Cohen, Glynn, to be sacked?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: MOC to be sacked?

Post by RagingBull »

From what i heard he is on 400K at glous.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

johnthegriff wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:14 pm Rugbyflanker knows for a fact something that Owen Williams parents were not aware of, they told me he was happy at Leicester there was an offer on the table when Gloucester offered pretty much double the money, Tiger's were not able to match that offer or come near to it so Owen did what most of us would do and went for the money.
Tigers needed to come halfway towards Glaws offer (£400k) at least, a proven top class 10/12 - OW by now would've proven good value to retain. Don't know who thought Ford J was the answer.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Wait till the other 2 Fords rock up!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

jgriffin wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:11 pm
johnthegriff wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:14 pm Rugbyflanker knows for a fact something that Owen Williams parents were not aware of, they told me he was happy at Leicester there was an offer on the table when Gloucester offered pretty much double the money, Tiger's were not able to match that offer or come near to it so Owen did what most of us would do and went for the money.
Tigers needed to come halfway towards Glaws offer (£400k) at least, a proven top class 10/12 - OW by now would've proven good value to retain. Don't know who thought Ford J was the answer.
he announced he was leaving long before either Ford coming here was announced, it happened quite early IIRC
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Keeping hold of Williams would have been great with the current squad covering 10/12. But sadly he left for the £££, can’t blame him for that, we all would. Is he worth 400k a year, no way, so can’t blame Tigers for not matching it.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Anywhere near £400k is a lot for a player who wouldn't be in the first XV. There is a salary cap.

Burns was pushed out when the club secured a proven international replacement. Surely replacing the existing squad with better players when there is opportunity to do so is exactly what we want the club to do. Should we now stick with our current pack of forwards until they decide to leave because it would be unkind to replace them?

It's not like Burns was pushed out into the dole queue, he was pushed out into another inevitably lucrative contract as an elite professional sportsman. Apologies if I struggle to find too much sympathy for his predicament, I reckon he'll be ok.

It's ironic that a lot of the same people who are upset that the club pushed out a player, are also screaming for MOC to be sacked.

Ackermann is a drug cheat and should have been banned from sport for life, Gloucester are welcome to a man of his (lack of) integrity.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

MOC in the DT today - deluded?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/ ... t-oconnor/

I hope he's right but unfortunately (unlike much missed Bill W) I am struggling to keep the faith at present!
Soggypitch
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Soggypitch wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:08 am MOC in the DT today - deluded?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/ ... t-oconnor/

I hope he's right but unfortunately (unlike much missed Bill W) I am struggling to keep the faith at present!

Technically he is correct so not quite deluded yet.

"We are two wins away from that position but we have to start fixing what has been going wrong and start delivering."

That is easier said than done currently.
AliB

Post by AliB »

"We are two wins away from that position but we have to start fixing what has been going wrong and start delivering."

The fact that he would say this is worrying. Two wins assumes the table stands still, it sounds desperate and I think a pretty daft comment. The more realistic position is that we have lost 6 games already and there are still 10 games to go. We used to only loose 6-8 games per season. If we end up losing 2 or 3 more games this season we will not be near the top 4. Looking at the fixtures to the end of the season, being realistic I can see losses at Gloz, Sarries Wasps and Bath and perhaps more.

I know MoC has to sound positive but the real position is that "we are two losses away from writing the season off"
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

I'll have some of what he's been taking
I'm not cynical just experienced
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Anyone expecting him to try to be anything other than positive in press conferences is being deluded. On what planet would it be a good idea to publicly tell your players, coaches and supporters that they might as well stop playing and hoping now because they're rubbish and the season is over?

Look what happened to Moyes and Sunderland over in the football.
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

So if MOC was to be sacked who do we all want to replace him, let’s have some names, my choice would be Robbie Deans.
It will be interesting to see the general consensus to who we all want . :smt047
Franck Tournaire Number 1 fan.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

jgriffin wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:11 pm
Joe Ford was I understood a cheap squad option. The idea being by the end of his two year deal Hardwick would be in position to fill his role and be promoted. From What I've seen of Hardwick I think he will swiftly overtake Joe Ford given the game time experience.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

chappie wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:08 pm So if MOC was to be sacked who do we all want to replace him, let’s have some names, my choice would be Robbie Deans.
It will be interesting to see the general consensus to who we all want . :smt047
Who we want and who we would get are two different things. I want Rob Baxter but that won't happen.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I agree with Sam, Hardwick has the potential to fill the 10 understudy role and progress beyond that, Joe Ford is a good goal kicker and is more experienced so is possibly the best option at the moment. I know Matt Toomua can play the out-half position, I am not sure about his goal kicking and if he moves we do seem to be short of alternatives for 12, possibly Charlie Thacker or George Worth but I am not sure they are ready yet and anyway I would like to see them given their chance in a winning team.