Are Tigers due a new home kit??

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

DickyP
Super User
Super User

Re: Are Tigers due a new home kit??

Post by DickyP »

Caerlyr Osprey wrote:I just hope our new third shirt isn't as bad as the Ulster Third Shirt

http://tinyurl.com/3ont3ns
Yuck! :smt019
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

Caerlyr Osprey wrote:I just hope our new third shirt isn't as bad as the Ulster Third Shirt

http://tinyurl.com/3ont3ns
Actually, thats quite cool :smt016
ulstertiger

Post by ulstertiger »

I would like to think it will all coincide with this kitbag partnership and will be shown off when the new store/online store opens on th 10th august or whatever it is.

Fair play to tigers though, its the worlds best kept secret!!

Otherwise i will be looking a tad silly in a 5 x xxl shirt come the exeter game.
Gibbo12
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gibbo12 »

Passing by the Tigers/Cotton Traders outlet in the city centre this morning, I dropped in and asked the man at the counter when the new shirt would be released. He said its not likely to be on stock until the end of September or early October. He said that the playing quality ones are made in the UK (for the players) but the replicas are shipped from China and could be quite some time before they are available for purchase! :smt085

My reaction; "How rediculous"

His response: 'Well I could tell you they'll be here next week but I think you'd be disappointed' :smt102
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Gibbo12 wrote:Passing by the Tigers/Cotton Traders outlet in the city centre this morning, I dropped in and asked the man at the counter when the new shirt would be released. He said its not likely to be on stock until the end of September or early October. He said that the playing quality ones are made in the UK (for the players) but the replicas are shipped from China and could be quite some time before they are available for purchase! :smt085

My reaction; "How rediculous"

His response: 'Well I could tell you they'll be here next week but I think you'd be disappointed' :smt102
If that is correct, it is poor planning. The primetime for new shirt sales is the start of the new season surely? I went to the Emirates cup at the weekend and the number of new Arsenal shirts on show was unbelievable!
Always a Tiger
Gibbo12
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gibbo12 »

I agree. If it turns out to be just as he said then it'll have been another shameful performance on supplying kit to the fans. Lets hope this new agreement with Kitbag sorts things out once and for all.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

He said its not likely to be on stock until the end of September or early October. He said that the playing quality ones are made in the UK (for the players) but the replicas are shipped from China and could be quite some time before they are available for purchase!
I'm sure there used to be a hand smacking forehead smiley that would have summed this up. Surely anybody with any marketing sense could work out that there will be lots of fans excited at the start of the new season and that a fancy new shop selling the new merchandise might be a handy way to cash in on that enthusiasm. Unless of course the first shipment of shirts is going to the new shop (limited supply to drive up immeadiate demand) with a bigger order arriving in September time that will re-stock and provide stock for the cotton trader shops.

Ideally you'd want to have the fans sporting the same shirts as the players on the opening day of the season wouldn't you! Every tin pot football club can manage this so why can't the biggest name in English rugby? New shirt designs should have been agreed before last season ended and have been produced en masse ahead of the pre season friendlies. Maybe we should ditch cotton traders and do a deal with Nike. Actually they do the England kit so maybe not.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Seriously doubt it - after all it's not as though the current system couldn't get them out to us on time.

Pattern before last they came out in the May just before final in previous shirt; current pattern in the couple of weeks before the season started so we all had them for the grand opening of the Cat Stand.

At one stage (it was when I was involved in 2008 but I don't know if this is till true) we had problems with import textiles from China and there were EU quota limitations which made getting items like shirts problematical.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by old one eye »

If supply difficulties from China are a problem the new design should be decided the season before and supplies sorted.
When i worked in engineering, if a new product was due to be unveiled at a show or exhibition and it did not appear the person responsible would have no longer had a job. :axe:
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

As mentioned, i'd hope that the first supply of shirts will go to the club shop and then filter into CT shops after that, which would fit with the time scale mentioned by CT shop assistant.
Can't believe that the club would let the new season begin without any fans being in the same shirt as the team.
Last seasons away shirt only came out just before the season started though, so may be the new & 3rd shirts will be even later.
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
KUSADASI TIGER

Post by KUSADASI TIGER »

i stock and sell tigers shirts and stockists get the shirts about 2-3 weeks after the club start selling them.i am told my delivery date is 31st august.
be happy and save energy a smile uses less muscles than a frown
Bud
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bud »

Ed
divingrob

Post by divingrob »

Might just buy myself some tipex and put a white line on my old top.

Happy with the new top though,
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

Looks very similar to the last one (which I suppose is a good thing).

I like the idea of keeping our home shirt traditional and then having a cup shirt which is a bit more unusual.

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

It's a very nice shirt but it is more or less exactly the same as the old shirt so why change it at all?