Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigermad
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Ulster - Friday 13th

Post by tigermad »

:smt024 :smt024

This will be the mother of all encounters at fortress Ravenhill but anything is possible. Leicester need to be on the money from minute 1 and take the game to Ulster. A win of any description will do me tomorrow night.

LEICESTER TIGERS - ALL THE WAY
Philip J Gray
PJLowry

Post by PJLowry »

I think out of the teams named, Ulster have the stronger pack and leicester have the stronger backline. Ulster's backline looks a bit light weight with paddy wallace playing for the first time in ages, and Terblanche at full back isnt exactly big. So as an Ulster fan I'm worried, and I would hope if things dont go to plan then McLaughlin is prepared to bring on Marshall early for humph (watch out for him tigers fans!)

Leicester have an impressive number of choices at back row, but so have ulster (why roger wilson and others have been able to leave). Lookin forward to see how 12 trees performs. Could be the difference! I shall be watching from the terrace :)
parkerd68
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by parkerd68 »

How I'm wishing for a performance like the one at Thomond Park when we attacked them relentlessly from the start.

Not sure it'll happen, but I can hope. If we can rattle them early on and quieten the crowd, there is a chance.
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

I wish the players the best of luck tomorrow but I feel that the club should be making a stand against Friday night matches by refusing to play.

It is completely unfair on the away club and their supporters for a key European match to be played on a Friday. It means that less away supporters will be able to travel there and gives the home team an extra advantage. I have always considered it to be a form of cheating that should be stamped out.
Excuse me. Where do I get a yellow balaclava from?
I asked Gavin Henson if they sold them at Matalan but he said they didn't because they messed his hair up.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

I think we need to let them score a try first. We always seems to do better when our backs are against the wall. If we get a lead early on we will switch off as usual and let them back in
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Ulster

Post by Ulster »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:I think we need to let them score a try first. We always seems to do better when our backs are against the wall. If we get a lead early on we will switch off as usual and let them back in
:smt043 :smt030
Taphouse

Post by Taphouse »

Hi folks.

Just want to wish anyone coming over a safe journey and let you know you are all very welcome in The Taphouse Bar all this weekend. We will have live music after the game tomorrow night along with drinks offers when you produce your match ticket. For anyone staying over the weekend we will show all the heineken cup games from saturday and Sunday too. We hope you enjoy your time in Belfast and especially the atmosphere at the game.

Best of luck.
cheasytiger
Tiger Cub

Post by cheasytiger »

TO ALL YOU ULSTER SUPPORTERS,I SEND GREETINGS AND THANKS FOR YOUR KIND OFFERS OF HOSPITALITY,I HAVE EXPERIENCED AN IRISH WELCOLM WHICH IS SECOND TO NONE BOTH ON AND OFF THE PITCH BOTH PACK A MIGHTY WALLOP.
UNFORTUNATLY DUE TO FINANCIAL CRISIS I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND,WHICH PEEVES ME GREATLY BUT I WILL BE THERE IN SPIRIT AND GLUED TO THE T.V.
I SHALL MISS THE CRAIC,THE BANTER AND THE APOLOGIES AFTER THE GAME FOR SOME FOOLISH MISDEMEANOR THAT I MIGHT HAVE COMMITTED,I HOPE THOSE WHO ARE THERE HAVE A WONDERFUL NIGHT AND AN EDUCATION OF HOW THE BEAUTIFUL GAME SHOULD BE PLAYED FOR THEY`LL BE NO QUARTER ASKED OR GIVEN FROM TWO VERY TALENTED TEAMS IT WILL BE A TOUGH CALL AND I BELIEVE THAT TIGERS WILL JUST ABOUT NICK IT. GOOD LUCK TIGERS!!!!!! :smt049 :smt049 :smt049
CHEASYTIGER
ozwaldcopperpot
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by ozwaldcopperpot »

yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote:I wish the players the best of luck tomorrow but I feel that the club should be making a stand against Friday night matches by refusing to play.

It is completely unfair on the away club and their supporters for a key European match to be played on a Friday. It means that less away supporters will be able to travel there and gives the home team an extra advantage. I have always considered it to be a form of cheating that should be stamped out.
:smt043 Tigers ever play a match on a Sunday ? Friday nite down at Ravers, when we play 99.9% of our home games, we change this because....

for Tigers fan's poppin over, safe trip, here's to a beautiful game :smt002 4 us
...Devil's advocate
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote:I wish the players the best of luck tomorrow but I feel that the club should be making a stand against Friday night matches by refusing to play.

I have read some drivel on this forum in my time but this takes the biscuit. Are you seriously suggesting Leicester should refuse to play the match partly because some supporters cannot get to Belfast on a Friday night? What's next - don't play on rainy days in case some supporters don't like getting wet? Perhaps we should consider changing the club colours to accommodate any supporters who have red-green colour blindness.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

BJ. wrote:I have read some drivel on this forum in my time but this takes the biscuit. Are you seriously suggesting Leicester should refuse to play the match partly because some supporters cannot get to Belfast on a Friday night? What's next - don't play on rainy days in case some supporters don't like getting wet? Perhaps we should consider changing the club colours to accommodate any supporters who have red-green colour blindness.
:prayer:
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

^ :smt023
Valhalla I am coming!
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

kingol22 wrote:Very good team from what we have available. Hopefully the backs will of gelled last week and will be firing on all cylinders for this one.

We need a strong performance from the pack, if we dominate them up front we will win. Lineout should be strong, Scrum should be strong if not dominate but it will only get stronger when the subs come on.

I'm feeling optimistic so Tigers by 12.

That would definitely do me although i have a feeling it may be closer then that.I just hope Billy can keep cool and calm as i feel Ulster may be targeting him from kick off.

I'm nervous already and their is still 11 hours to go.

Tigers by 3.

COME ON YOU TIGERS!!! :smt026 :smt026
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
Ulster

Post by Ulster »

Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

Ulster wrote:http://img.ly/cD4s

:smt027
That is clearly around the neck and a high tackle - penalty to Tigers! Billy will smash over the 3 points every time!!! :smt003