Ben Youngs

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WilfMan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Ben Youngs

Post by WilfMan »

First of all just want to say I thought he had a great game!!

However, he was down for a bit with a knee injury, despite playing on he didn’t look %100

Anyone heard any news on whether it was more serious?
-
"Forwards decide who win the game, Backs decide by how much"
-
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Re: Ben Youngs

Post by BJ. »

It looked bad at first as his left foot got caught under him in the tackle and his knee appeared to be overextended. However, he did trot down to the Saints' 22 to retrieve his boot straight afterwards. If it had been serious, I'm sure he would have been subbed sooner.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

He looked to be moving fairly well at the end of the game when he came on to shake hands etc with the other players.
It did look nasty at the time, i think once he started moving the biggest problem were his boots. Once he retreaved his boot initially he had some time again with the physio trying to sort his boots out. In the end they brought a new pair on for him.
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
hww27
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by hww27 »

he tweeted that his boots had split.. maybe when his leg got caught underneath him.
Proud member of the Tom Youngs Fan Club :)
Longshanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Longshanks »

It looked at one point as though his right ankle was receiving attention - so maybe unrelated. That said, the replay looked bad and resembled the dreaded "hyper-extension". Very relieved to see him back on his feat playing on.
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

I thought Youngs was excellent on Saturday - especially considering it was his first start in ages and againts massive opposition. His movement around the breakdown gives us so much more momentum than simply just getting it out to the nearest forward or the fly half. One great break as well in the second half.

Watching on TV I had my head in my hands when he went down under that knee, and you could actually hear him yelling in pain. I wonder though if it was a psychological thing - first time I went down on my leg in a match after breaking it I was convinced I'd done it again!
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com