Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Prem Fixtures Released

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/23 ... -confirmed

We start with a trip to Bristol October 13th
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Prem Fixtures Released

Post by Qbec »

TFS : I can see the games in the news item itself but when you view the full fixture list itself . It only has the friendly, PC & HC games no Prem Fixtures?

Tigers: Have now changed the link in the news item to the downloadable .pdf, file not to the File fixture list online.
Would have been helpful if that was the case in the first place.
Last edited by Qbec on Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
BarmyBamford

Post by BarmyBamford »

From our first 15 Prem and Champ Cup matches on the download/print list there is a TNT logo by 14 of them, so a lot on telly presumably.
Excellent news for inaccessible away days if so.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

What are peoples thoughts on the Derby Weekend, personally I'm not sure its a good idea doing all the derby games in one weekend, might it be better to spread them out and hype them up individually?
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

kpj tiger wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:55 am What are peoples thoughts on the Derby Weekend, personally I'm not sure its a good idea doing all the derby games in one weekend, might it be better to spread them out and hype them up individually?
To me it tends to come across quite forced when they try to hype them up in the URC, as an outside observer I can't tell if it is an effective marketing tactic but it certainly doesn't entice me in as a viewer. Just let them fall where they may in a season.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Disappointed with the KO Times............3-05pm :smt005
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

I may be wrong, but it looks to me that there are no premiership games over the 6 Nations!!
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

loretta wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:52 am I may be wrong, but it looks to me that there are no premiership games over the 6 Nations!!
Correct

However I did see one Journalist on Twitter say that England players need 5 rest weeks post world cup... and one rest week post 6N...

So we may still be missing them for a fair chunk at the start of the season.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Assuming England (and Wales) progess to a decent level in the competition.....🤣🤣
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

kpj tiger wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:55 am What are peoples thoughts on the Derby Weekend, personally I'm not sure its a good idea doing all the derby games in one weekend, might it be better to spread them out and hype them up individually?
Don’t think it will make a lot of difference for our games against Saints as they are usually near sell outs anyway
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Question marks over that 6N period regarding cashflow. Hope we don't get into trouble again. Maybe they'll really try and push the women's fixtures in the run-up to the W6N.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:12 pm
Don’t think it will make a lot of difference for our games against Saints as they are usually near sell outs anyway
I don't think many derby games need help selling out, its more from a TV point of view.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

kpj tiger wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:44 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:12 pm
I don't think many derby games need help selling out, its more from a TV point of view.
I dispute your pointer derbies, not sure all west country derbies are sell outs, allowing for the fact that there are 4 clubs in the West Country, what would be seen as their main derbies. I know Bristol v Bath is a big game due to their proximity. As for tv again I don’t really see that it makes much difference the games are when they are and returning to our games no real hype need
Last edited by Rugbygramps on Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

It's an 8 week club 6N break,that will hurt a lot of clubs financially! Will we set up any friendlies do we think?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Have no figures with me but I'd be very,very surprised if Bath v Gloc doesn't sell out in both games!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer