LV Cup

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

falkie002

Re: LV Cup

Post by falkie002 »

cockers did say that the Lv cup was for younger players so i was not suprised that he picked that sqaud of players he will hope fully bring all his players back for the home game next friday night agaisnt glous.
for a big push up the table and get a good start in the HC
we will be ok in the end :smt026
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

So here we are on Sunday feeling thoroughly deflated.
What a debacle?
A life long Tiger
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

On a positive note, Cardiff, London Irish and Sale, who are in the same group as Tigers, all lost.

So Tigers are still in with a shout!! :smt003

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Tigerbeat wrote:On a positive note, Cardiff, London Irish and Sale, who are in the same group as Tigers, all lost.

:smt005 Tigerbeat. When are you taking up post as a political spin doctor? :smt023 :smt023
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Tigerbeat wrote:On a positive note, Cardiff, London Irish and Sale, who are in the same group as Tigers, all lost.

Hopefully that doesnt stop cockers putting out a stronger team next week. 1 Win could see us qualify from the group.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Kingol22, I would not hold your breath for a stromger team, maybe a stronger squad, with some of the returning players on the bench
www.matthampson.co.uk
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

Just read that Saints picked Wood to start & had Lawes & Hartley on the bench a very different view of the LV cup!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... ation.html
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

Tigerbeat wrote:Kingol22, I would not hold your breath for a stromger team, maybe a stronger squad, with some of the returning players on the bench
That's a shame, I thought that in 07 Cockers brought all the big guns back before the big games (the website confirmed this) and I was hoping he would do something similar this year, Sale on a cold, wet Friday night will be a difficul place for players to gel and that game is pretty much a must win.
cc

Post by cc »

Sorry, but can anyone explain how the LV cup works?I find the system rather confusing. Perhaps im just being dim but I cannot find an explanation anywhere
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

cc wrote:Sorry, but can anyone explain how the LV cup works?I find the system rather confusing. Perhaps im just being dim but I cannot find an explanation anywhere
Take a look at this site:

http://www.lv.com/aboutus/sponsorship/r ... hip/lv-cup

www.matthampson.co.uk
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

cc wrote:Sorry, but can anyone explain how the LV cup works?I find the system rather confusing. Perhaps im just being dim but I cannot find an explanation anywhere
You are in a pool with 3 other teams (2 English clubs and 1 Welsh region).

You, and everyone else in your pool, plays 4 games against 3 English clubs and 1 Welsh region (all of whom are in another pool) together.

It is possible (in theory) to win 4 games all with try bonus and not go through whilst another team goes through with no wins and no bonus points just a better points difference.
cc

Post by cc »

Thanks tiger beat, that was very helpful
Tiger in birmingham, your last paragraph gives a scenario that sounds completely bonkers, but it at least gives us some hope!
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

cc wrote:Thanks tiger beat, that was very helpful
Tiger in birmingham, your last paragraph gives a scenario that sounds completely bonkers, but it at least gives us some hope!
It is bonkers, and somethign similar happened last season when Newcastle got through to the LV SFs despite losing to Quins and Bath in their group, whereas Bath won 3 games in their group and failed to qualify.

Currently, Leicester sit second in our group, just 1 point behind London Irish. Harelquins - who won on the weekend - are bottom of their group.