Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Sale (A) - Premiership - Friday 10th May 2024 - KO: 7:45pm

Post by Rugbygramps »

RagingBull wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:40 pm I felt sorry for Atkinson

I was told Gloucester turned a corner!!!
Looking at their side they’ve rested a few but 85-0 down with 10 minutes to go not good
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:43 pm

Looking at their side they’ve rested a few but 85-0 down with 10 minutes to go not good
They have but it’s not that terrible a squad

I hope they get thrashed v sharks next week
Atkinson kicking at goal hasn’t improved
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

RagingBull wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:44 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:43 pm

They have but it’s not that terrible a squad

I hope they get thrashed v sharks next week
Or even the week after 🤣. If Sharks are able to prepare properly they’ll be 20 points better
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

90-0.. can they make it 100 before FT?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I take no consolation from Glos because we lost to them twice this season just shows how poor we truly are :smt012
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Posh Richard not HP!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

sapajo wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:56 pm I take no consolation from Glos because we lost to them twice this season just shows how poor we truly are :smt012
But on the flip side you could argue we pushed Saints all the way on their home turf and it was only the red card that swung the game..
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:02 pm
sapajo wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:56 pm I take no consolation from Glos because we lost to them twice this season just shows how poor we truly are :smt012
But on the flip side you could argue we pushed Saints all the way on their home turf and it was only the red card that swung the game..
Mm
Not for me red card did not help but l do not believe we would or could have won that game
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Have you seen the side Glaws have put out?

Gloucester: 15 Josh Hathaway, 14 Alex Hearle, 13 Louis Hillman-Cooper, 12 Jack Reeves, 11 Jake Morris, 10 Charlie Atkinson, 9 Stephen Varney, 8 Jack Clement, 7 Lewis Ludlow (c), 6 Albert Tuisue, 5 Freddie Thomas, 4 Arthur Clark, 3 Ciaran Knight, 2 Santi Socino, 1 Harry Elrington
Replacements: 16 Sam Scarfe, 17 Mayco Vivas, 18 Fraser Balmain, 19 Danny Eite, 20 Rob Nixon, 21 Charlie Chapman, 22 Morgan Adderly-Jones, 23 Ioan Jones

Varney being the only first choice back on show, a number of the backs aren't even second choice. Second choice front row with Seb Blake rested entirely. No Mercer or Ackerman in the backrow.

It's nothing close to full strength and considerably weaker than what we faced, hence the massive scoreline.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:37 pm

Gloucester: 15 Josh Hathaway, 14 Alex Hearle, 13 Louis Hillman-Cooper, 12 Jack Reeves, 11 Jake Morris, 10 Charlie Atkinson, 9 Stephen Varney, 8 Jack Clement, 7 Lewis Ludlow (c), 6 Albert Tuisue, 5 Freddie Thomas, 4 Arthur Clark, 3 Ciaran Knight, 2 Santi Socino, 1 Harry Elrington
Replacements: 16 Sam Scarfe, 17 Mayco Vivas, 18 Fraser Balmain, 19 Danny Eite, 20 Rob Nixon, 21 Charlie Chapman, 22 Morgan Adderly-Jones, 23 Ioan Jones

Varney being the only first choice back on show, a number of the backs aren't even second choice. Second choice front row with Seb Blake rested entirely. No Mercer or Ackerman in the backrow.

It's nothing close to full strength and considerably weaker than what we faced, hence the massive scoreline.
But this is exactly the argument about fielding an experimental/youth side. While the young lads get game time and experience playing at this level I’m not sure how much they gain from a 90-0 drubbing. It’s a balancing act for sure.

I'm all for giving the likes of FTT, Woodward, Kinder, VDF etc game time and I do hope we see some of them in the match day squad against Exeter but we need to win that game. We need confidence and to hopefully end the season on a high.

