LEICESTER TIGERS 2023/24 - Crocodile McKeller: Men at Work

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2023/24 - Crocodile McKeller: Men at Work

Post by RunTigerRun »

A huge loss. Not only as a player but he came with no reputation really above a penalty and card magnet. He leaves a quality player, a test player, a World Cup winner, a premiership winner and a huge fan favourite. I wish him and his family the best.

Whilst it’s gutting to lose him, what he has given us in terms of showing you can come from nothing and develop into the world’s best at our club is hopefully an exciting prospect to other players. I wonder if someone like Hanekoem or a similar young raw potential player could come over? Develop under Hanro, Rogerson, Hatherell and Brett’s guidance of course.?

Intrigued to see what our recruitment is like for a replacement.

But huge thanks and best wishes to Jasper.
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

sapajo wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:14 pm Very unhappy that he decided to leave us. I worry over the quality of the players we have lost and continue to lose. That's Ford, Genge and now Wiese all gone. No8 was always a position we lacked quality in and Wiese was a diamond. Just hope we can recruit another diamond in the rough as we lack serious gain line busters. Hatherall is not in the same stratosphere. They say bad things happen in 3 we have had the injury to Henderson and now the exit of Wiese so I fear what's next?
Money talks, and let’s not have a third one!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tigers86asw wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:34 pm A huge loss. What is so hard to take is other clubs- mainly Saracens- always seem to keep hope of their key players and we seem to lose ours. It’s a pattern.

Tigers will be able to sell themselves as a team that creates world class forwards.

You also want value for money and that will be with raw unproven players. A tough search ahead.

Good luck to Jasper, a hell of a player but a giant hole to fill.
How many of the players that they have signed from external sources have they hung onto, I would suggest not that many, Koch and Skelton to name 2.
What they have done is hung onto their home grown talent, George, Itoje, Farrell, Goode.
Can be said that Tigers have hung onto Cole and Youngs both of which have a 100 plu England caps. What we need to do is hang onto th Martins, Chessum, JVP and Stewards
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Respect to him for getting it done swiftly. Gives us time to plan to fill the gap. Opens up opportunities for an exciting signing or two.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Good luck Jasper and thanks for everything
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/adamjwhitty/status/ ... bpETA&s=19

Seems we gave it our best shot which tempted him...

Best of luck to an absolute machine!!
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:40 pm
Tigers86asw wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:34 pm A huge loss. What is so hard to take is other clubs- mainly Saracens- always seem to keep hope of their key players and we seem to lose ours. It’s a pattern.

Tigers will be able to sell themselves as a team that creates world class forwards.

You also want value for money and that will be with raw unproven players. A tough search ahead.

How many of the players that they have signed from external sources have they hung onto, I would suggest not that many, Koch and Skelton to name 2.
What they have done is hung onto their home grown talent, George, Itoje, Farrell, Goode.
Can be said that Tigers have hung onto Cole and Youngs both of which have a 100 plu England caps. What we need to do is hang onto th Martins, Chessum, JVP and Stewards
Saracens have signed and still have the following players from external sources Daily they recruited from Wasps, Lewington from Tigers, Maitland from London Irish, Lozowski from Wasps, Billy Vunipola from Wasps to name but a few.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

sapajo wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:53 pm

Saracens have signed and still have the following players from external sources Daily they recruited from Wasps, Lewington from Tigers, Maitland from London Irish, Lozowski from Wasps, Billy Vunipola from Wasps to name but a few.
One huge difference between us and Saracens is our churn of coaches! They have a settled coaching setup which must help keep players settled. This doesn't mean that I think it's anything to do with McKellar that Weise is leaving, cash is king!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

In fairness, I would say only Billy V is likely to have ever been in nearly as much demand as Wiese is right now, and he at least came to UK at an early age and joined Sarries much earlier in his career.

Apples and oranges.

Koch and Skelton both left in their prime.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Other than Vunipola I would hardly call any of them key players which was the point being made
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

You said how many of their players and did not state key players
Last edited by sapajo on Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

As soon as the rumours started I was expecting this. Oh well, great player and good luck to him. We'll replace him though, we always do, thats why theres so many Tigers greats.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

ads wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:10 pm As soon as the rumours started I was expecting this. Oh well, great player and good luck to him. We'll replace him though, we always do, thats why theres so many Tigers greats.
The question is who with? We did well replacing Ford with Pollard but Cronin is no Genge.
Bobmac
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Bobmac »

Not the news we wanted to hear but weve lost big players before and moved on and we will lose big players again. Thanks Jasper and good luck
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

sapajo wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:08 pm You said how many of their players and did not state key players
No but the original poster did if you bothered to read it