Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: RWC 2023 Fixtures and results

Post by wigworth »

Wes wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:59 pm
Cape Tiger wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:48 am It was a tongue in cheek comment. England lost a game they deserved to win. Blowing up these sort of issues in the press is unfortunate for both sides. I suspect that back in the day if there had been a problem between the players it would have been sorted out on the field rather than in the media.
Back in the day, this wouldn't have even been a thing, the only reason it is is because the question to the ref on the pitch during play was picked up on the ref mic. As far as I can tell, nobody is blowing it up in the press other than the press!

What is totally wrong is the hatred directed towards curry on social media. Mostly from SA fans directly to Curry via his Instagram account.
Quelle surprise.
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:52 pm England vs Argentina

15. Marcus Smith (Harlequins, 29 caps)
14. Freddie Steward (Leicester Tigers, 30 caps)
13. Joe Marchant (Stade Francais, 25 caps)
12. Manu Tuilagi (Sale Sharks, 58 caps)
11. Henry Arundell (Racing 92, 9 caps)
10. Owen Farrell – captain (Saracens, 111 caps)
9. Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 126 caps)
1. Ellis Genge – vice-captain (Bristol Bears, 57 caps)
2. Theo Dan (Saracens, 6 caps)
3. Will Stuart (Bath Rugby, 32 caps)
4. Maro Itoje (Saracens, 75 caps)
5. Ollie Chessum (Leicester Tigers, 17 caps)
6. Tom Curry (Sale Sharks, 49 caps)
7. Sam Underhill (Bath Rugby, 29 caps)
8. Ben Earl (Saracens, 24 caps)

16. Jamie George (Saracens, 84 caps)
17. Bevan Rodd (Sale Sharks, 4 caps)
18. Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers, 106 caps)
19. David Ribbans (Toulon, 9 caps)
20. Lewis Ludlam (Northampton Saints, 24 caps)
21. Danny Care (Harlequins, 95 caps)
22. George Ford – vice-captain (Sale Sharks, 90 caps)
23. Ollie Lawrence (Bath Rugby, 20 caps)
Happy enough with the team, I am not overly concerned about the result but it would be nice to send off Youngs, Cole and Care off with a win. Maybe a surprise Lawes isn't in there for at least a cameo bench spot.
TiltonTiger

Post by TiltonTiger »

According to the Times, World Rugby will duck the Curry issue by not ruling on it until after the final. Weak.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Not sure why you would play Smith, he supposedly wasn't available last weekend due to HIA protocol, why not give him an extra week off, rather than play in their pointless match.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Cape Tiger
Tiger Cub

Post by Cape Tiger »

Wes wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:59 pm
Cape Tiger wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:48 am It was a tongue in cheek comment. England lost a game they deserved to win. Blowing up these sort of issues in the press is unfortunate for both sides. I suspect that back in the day if there had been a problem between the players it would have been sorted out on the field rather than in the media.
Back in the day, this wouldn't have even been a thing, the only reason it is is because the question to the ref on the pitch during play was picked up on the ref mic. As far as I can tell, nobody is blowing it up in the press other than the press!

What is totally wrong is the hatred directed towards curry on social media. Mostly from SA fans directly to Curry via his Instagram account.
I try to live in a social media free bubble, so was unaware of any hatred directed towards Curry. I agree totally unacceptable.
The commentaries I have seen on mainstream sites have mainly revolve around what was actually said, and the audios I have heard are inconclusive to me.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Ben Youngs to retire from Test Rugby
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/67214279
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

I wonder if that will lead to him leaving here, nothing stopping him cashing in in France or Japan now?
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:28 pm I wonder if that will lead to him leaving here, nothing stopping him cashing in in France or Japan now?
Doubt it, would not be surprised to see full retirement at the end of the season or not long after.

Would not be averse to seeing him look at a coaching roll at the club, no better person to teach the academy about what it means to be a Tiger.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:28 pm I wonder if that will lead to him leaving here, nothing stopping him cashing in in France or Japan now?
Just won’t happen his family mean too much to him. The retirement plan will be in place
MrG2

Post by MrG2 »

Surprised at the team. Borthwick can’t rate Walker won’t even put him on the bench. Thought he would rest Steward, Farrell Itoje and Earl. He sees Smith as an FB now obviously
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Smith at 15 and Steward on the wing may well be what he wants to do going forward so why not start now
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:42 pm
Just won’t happen his family mean too much to him. The retirement plan will be in place
From what I've read in the past, I don't Tom is letting him work on the farm!!
MrG2

Post by MrG2 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:56 pm Smith at 15 and Steward on the wing may well be what he wants to do going forward so why not start now
Is he going down the EJ route of square pegs in round holes? Steward can play wing but his super power is diffusing bombs. I’m no expert but surely the opposition will just kick to the other wing.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

MrG2 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:48 pm Surprised at the team. Borthwick can’t rate Walker won’t even put him on the bench. Thought he would rest Steward, Farrell Itoje and Earl. He sees Smith as an FB now obviously
Not convinced it’s more about playing his skipper @ 10
Smith will get seriously found out at 15
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

ads wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:04 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:42 pm
From what I've read in the past, I don't Tom is letting him work on the farm!!
Quite right the farm is very much in Tom and Nicks hands.
He may prove me wrong but I think this will be his last season.
I’m sure I read about a holiday cottage company h was associated with, he won’t be short of offers on the after dinner circuit and he is the sort of ex player, like Stuart Hogg, that TNT should be looking to update their summariser base with