If Montoya isn’t fit personally I’d start FTT next week. Not sure how much Clare brought to the party yesterday and FTT has been impressive from what I’ve seen of him. I do hope we go for a mix of youth and experience against Exeter but I guess we will see..
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:22 am
fentiger wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:29 am Pretty well as I expected last night to go!
Positives for me were: Steward back to, and possibly slightly surpassing, his best. Shillcock was really good, get the impression he, more than some, is a ‘confidence’ player? Heye’s had a decent game, Kata, as per usual bought out and out impact. Carnduff looks to the manor born :smt023
Kelly for me was very good too. Slowly getting back to his best and hopefully will smash it next season. His playmaking is definitely underrated. Everyone bangs on about Dingwall but Kelly as a much better ability.
Good point re Kelly!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:46 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:37 pm

But this is exactly the argument about fielding an experimental/youth side. While the young lads get game time and experience playing at this level I’m not sure how much they gain from a 90-0 drubbing. It’s a balancing act for sure.

I'm all for giving the likes of FTT, Woodward, Kinder, VDF etc game time and I do hope we see some of them in the match day squad against Exeter but we need to win that game. We need confidence and to hopefully end the season on a high.

If Montoya isn’t fit personally I’d start FTT next week. Not sure how much Clare brought to the party yesterday and FTT has been impressive from what I’ve seen of him. I do hope we go for a mix of youth and experience against Exeter but I guess we will see..
Yes, I'd add one or two max to the match day squad if we are going to give experience next week. I wanted Whitcombe to come into the squad and thought giving Kinder a go as we were short on wingers wouldn't be a bad call. Whitcombe whilst still young for a prop has enough Prem experience for it not to matter. Kinder would have been a risk but if he slotted in and got up to speed we'd have a valuable option for next season.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:52 pm
Tiglon wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:49 am
RagingBull wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:27 am I don't know the employment laws, can you bring in a consultant from outside if a employee is on gardening leave? Cause I did wonder why they didn't but watching the Manchester united v Newcastle battle over Ashworth I don't know if they could
Once on gardening leave, yes. The employee is in their notice period so you can bring anyone you like in, it's already confirmed they are leaving.
You can be on gardening leave and not in your notice period. I believe this was the case for Dickens. Bringing in a consultant at that point could have led to a case for constructive dismissal as you've effectively replaced the employee despite the fact they are still employed. As Dickens was awaiting an enquiry and Tigers intended to keep him that wasn't an option particularly as we've found out since Dickens wasn't happy with how things were playing out.

Paying somebody off would have likely been a lump sum payment which might not have been an option for the Tigers cashflow. Similarly paying two attack coaches at the same time may have stressed the budget.

I imagine Dickens is sat on gardening leave serving his notice which at a guess would be 6 months.
Sorry, but no. Gardening leave is when you are already in your notice period. It's already been decided/agreed that you're leaving.

If you're suspended pending investigation, that is very different to gardening leave.

You cannot bring a case of constructive dismissals first two years of employment unless you can argue that it was due to a protected characteristic.
Bptiger25
Tiger Cub

Post by Bptiger25 »

TigerCam wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:04 am
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:31 am
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:22 am

Kelly for me was very good too. Slowly getting back to his best and hopefully will smash it next season. His playmaking is definitely underrated. Everyone bangs on about Dingwall but Kelly as a much better ability.
Agree, unfortunately both of our best centres are 12's

Personally whilst Kata has been great this season, he makes the most impact when off the bench against tired shoulders, so I'd generally go with that split of the two, but would rather not see Kelly at 13 too much, depends on our recruitment of another 13 to back up Perese though
It is not the want nor need for better players. IMO the Tigers have more than enough talent to win a season's competition. My issue is their ability to have the continuity to play as a team. There seems to be, on many an occasion, a complete disconnect not only in attack. One play last night, JvP got some quick ruck ball 5 mtrs inside the Sale 1/2. the ball was moved down the back line and it ended up towards the Tigers 22. That loss of the gain line sums it up really. Compared with other Prem clubs I find the lack of hand skills despairing at times. The off-load game isn't much better. Pollard said pre-game that the Tigers would play with some freedom but then said they would play their own game, a contradiction in terms IMO.
I can’t see that the coach has brought anything to the table this year , his game plan has not changed forwards hit it up then kick the ball back to the opposition and they score. Even when we try to pass the ball there is no depth, players are so shocked that they drop the ball , can’t see why more on this forum still support the coach , oh and how many try’s we conced down a short blind , the half’s barely run the ball , watch the top 5 clubs there half’s run riot. Sorry to see my team fall so far down the ladder
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

All I see is the same tactics as we had under Borthwick but executed badly. I expected an evolution not a revolution and we have been merely served up stagnation.