Players Out Of Contract

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Players Out Of Contract

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Tigris wrote:More on Parlings contract discussions: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... ester.html

As always, who knows the actual situation.
Saw this on the Unoffy earlier, and much like one poster there I'm wondering how Glaws have made a vastly superior offer...to a player still under contract? Surely they cannot make such an offer prior to January 1st of the last year of a players contract...Unless Tigers are aware of interest and have allowed an approach? Or, Clause in contract etc? Or, this all from the mouth of an agent who may have been approached (can this happen?) without the player actually being 'tapped up'?

I'm mildly tempted (hoping) to put this down to the 'Agent' factor, trying to blag extra bucks out of the club. I hope there isn't anything in it. It all appears to be getting very like 'Football' these days.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Hope Geoff does resign for Tigers, call me a romantic but especially after they rehabilitated and stuck by him during the two seasons he was absent injured. Fingers crossed that he will stay where his bread is well and truly buttered :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

sapajo wrote:Hope Geoff does resign for Tigers, call me a romantic but especially after they rehabilitated and stuck by him during the two seasons he was absent injured. Fingers crossed that he will stay where his bread is well and truly buttered :smt023
Hope you mean re-sign?! :smt002 :smt005
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

The rumour being in the mail doesn't add to its strength it all, they probably just had a few column inches to fill. I'm still fairly confident that Parling will stay but losing Parling and Mafi would be disappointing, if both stay it would be a a real coup for the club.
Last edited by PM76 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
sapajo wrote:Hope Geoff does re-sign for Tigers, call me a romantic but especially after they rehabilitated and stuck by him during the two seasons he was absent injured. Fingers crossed that he will stay where his bread is well and truly buttered :smt023
Hope you mean re-sign?! :smt002 :smt005

Darn it your right! I have done it again and I have now corrected my poor spelling :smt023
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

If in January, Parling or anyone else opts to leave for more money at the
end of the season, for heaven's sake, don't continue to play them.
A life long Tiger
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

PM76 wrote:... but loosing Parling and Mafi would be disappointing ...
Is this similar to loosing the dogs on some undesirable who trespasses on your property?
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

BJ. wrote:
PM76 wrote:... but loosing Parling and Mafi would be disappointing ...
Is this similar to loosing the dogs on some undesirable who trespasses on your property?
I think its more similar to having someone else loose two of your old dogs on your property.

I do apologise for my mistake!!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

For God's sake could some of the spelling gurus let their lexical sphincters relax a bit - I'm getting increasingly fed up with good threads being interrupted by carp about typos....... :smt013
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

jgriffin wrote:For God's sake could some of the spelling gurus let their lexical sphincters relax a bit - I'm getting increasingly fed up with good threads being interrupted by carp about typos....... :smt013

Well said. :smt038
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

So we are 70% certain going to lose Parling Mafi and Ford , amongst others-gone are Agulla and Twelvetrees
We are apparantly keeping Smith Hamilton Young Harrison Bowden Deacon x 2 Crane Chuter-all near the end or inferior... Think of the monies they cost...
We dont give games to young Academy players
We are becoming like Arsenal, settling for mediocrity and hoping just for a top 4, occasional Premiership and not much more !!
Are we seeing the future???????
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

My reading of the Mafi situation is that we may lose him as since his arrival he has developed and can get a higher salary in France or Japan.
Tigers are unlikely to be able to compete with salary offers but are hoping to retain his services.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Uhtred

Post by Uhtred »

I love it when Emotion and Statistics get together but I just wish Statistics didn't have to get all dressed up for the event...
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

fortysix wrote:So we are 70% certain going to lose Parling Mafi and Ford , amongst others-gone are Agulla and Twelvetrees
We are apparantly keeping Smith Hamilton Young Harrison Bowden Deacon x 2 Crane Chuter-all near the end or inferior... Think of the monies they cost...
We are becoming like Arsenal, settling for mediocrity and hoping just for a top 4, occasional Premiership and not much more !!
Spread to thin cracks will appear so we may have to accept mediocrity after all.
TigerAlex
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerAlex »

fortysix wrote:So we are 70% certain going to lose Parling Mafi and Ford , amongst others-gone are Agulla and Twelvetrees
Oh dear! Woe is us. The club is collapsing around our ears and next season we are sure to be relegated.

Nothing is certain about Parling and Ford- it sounds as if both want to stay at the club, and remember we were 90% certain to lose Castrogiovanni a couple of years ago. I would really hope that Parling would have some sort of loyalty to the club who saw him through a long spell of injury and got him into the form which has made him a starter for England and a realistic candidate for the Lions. Very few players have left Leicester and gone onto better things.

Mafi is a bit of a different case because he can go abroad without denting his chances of playing international rugby which opens the door for much, much larger salary offers which Tigers cannot even hope to compete with.

Twelvetrees is still behind Barritt and Turner-Hall (and Allen) in the England pecking order so hasn't really progressed since leaving Tigers. Agulla hasn't exactly been setting the world alight at Bath either and he hasn't been making the case that letting him go was a mistake.