Ellis Genge cited - Updated: 3 week ban

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LittleBigG

Re: Ellis Genge cited

Post by LittleBigG »

Back on topic though... everything is delaminating for Ellis at Briz ☹️

I think the culture there is not good for him; for the commitment he puts in, he deserves better
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

LittleBigG wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:15 pm Back on topic though... everything is delaminating for Ellis at Briz ☹️

I think the culture there is not good for him; for the commitment he puts in, he deserves better
Agreed, there seems to be something rotten in the state of Brizz.
They have collapsed this season.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Old Hob wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:05 pm
LittleBigG wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:15 pm Back on topic though... everything is delaminating for Ellis at Briz ☹️

Agreed, there seems to be something rotten in the state of Brizz.
They have collapsed this season.
He certainly seems to have gone down hill this season, his all round game is not what it was, think he's missing the responsibility that kept him focussed, missing Tigers.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

'Delaminating' had me looking at the dictionary...
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

markharbtiger wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:36 pm

Did you find the answer :smt017
LittleBigG

Post by LittleBigG »

LE18 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:47 pm
markharbtiger wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:36 pm

Did you find the answer :smt017
Delaminating: the present participle of the word delaminate. Usually used to refer to a material splitting into thin sheets

My perception is that Ellis had developed a protective shell to contain and channel his aggression, that has been stressed with layers flaking off over the course of the season

I thought it was an apt metaphor; other metaphors are available
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Some say in life you should not go backwards in your employment as Gengey has done returning to Bristol . Maybe this is a case in point and his expectations of what it would be like for him have fallen short and the reality is very different. Pure guesswork but looking at the Bristol forum a number of supporters are not overly impressed by him so they have picked up on his current form.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

TBF to Genge, he's had a few good rugby years from the WC final to being a the forefront of the rebuilding at Leicester and then winning the prem as captain.

England have then gone to poop, and he's gone back to Bristol where he probably thought he'd be at the other end of the table fighting for a playoff place! I don't think I'd be happy either. Bristol should really be doing better than they are.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Doesn't seem to me to be a happy bunny. Certainly not playing his best stuff al all. He needs to come back to WR where we can look after him. As said to him on his departure, "You're a Tiger". Maybe that crosses his mind now and again.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I do wonder if not playing with the likes of Cole, Lenny and Montoya is having an adverse effect on him. Yes he was skipper but he had all that experience of those senior pros to lean on, people who had helped develop him, Tom Youngs falls into the bracket too.

I know there are players such as Luatua and Vui at Bristol but Ellis does seem to have been shoved very much front and centre. The form of his mate Sinclair can’t be helping either
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Bristol have a front row filled with players known, first and foremost, for their ability around the pitch and so that is never going to make scrummaging easy. I also see Bristol and the antithesis of Tigers in that we have been known for taking rough diamonds and polishing them into class players whereas I cannot recall the last player that went to Bristol and dramatically improved. They want to finished article who then do not seem to push on with the form they came with.

I do hope that this is a blip and that Ellis regains his form for club and country. Hopefully with SB still involved with his development in his England roll, he has someone who can help him regain that form and focus.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

It may, of course, be nothing to do with the rugby. He moved back to be in closer contact with his family. If there are problems there that could be a reason perhaps exacerbating any ones at the club. Just a thought.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

I think there are a few mountains being made out of molehills here.

As pointed out England and Bristol have been struggling a bit so of course he has been too. But with Borthwick in charge and Bristol rebuilding and reviving I am sure he will be good long term.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

chris111 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:17 pm
chris111 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:15 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:13 pm

What did he put Chris was it related to the Woodburn incident
Yes, Guardian reporting this. Several other Exeter players tweeted about it, but Nowell’s specifically criticised the officials
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I’m actually in shock, like shock shocked. What the hell is happening? That’s one of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen. EVER</p>&mdash; Jack Nowell (@nowellsy15) <a href="https://twitter.com/nowellsy15/status/1 ... tfw">April 16, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
I have to agree with him, it was appalling
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Chobbsy wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:43 am
chris111 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:17 pm
chris111 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:15 pm

Yes, Guardian reporting this. Several other Exeter players tweeted about it, but Nowell’s specifically criticised the officials
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I’m actually in shock, like shock shocked. What the hell is happening? That’s one of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen. EVER</p>&mdash; Jack Nowell (@nowellsy15) <a href="https://twitter.com/nowellsy15/status/1 ... tfw">April 16, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
I have to agree with him, it was appalling
Would you like a copy of the law book too Chobbsy :smt023