Teams up v Treviso

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Teams up v Treviso

Post by tigercaspian »

Manu still trying to break out the line early......and missed his target. Old habits die hard......
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

47-7 comfortable win, Barrow MOTM.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

Good job, good win. Roll on Stade.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

An excellent win. :smt026 :smt026 :smt026
Still keeping the faith!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

If Racing Metro win tomorrow, Tigers need to secure a win against Stade next weekend to secure being seeded second for the quarter finals. if the first and second seeds win there respective quarter finals, the semi finals will be played in the country where the teams are from......on a normal ground.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Never looked threatened and the tempo in the first 15 was ferocious. The Treviso try was a playground lineout move off back ball, 4 sheltering 14. Tigers were missing a defender and Kitchener was baulked by Sir, but didn't stand much chance.
My MOTM was YBY who provided tremendous go forward and lots of danger, back to his best this last few weeks having shook off the england hoodoo.
Felt that we missed McCaffrey and BOC for pilfering ball, several opportunities were set up but not turned over.
Fred had lots of fun with their retreating defence and Thompstone had another excellent game.
Only worry for me was WoolyPully having a big icepack on his big left knee.

Finally, Sir wasn't bad for a young 'un and at least carded after warning, eventually. TMO did an efficient job calling a couple of attentions, and the TJs (Iassume) called a few scrum offences while studiously ignoring offside as usual.

May I offer thanks to the 75% of MetRx stand STs who left before the end and did not stay for Dan's presentation (unlike the Crumblies, beloved of Roly); my drive home was awesomely efficient and serene due to lack of traffic, despite the closure of the A5. :smt023
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Tigerbeat wrote:If Racing Metro win tomorrow, Tigers need to secure a win against Stade next weekend to secure being seeded second for the quarter finals. if the first and second seeds win there respective quarter finals, the semi finals will be played in the country where the teams are from......on a normal ground.

KEEP THE FAITH Tigerbeat
Still keeping the faith!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

rdracup wrote:
Cagey Tiger wrote:
rdracup wrote: 23 Point group winner now guaranteed home quarter.
Make that 22. Ospreys have 16 points from 5, so maximum 21. Exeter have 10 from 4 so maximum 20. Clermont 14 from 5 and Bordeaux 6 from 4.
Indeed. And Munster have done the business. Win today and rest a few next weekend perhaps.

Can't afford to rest our best players next week if Racing win tomorrow. Tigers need to secure one of the top two seeds for the quarter finals to have a chance of home country advantage in the semis.

The only way to secure a home semi for Tigers is to finish second seeds

If the clubs ranked 3 and 2 win their QFs, the club ranked 2 will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 3 and 7 win their QFs, the club ranked 7 will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 6 and 2 win their QFs, the club ranked 6 will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 6 and 7 win their QFs, the club ranked 6 will have home country advantage
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

OK there were a few holes in the performance, in the post match gospel according to St Cockers..........BUT.......when the filthy weather came we did tighten the game up and stopped playing pass the handbag? Plan B did come out to play, unlike the Saints game?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Tigerbeat wrote:If Racing Metro win tomorrow, Tigers need to secure a win against Stade next weekend to secure being seeded second for the quarter finals. if the first and second seeds win there respective quarter finals, the semi finals will be played in the country where the teams are from......on a normal ground.
That's what my predictive maths suggests too, even a bonus point next week probably won't make any difference to seeding. Win next week takes us to #2 anything else #3. Remember,Racing drew at Northampton so would have less wins.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

What in this case is a normal ground? neutral?
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Christophelp

Post by Christophelp »

Stu_F wrote:
That's what my predictive maths suggests too, even a bonus point next week probably won't make any difference to seeding. Win next week takes us to #2 anything else #3. Remember,Racing drew at Northampton so would have less wins.
A bonus point win would make a difference:
A 4 point win would take us to 27 points which Racing can match with two BP wins.
The first tie-breaker is points difference.
Racing are likely to notch big wins against Scarlets and Glasgow, so might finish up with a better points difference than us (we're currently +109 vs their +71).

So I think we'll probably need a bonus point win next weekend to secure a top 2 seeding.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

I think you underestimate Glasgow in particular.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Cockers is well aware of the new EC rules I think and made it clear last night that we would be playing our best team v Stade next week.

Personally I hope McCaffrey plays 7 as he's the closest we have (with BOC injured) to a proper open side.

We should have a few options in the backs next week and it will be interesting who is picked in the centre. My guess is Smith at 12 and Manu at 13, with either Tait or Betham to replace Manu after 60 mins.

I would go with; Cole, Youngs, Ayerza, Kitchener, Fitzgerald, Croft, McCaffrey, Pearce, Youngs, Burns, Smith, Manu, Betham, Goneva, Veainu.
Bench; Balmain, Thacker, Logo, Barrow, Harrison, Tait, Bell, - not sure about the final forward!
Soggypitch
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

I hope they never remove relegation from the Premiership.
I would not wish to see that level of oompetition most weeks.
Possibly why he Irish have struggled a bit in the ECC.
Cheery chappy