Harry Ellis to Gloucester

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: Harry Ellis to Gloucester

Post by Bill W (2) »

westwinds31 wrote:As previously mentioned on another Ellis thread, he isn't happy, having been taken off in an Academy game earlier in the season. Reading between the lines, there was a "falling out" and this has been coming...whether it's Gloucester or another club.
Whoever it is it is going to cost them!!

:smt023 :smt023 :smt023
Still keeping the faith!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

The Shed heads all seem very happy to have him but they know as much as we do which ain't a lot to paper the wall with. they get rumours off this board and we pick the same ones up from them
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Old Hob wrote:The Shed heads all seem very happy to have him but they know as much as we do which ain't a lot to paper the wall with. they get rumours off this board and we pick the same ones up from them
I will enquire of the uncle of the mistress of the taxi drivers brother!
Still keeping the faith!
hww27
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by hww27 »

this rumours getting everywhere :smt013

It does seem very strange that he was left out the development team, hopefully that means he will be playing at the weekend in some capacity *hopeful*

However I've heard all sorts of stuff from all sorts of people...!!! and I hope he doesnt go :smt010 but if we are going to buy that French scrum half then maybe its for the best? Who knows. Its all just smoke and mirrors at the minute isnt it. :smt011 :smt009
Proud member of the Tom Youngs Fan Club :)
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I can't see anyone buying him out of his contract.
Tigers may opt to release him, but given his apparent failure to regain fitness & form - it's almost 3 years since he injured his ACL, I don't see any club paying us to release him or offering him a long term contract.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Seems strange that Glaws are taking this risk in signing a player who has hardly played since his injury. After what happened with the fiasco with Seru who signed for Glaws and then having his contract with them cancelled I am surprised that Glaws alledegly want to sign Harry when you think he has had a similar injury and may not become fully fit again.

Then again Scott Bemand overcame a career threatening injury and is playing again for Bath, after Tigers terminated his contract so I guess anything could happen.
JRB Tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by JRB Tiger »

I think this would be a big mistake by Tigers, my gut feeling says after a good summer break and proper pre-season Ellis will be right back up there challenging for the shirt. Would say I'd be gutted if he left, however I'm starting to feel a bit immune to it all, what with Moody, Vesty and co all leaving.
Chesterfield Chris
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Chesterfield Chris »

Shortly after Harry did his ACL I was discussing his situation with a surgeon, and he had the belief that Harry would not play international rugby again.

Having seen him on a few occasions since his return from injury I feel he has lost that burst of pace to break the line he had before the injury and his distribution continues to be ponderous.

If he is unhappy at the lack of game time he now gets it wouldn't surprise me if he looked elsewhere.
Kit

Post by Kit »

Cockerill says Ellis should still be with us next season.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

I remember Cockers saying exactly the same thing about Jamie Hamilton a few years back. Talking up his transfer fee?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

barson wrote:I remember Cockers saying exactly the same thing about Jamie Hamilton a few years back. Talking up his transfer fee?
Absolutely!!!

:smt023 :smt023 :smt023
Still keeping the faith!
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

Well if Harry E is going anywhere, it doesn't look like he'll be replaced by Julien Audy - he has reportedly signed for Bayonne.

BTW Scott Bemand has announced his retirement - happy farming Scotty!
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

MurphysLaw wrote:Well if Harry E is going anywhere, it doesn't look like he'll be replaced by Julien Audy - he has reportedly signed for Bayonne.

BTW Scott Bemand has announced his retirement - happy farming Scotty!
Scott's local team Luctonions have just gained promotion to national 2 so i wonder if he has any plans to link up with them
norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by norfolkexpat »

The general consensus from a very well connected figure is that Harry's knee is basically irrepairable and he will never be the same again..
Which I stated on here months ago-
He has lost that burst of speed that was his main redeeming feature and as his technique was never perfect , it is distinctly possible he will be let go