Great forum/message board

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Great forum/message board

Post by markharbtiger »

Having looked at quite a number of other rugby club's message boards, I am constantly impressed by the dedicated and well informed set of contributors on here, with the great variety of topics about all aspects of Tigers rugby (and beyond), and the (mostly) fair comments made. Of course there are disagreements, and not everyone shares the same opinion, but the moderator (Tigerbeat) is usually quick to act.
So, as we move into another pre-season, we should reflect for a moment on what a great forum/message board this is, keep up the posts, and thank everyone for their contributions. COYT (and fans)
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Great forum/message board

Post by jgriffin »

markharbtiger wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:08 am Having looked at quite a number of other rugby club's message boards, I am constantly impressed by the dedicated and well informed set of contributors on here, with the great variety of topics about all aspects of Tigers rugby (and beyond), and the (mostly) fair comments made. Of course there are disagreements, and not everyone shares the same opinion, but the moderator (Tigerbeat) is usually quick to act.
So, as we move into another pre-season, we should reflect for a moment on what a great forum/message board this is, keep up the posts, and thank everyone for their contributions. COYT (and fans)
Mate, compared to the great flame wars of the era (2010 - 12?) when BillW was alive it's wonderfully sane. It used to be about 3 posters slagging each other off horribly.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

jgriffin wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:51 am
markharbtiger wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:08 am Having looked at quite a number of other rugby club's message boards, I am constantly impressed by the dedicated and well informed set of contributors on here, with the great variety of topics about all aspects of Tigers rugby (and beyond), and the (mostly) fair comments made. Of course there are disagreements, and not everyone shares the same opinion, but the moderator (Tigerbeat) is usually quick to act.
Mate, compared to the great flame wars of the era (2010 - 12?) when BillW was alive it's wonderfully sane. It used to be about 3 posters slagging each other off horribly.
Oh no it didn't.... Oh, not quite pantomime season yet
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:53 am
Behave yourself Kingy. You're delirious from your training routine?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

jgriffin wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:54 am
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:53 am
Behave yourself Kingy. You're delirious from your training routine?
From blowing up the paddling pool!

If you think I'm running in this heat mate......
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Blimey. I've been a member here for nearly 16 years... I'm nowhere near as active as I was, but its great that its still active and friendly. Maybe messageboards are a little old-fashioned these days, but give me this any day over Facebook.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

The great thing about this forum is that all posters have a good degree of rugby knowledge, and that there are a few with snippets of inside knowledge which they share.
There seems to a varied age range too, and length of time supporting the club, some new supporters some like myself coming up on our 50th year since my first trip to welford road.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Christ, I joined in 2005. I don't post very often as I sometimes get half way through a post and just realise I'm just waffling and even I'm bored with what I have to say...

Best thing about this forum over some others I frequent, is the button to take you to the last post you read. Absolutely love that feature. I am easily pleased....

I do think the moderation can be a bit much sometimes with random dissapearing posts. It'sa bit like junior school, but on the whole its good, and gives me the info I need. I don't get to many matches as I live in Leeds and have 2 kids so getting to matches is not always easy, also when I visit Leicester I have loda of family to visit as well so it makes it a bit rushed. The chat through games is better than the live feed as well.

See, waffling. Shut up you boring old sod....
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

There is one thing that annoys me about this forum, its the constant running down of referees, from before ko, during the match and after, its absolutely constant, Mods please take action. :smt013
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

LE18 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:18 am There is one thing that annoys me about this forum, its the constant running down of referees, from before ko, during the match and after, its absolutely constant, Mods please take action. :smt013
You’re right but that is the nature of the game no matter what age or level you watch. I do think some of us including me should try putting ourselves in the refs shoes sometimes and also that a decision or a card isn’t always as clear cut as it may seem.

Takes Porters red v Clermont everyone up in arms then as the days rolled on people realised under the guidelines it was the right call
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Brilliant forum,although I must apologise to the mods and posters for my behaviour at times! Great place to post!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

LE18 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:18 am There is one thing that annoys me about this forum, its the constant running down of referees, from before ko, during the match and after, its absolutely constant, Mods please take action. :smt013
What shoot the refs........................? :smt004
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:25 am Brilliant forum,although I must apologise to the mods and posters for my behaviour at times! Great place to post!
haha. We all have our own view on things but the world would be boring if we all agreed all the time.
A2O
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

We’re all jolly and laughing now !!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

longlivethecrumbie is doing a sponsored run thing, it would be nice to post the link on here Dave. For most others, Dave is closer to 2ndXV prop shape than Mo Farah, so deserves your support and sympathy! (and please wash the support I lent you and return it :smt036 ).
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95