Hard luck Scotland

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Re: Hard luck Scotland

Post by trendylfj »

Whilst having every sympathy with the whole of the Scottish squad, I really hope that there is no "legal challenge".
drc_007 wrote:Legal challenge from Scotland?

The game is over, wrongs were done, but there will be and should not be a legal challenge or replay.

I hope CJ had the manners to wait in the tunnel and exchanged handshakes there where he was safe and had finished his pee - I don't think so.

The wrong decision I can understand and forgive but the rest - NO NO NO!
Hehehehehehehehe
Mersey Tiger

Post by Mersey Tiger »

Sticking to the question of the decision itself, I have to say that watching it live on television my immediate reaction when I saw the ball knocked forward to be caught by the Scottish player was "He's offside! It's a penalty!"
This is something that happens fairly regularly in Rugby Union and I (like probably every other regular fan) can spot it when it happens.
So when I saw Joubert (finally) give the penalty my thought was that he had made the correct decision, and that if he had NOT given it then he would have been chickening out.
As has been clarified, he could not go to the TMO for this type of decision. Therefore he called it as he saw it, and without the benefit of multiple slow-mo replays to establish if the ball may or may not have slightly grazed this colour or that colour of shirt. It all happens in an instant!
There is enough criticism of referees on this Forum about how regularly referees go to the TMO when they should make decisions on the basis of what was in front of them.
What I find unacceptable is the amount of abuse that has been launched by all the rent-a-mouths, who are quite happy to be paid a lot of money to sit in front of cameras and talk the usual vacuous rubbish to fill airtime. Would they have been saying the same sorts of things if they were not so biased? (I know Dawson is not Scottish but in my opinion he just likes to be in front of a camera and be controversial).
So, my final view? - I thought that Joubert made the correct decision at the time and in the circumstances. Other decisions and whether he disappeared from the pitch quickly are totally irrelevant. It was a penalty - the Aussies scored - and the Scots lost. That's sport! Get over it!
Neil Back is the Greatest!
TigerTanks

Post by TigerTanks »

trendylfj wrote: I hope CJ had the manners to wait in the tunnel and exchanged handshakes there where he was safe and had finished his pee - I don't think so.
That's a good point. Do we actually know what happened after he ran off?

Was it because he was bursting for a pee? and if so did he talk to the players after he'd washed his hands?

or

Was it because he was scared he'd be dismantled by the players / fans and he ran away?

I've not heard any report from or about CJ explaining the whats and wherefores after he left the pitch - is it all speculation and rumour at the moment still?
Beer and Rugby are more or less synonymous.
Chris Laidlaw - New Zealand All Black.
Teamwork, Respect, Enjoyment, Discipline, Sportsmanship