LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 Squad and transfers thread part 2: The Lion, the Wig and the Wardrobe

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 Squad and transfers thread part 2: The Lion, the Wig and the Wardrobe

Post by RagingBull »

kpj tiger wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:05 pm https://www.instagram.com/p/CuPaZmOPtLH/

Who makes the catch and pass in the 1st clip, I also believe you see Mike Williams in the last clip of them pushing the tackle bags
In the first clip I think I see
Ramage (good spot by SK)
Kelly
Atkinson
Cokanasiga
Browning
OHC

Two players I don’t know the one who catches and passes and one who runs a line i between him and Kelly (pretty sure it’s Whiteley)
Ltandy111

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 Squad and transfers thread part 2: The Lion, the Wig and the Wardrobe

Post by Ltandy111 »

Whitely is the one running the line
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:22 pm
kpj tiger wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:05 pm https://www.instagram.com/p/CuPaZmOPtLH/

Who makes the catch and pass in the 1st clip, I also believe you see Mike Williams in the last clip of them pushing the tackle bags
Ramage (good spot by SK)
Kelly
Atkinson
Cokanasiga
Browning
OHC

Two players I don’t know the one who catches and passes and one who runs a line i between him and Kelly (pretty sure it’s Whiteley)
One of those is definitely Whiteley. Not sure who the one with his back to us is, can't recall any other blondes (unless its Bassett?). I also think Mike Williams is in that clip too.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

RunTigerRun wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:19 pm

Ramage (good spot by SK)
Kelly
Atkinson
Cokanasiga
Browning
OHC

One of those is definitely Whiteley. Not sure who the one with his back to us is, can't recall any other blondes (unless its Bassett?). I also think Mike Williams is in that clip too.
I don't think it's Bassett - he's not that blonde (assuming we're talking the guy at the beginning rather than towards the end, which is Bassett I think): https://twitter.com/LeicesterTigers/sta ... yBHxg&s=19
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:24 pm
RunTigerRun wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:19 pm

Ramage (good spot by SK)
Kelly
Atkinson
Cokanasiga
Browning
OHC

I don't think it's Bassett - he's not that blonde: https://twitter.com/LeicesterTigers/sta ... yBHxg&s=19
Good point! Only other blonde lad in the squad that we know of is George Daniels (senior academy) and it looks like a back rather than a forward to me.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

The third forward with his head down pushing a tackle pad behind Heyes and Hoyt in the final clip looks like Williams to me.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

ABClub wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:32 pm The third forward with his head down pushing a tackle pad behind Heyes and Hoyt in the final clip looks like Williams to me.
It looks like Williams, only potential for misidentification would be van Wyk who sports a similar haircut though the overall features don't really fit.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

sk 88 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:32 pm Yes, so Green is available and it's only forum chatter that he's retiring hence the "if he's definitely injured" part.
Green has had to retire due to injury. It's not been announced as such but from what I understand he was gutted but had to call it a day.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

sam16111986 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:41 pm
ABClub wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:32 pm The third forward with his head down pushing a tackle pad behind Heyes and Hoyt in the final clip looks like Williams to me.
It looks like Williams, only potential for misidentification would be van Wyk who sports a similar haircut though the overall features don't really fit.
Nah the leg straps give away it’s not a prop
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

Ethan Clamp (who runs the Leicestertigersmemes page on Instagram and did some BBC RL commentary I believe last season) reckons he saw Joe Powell (ex LI and Aussie/Brumbies scrum half) in the video. I think he’s the shorter, long haired guy if I spot correctly. Could be a smart 9 cover for the World Cup.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RunTigerRun wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:28 pm Ethan Clamp (who runs the Leicestertigersmemes page on Instagram and did some BBC RL commentary I believe last season) reckons he saw Joe Powell (ex LI and Aussie/Brumbies scrum half) in the video. I think he’s the shorter, long haired guy if I spot correctly. Could be a smart 9 cover for the World Cup.
Awesome news
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
AViewFromLe2

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

Joe Powell, Keiron Wilkinson, Mike Williams and Matt Rogerson were all at training today apparently, plus a couple of other new faces.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Joe Powell is 100% in the video posted on Instagram, he has a pretty unmistakable haircut

I'm fairly certain the guy who receives the pass from Kelly is new and not a senior academy lad
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

AViewFromLe2 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:56 pm Joe Powell, Keiron Wilkinson, Mike Williams and Matt Rogerson were all at training today apparently, plus a couple of other new faces.
Great stuff, gives us depth in just the right positions to go with the LH International (really hoping it's Fischetti)
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

kpj tiger wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:00 pm Joe Powell is 100% in the video posted on Instagram, he has a pretty unmistakable haircut

I'm fairly certain the guy who receives the pass from Kelly is new and not a senior academy lad
That video plus the Twitter shot of OHC really makes me fairly sure its Marcus Ramage from Nottingham, who played really tidily for us in the PRC last year