EUROPEAN SEMI FINALS

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: EUROPEAN SEMI FINALS

Post by JP14 »

In terms of the Lions, there were some (especially in Irish circles) who said that Stockdale was coming back into form and should be on the Lions tour. On the evidence of last night I suggest not. Henderson if he stays fit will go and is a good candidate for midweek captain in my opinion. I have always rated Coooooney but unfortunately I can't see Gatland picking him and Herring at hooker is a possible candidate but again I don't think many Lions hopefuls amongst the Ulstermen did themselves many favours last night.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Stockdale for me is a winger who they play at 15 solely because he gets more chances to build up his run.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

RagingBull wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 12:43 pm For me the momentum had already swung before Clooney going off.
Ulster did dominate the first half but they also failed to score for the 2nd quarter which is something no one is mentioning they only had an 11 point lead and didn't look like scoring again till 60 minutes once we got back to the full XV.

The last 20 of that first half was all us, but we just failed to convert any chances which made it even more frustrating to watch our Maul and Scrum was on top of them and I think that's why we came out like we did the team knew we had the chances and just needed to finish it, it wasn't like Ulster put the boot on out throat and kept it there they let it go after 20 minutes and we got our breath back
100%, after the first 20 I thought we would be blown off the park! We did, indeed, finish the first half the stronger side, I just thought we had already busted too many chances, happy as Larry to be proved wrong!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

For anyone that missed it.. or anyone like me that just wants to watch the highlights again! :smt023

https://www.bt.com/sport/watch/video/cl ... r-v-ulster
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

though he played well in general I do wish when he is carrying Green wouldn't stop and brace when the tackle is coming, run through it, you are a huge man you can at least win the collision
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

8-6 to Toulouse at HT
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

What a turnround! Reminded me of the amatuer days, when we were known as a "second half "side. Great stuff from the lads, Well done and good luck for the Final. :smt038 :smt041
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

21-9 win for Toulouse but they had to work hard. Allez La Rochelle !
Semper in excretia
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 2:56 pm For anyone that missed it.. or anyone like me that just wants to watch the highlights again! :smt023

Thanks, OT!!
Semper in excretia
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Robespierre wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 5:12 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 2:56 pm For anyone that missed it.. or anyone like me that just wants to watch the highlights again! :smt023

Thanks, OT!!
de rien :smt023
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Bath injury news posted a few days ago:

"Meanwhile, Bath’s fly-half situation remains a talking point with teenager Orlando Bailey starting again last time out with Rhys Priestland, Tian Schoeman and Josh Matavesi all injured.

50-cap Welsh international Priestland is in a race against time to return from a hamstring/calf injury, with Hooper confirming last week he was back running"

Obano serves the first of his 5 match suspension so will be suspended for the final also should they make it.

Bath Rugby have confirmed the signing of superstar fly-half Danny Cipriani and have confirmed he will arrive this season in May on an extended one-year contract.

The 16-cap England international will join the Blue, Black and White at the beginning of May with the intention he will play for the club in the final two months of the 2021/22 campaign.

Don't really fancy facing a Bath side with Cipriani pulling the strings...

allez Montpellier :smt023
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 5:48 pm Bath injury news posted a few days ago:

"Meanwhile, Bath’s fly-half situation remains a talking point with teenager Orlando Bailey starting again last time out with Rhys Priestland, Tian Schoeman and Josh Matavesi all injured.

50-cap Welsh international Priestland is in a race against time to return from a hamstring/calf injury, with Hooper confirming last week he was back running"

Obano serves the first of his 5 match suspension so will be suspended for the final also should they make it.

Bath Rugby have confirmed the signing of superstar fly-half Danny Cipriani and have confirmed he will arrive this season in May on an extended one-year contract.

The 16-cap England international will join the Blue, Black and White at the beginning of May with the intention he will play for the club in the final two months of the 2021/22 campaign.

If George Ford is fit I’d back him to beat Cipriani in a head to head any day - so am relaxed about the prospect of him showing up on the 21st.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Cipriani starts well everywhere but soon enough he’ll blow up again and be out on his ear
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:27 pm Cipriani starts well everywhere but soon enough he’ll blow up again and be out on his ear
At 33 he probably hasn't got long left so he can retire when the inevitable dip in form occurs.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

chris111 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 5:58 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 5:48 pm Bath injury news posted a few days ago:

If George Ford is fit I’d back him to beat Cipriani in a head to head any day - so am relaxed about the prospect of him showing up on the 21st.
I remember Goodey giving him a lesson on my 50th birthday celebrations at the Millenium Stadium......13 years ago! That plus Castro's dive bomb try..... Another good day.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"