get birthday/Xmas cards? I haven't had one for a couple of years now.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

johnthegriff wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:32 am Tigers creating a two tier supporter group, they already made it clear by they do not value the older long term supporters, this new launch just makes me feel.even less valued. Truly we have lunatics in charge of the asylum.
Not at all John. This is primarily aimed at supporters who do not have a season ticket perhaps because they are not local or cant make games on a regular basis but who may want to support the club fiancially. Season ticket holders already get benefits but in order to attract more income there has to be incentives. It is in no way creating a two tier supporter group. In fact we have many tiers such as Tigers seats, Crumbie dwellers, Clubhouse and 1880 members etc etc.
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tiglon wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:59 pm No issue with the club trying to get a bit more revenue, and it doesn't look like it reduces the benefit of season tickets or anything else. I'm surprised that anyone is offended by it.

That said, I don't see anything particularly interesting in the list of benefits, certainly not for £800 per year... I don't think this will be a huge success.
Wont be of much interest to season ticket holders who already have most of those listed benefits however its aimed primarily at fans further afield. From what I have heard the uptake has been good
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

TiltonTiger wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:04 pm Does this mean that my season ticket is that alone now? All it does is get me into the matches and all the associated benefits have been removed?
No change to the benefits that season ticket holders get and they still have priority to tickets etc over membership holders. It is similar to the previous membership and super membership but with more options and benefits at a higher cost and is a way of the club raising funds and the subscribers have a say in which areas their money is used.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

My fear is that when Tigers return to playing in finals we will receive our usual 7000 ticket allocation to distribute amongst our 12/14000 season ticket holders in the past a season ticket was also a members ticket. There were a few people for whom a S/T was impractical and for a nominal amount they purchased a membership giving them that sense of belonging and ticket priority after season ticket holders. Now we are yo have season ticket holders who have also purchased a membership and membership.only holders that have paid more than some season ticket holders. What will.be the order of priority when it comes to allocation of a limited number of finals tickets? I really hope we find out next season but I am.not sure I will.like the answer.