Post by Greenwhiteandred »

And he warns them again after another 3 offences in the red zone
Harley1850
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: RWC 2023 Fixtures and results

Post by Harley1850 »

What a match
I think you enjoy the game more if you don't know the rules. Anyway, you're on the same wavelength as the referees.
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

What a cracking match!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Fiji so nearly there... After Wales clearly had the rub of the green in that match
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

How do I buy a Fiji Season Ticket ?
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:03 pm Fiji so nearly there... After Wales clearly had the rub of the green in that match
For rub of the green read the help of inconsistent reffing. How Wales had 15 on the pitch at the end is beyond me. But a cracking game all ends up
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:39 pm How many cynical Wales penalties, just got to a warning...

1 penalty in the wrong area straight to yellow for Fiji

Very harsh officiating!
Come on, week in week out we see endless penalties for offside when defending near the try line before there’s a card. The difference here was there was a dynamic driving maul that was cynically brought down.
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Agreed Tiger Feet
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Anyway, never in doubt 😉
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Dokie wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:08 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:39 pm How many cynical Wales penalties, just got to a warning...

Very harsh officiating!
Come on, week in week out we see endless penalties for offside when defending near the try line before there’s a card. The difference here was there was a dynamic driving maul that was cynically brought down.
Yep people love to bash the refs at any opportunity because it isn’t exactly 100% what they would’ve done. Gets boring after every game.
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:11 pm

Very harsh officiating!
Yep people love to bash the refs at any opportunity because it isn’t exactly 100% what they would’ve done. Gets boring after every game.
We just want consistency- none in that performance by Carley I’m afraid and if you think there was you were watching a different game to me
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Very harsh officiating!
I have no issue with the Fiji straight to yellow except 4 & 20 we're truck and trailer infront on the main maul

I think Wales were lucky after the yellow they gave away 5 more before a second warning, including 1 from Liam Williams that was even more cynical and less than 2m from the line
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

You can see why T2 nations feel they get the rough end of the stick with the officiating...
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Thought Biggar played a blinder.

He brought that control that Fiji needed, and that Wales completely lost in that last 10.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Tiger_in_Birmingham wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:16 pm

Very harsh officiating!
I have no issue with the Fiji straight to yellow except 4 & 20 we're truck and trailer infront on the main maul

I think Wales were lucky after the yellow they gave away 5 more before a second warning, including 1 from Liam Williams that was even more cynical and less than 2m from the line
Biggar tackling the 9 from an offside position with Wales defence on the ropes. Liam Williams tackling the 9 from an offside position with the Welsh defence on the ropes. No arms tackle on a player a metre from the tryline. No yellows, no warnings and one somehow wasn't a penalty.

Wales conceded thirteen in their own half and at least half of those where within the 22 with several around 5m out. The Biggar one was particularly cynical, far more so than the collapsed mail (and closer to the line).

Wales getting that second warning was particularly weak refereeing.

What's worse is that the poor officiating is taking away from what was the best game of the tournament so far. Fiji were fantastic, Wales were also very good in parts. Fiji losing their flyhalf before the tournament is a huge blow for them.