Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: U20's 6 Nations

Post by Rugbygramps »

markharbtiger wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:17 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:17 pm Starting squad v Australia see Cusick at 14 Woodward at 12 and Carnduff paired in the 2nd row with Chessum who skippers the side. FTT is on the bench
Has that been announced? Good to see our lads included. I have to say (and I am really not sure about this comparison...) but Woodward reminds me of Farrell a bit...
It was on the official instagram feed Harbs. I do get what you’re saying about Woodward for me very similar to Kelly, or for us oldies a Dodge
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:22 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:17 pm Starting squad v Australia see Cusick at 14 Woodward at 12 and Carnduff paired in the 2nd row with Chessum who skippers the side. FTT is on the bench
Has that been announced? Good to see our lads included. I have to say (and I am really not sure about this comparison...) but Woodward reminds me of Farrell a bit...
It was on the official instagram feed Harbs. I do get what you’re saying about Woodward for me very similar to Kelly, or for us oldies a Dodge
I dunno about the Farrell comparison, Woodward looks like he has good tackle technique to me. Needs to fill out a bit to bring the sort of physicality to the side that Kelly does. He's got a nice skillset and a good work rate in defence. Reminds me a bit of Ant Allen, seems to bring the backline together by doing the unflashy things well.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:10 pm

I dunno about the Farrell comparison, Woodward looks like he has good tackle technique to me. Needs to fill out a bit to bring the sort of physicality to the side that Kelly does. He's got a nice skillset and a good work rate in defence. Reminds me a bit of Ant Allen, seems to bring the backline together by doing the unflashy things well.
I was looking on the player stats Sam which I assume come from the beginning of last season and Woodward wasn’t that much smaller than Kelly. Having seen both him and Cusick on the telly I would say they have both bulked up some
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:55 am
sam16111986 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:10 pm

I was looking on the player stats Sam which I assume come from the beginning of last season and Woodward wasn’t that much smaller than Kelly. Having seen both him and Cusick on the telly I would say they have both bulked up some
Depending on which sources you take his weight from he's 5 to 8kgs lighter than Kelly. It's not masses but that extra muscle will just give him a bit more edge in contact. Partly age as well, he's still only 19 so he'll naturally fill out a touch over the next year or so anyway.

I've really liked what I've seen from Woodward for the under 20s and briefly in the Prem Cup. He looks so comfortable on the ball, pass off both hands, can kick but at the same time his work rate in defence is very good. You don't often see the more creative players making a tackle and getting back into position ready to make another the way he does. Good technique as well, goes low.

He's one I'd really hope we have pencilled in for plenty of Prem Cup game time. Cusick was very impressive for the under 20s, looks so composed under pressure.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Chandler Cunningham South is like a man possessed vs Aus so far
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Woodward and Carnduff both heavily involved
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:28 pm Woodward and Carnduff both heavily involved
Woodward just made that try.
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

No6_Flanker wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:39 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:28 pm Woodward and Carnduff both heavily involved
Woodward just made that try.
He has fantastic hands
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Australia 17-14 up at half time. They seemed to have the best of a swirling wind in the 1st half.

Baby Chessum obviously doesn’t take a backward step
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:45 pm Australia 17-14 up at half time. They seemed to have the best of a swirling wind in the 1st half.

I've noticed Lewis is very aggressive and is generally at the center of most fights, reminds me of Big Jim and Genge
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

England will take that. The wind seems pretty vicious.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

kpj tiger wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:46 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:45 pm Australia 17-14 up at half time. They seemed to have the best of a swirling wind in the 1st half.

I've noticed Lewis is very aggressive and is generally at the center of most fights, reminds me of Big Jim and Genge
I wonder if that’s why like Genge they made him skipper to dull the edge a little
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:01 pm
kpj tiger wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:46 pm

I wonder if that’s why like Genge they made him skipper to dull the edge a little
He's definitely mellowed a bit like Genge since becoming captain but he definitely still likes to get stuck in, I think he'll have a long future in the 1st team
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Agreed we have got some real gems there. I feel all 4 Tiger cubs have a good first team future
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

So Ireland have beaten Fiji by 20 points with a TBP, so I think England win with a TBP and they go through top of the pool no matter the points difference.

Win without a TBP and they go through as best runners up I think.

Lose and they are out.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.