Wasps v Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Wasps v Tigers

Post by DeadlyDunc »

I may live to regret this but I don't think their bench is particularly strong either.

As such, if we are in the game at 60mins it could be a good final 20mins with the likes of Thacker, Wells, Logo, Williams etc able to come on and hopefully impact the game positively.

I imagine they've gone for Thacker above McGuigan because of his pace & ability in the loose against a very open & fast style that Wasps always look to play.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

TomWeston wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:52 am Fatty Barnes in an eulogy to Elliot Daly in the Times this morning suggests that Daly will be matching up against Johnny May and travelling to Leicester this weekend.

Has the fixture been turned round or is Fatty just being even dafter than usual?
Perhaps he is coming to sign up for us and join Jonny? :smt002
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

DeadlyDunc wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:52 pm I may live to regret this but I don't think their bench is particularly strong either.

As such, if we are in the game at 60mins it could be a good final 20mins with the likes of Thacker, Wells, Logo, Williams etc able to come on and hopefully impact the game positively.

I imagine they've gone for Thacker above McGuigan because of his pace & ability in the loose against a very open & fast style that Wasps always look to play.
Wasps like open and fast, playing into their hands taking them on at their own game!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

White over Harrison is justible in my opinion, Williams and Mulipola will give us impact off the bench. May is still out with concussion it would seem and it looks as though they are saving Malouf for Munster? No Bateman is interesting and I think saving Manu for next week was probably the right call. Kalamafoni, Mapapalangi and Evans definitely a match for Haskell, Youngs and Carr. I'm hoping for a win here certainly
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

BFG wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:04 pm
DeadlyDunc wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:52 pm I may live to regret this but I don't think their bench is particularly strong either.

Wasps like open and fast, playing into their hands taking them on at their own game!
Fair point but there is also no point knowing that they have loads of fast players and not adapting a gameplan & squad to suit.

If McGuigan played and got burnt for pace in the open channels then we'd no doubt make the point Thacker may have been a better option. Conversely if Wasps do a number on us up front when Thacker is on the pitch and secure a load of quick ball we'll say McGuigan may have been a better option.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Despite all the Hype still no sign of Toomua or Manu. Yet I feel Owen has earned his place at Centre due to his recent excellent performances. Pack looks a strong one bur what has happened to Luke Hamilton? Is he still injured from his Scotland duty?
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

I've come over all Roly.

Not feeling at all confident.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

ourla wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:18 pm I've come over all Roly.

Same here but I think we can thank last weekend for that! I suspect Pests fans will be more nervous than us!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

LE18 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:02 pm
TomWeston wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:52 am Fatty Barnes in an eulogy to Elliot Daly in the Times this morning suggests that Daly will be matching up against Johnny May and travelling to Leicester this weekend.

Has the fixture been turned round or is Fatty just being even dafter than usual?
Perhaps he is coming to sign up for us and join Jonny? :smt002
Front or back row? I keep reading on here that we need more bulk!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

strawclearer wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:50 pm
ourla wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:18 pm I've come over all Roly.

Same here but I think we can thank last weekend for that! I suspect Pests fans will be more nervous than us!
The Tigers played well there last time without Toomua and Manu and put the Pests under a lot of pressure. If they can keep the Pest speed merchants quiet then they are in with a really good shout. From what I have seen of the Pests games so far they are not firing on all cylinders. For me its 4 points for the Tigers. An LBP at least :smt027 :smt027
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Noddy555 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:02 pm Despite all the Hype still no sign of Toomua or Manu. Yet I feel Owen has earned his place at Centre due to his recent excellent performances. Pack looks a strong one bur what has happened to Luke Hamilton? Is he still injured from his Scotland duty?
the target for Toomua has always been one of the munster games, the club never said anything about him being fit for this game.
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

The Wasps back division has a bit of dazzle and is pretty settled. That said, up front they will miss Hughes and especially Launch. I think there is more pressure on Wasps, so look forward to them losing their discipline.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Carr is a decent enough substitute for Hughes, he should be playing for the Springboks at the moment I hope he doesn’t extend his stay at the Pests because I reckon Coetzee’s replacement (he’s going to be dismissed Andy Robinson style according to the Saffa media) will pick him in the next Rugby championship, he’s a vital mainstay for the Stormers and I want tthe exodus of quality South Africans from their country to end for the sake of the World Rugby in general
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Difficult away fixture, Tigers will be tested, but this is a side that's good enough, Wasps will be favourites, but fancy we can get something from this fixture.

COME ON YOU TIGERRRrrrrssssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
doublecarpet

Post by doublecarpet »

May a huge miss though. Really need to take our chances as Wasps are more than capable of 10-15 points in no time.