Players Contracts

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Leghorn

Players Contracts

Post by Leghorn »

As much as I like Dupuy and think he's had a great season for us, what is the value of a contract as for as the club is concerned?.

If Tigers decided after one year of a two year contract to terminate a players employement that player would expect to be payed off.

Maybe Julien should be reminded that last year a two year contract was just as atractive to him as it was to Tigers and as a proffesional sportsman he should honour his contract.,
bigted

Re: Players Contracts

Post by bigted »

it depends on what kind of deals they put in place in the contract, also i beleive stade offered 100,000 euros or something to buy him out of the contract. plus i beleive that having someone on the books who is not completly committed to the cause is a huge risk to have on the books, espcially in a crucial position. id also like to beleive that tigers are quite an understanding club and if their is a problem they would try and help to resolve the issue
martin johnson for the knighthood!
Leghorn

Post by Leghorn »

I just hope his girlfriend likes Paris for Stades sake!.

It's just a little annoying that now his "Star" has risen someone else will benefit from our "eye for a player".
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

I just wish he would show some humility and acknowledge that this situation is down to HIS mistake.

Instead of just saying continually
'I want to leave, it has been great but I want to go home',

I wish he would say,
'I appologise to Leicester Tigers for my mistake and I am asking for their generosity of spirit in releasing me from my contract.'

It won't happen of course and he has already said far too much to the media here and in France.

IF HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE HERE THEN LET HIM GO.
Always a Tiger
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

What annoys me is that he hasn't waited until the end of the season for asking to go.

Harry Ellis has been out of form yes, but despite not getting games he keeps saying he's glad to be a part of the team where it seems Dupuy can't get away fast enough.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Luke
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Luke »

Before we go too far in lambasting Dupuy for wanting to leave, can I ask if anyone else would stay in their job in a foreign country if their partner was terribly unhappy and wanted to go home?

We demand loyalty from them, but let's remember that rugby players are human and have families to think about (see Meyer 2009). Yes, he has a contract, but sometimes things happen in our private lives that are more important than our jobs.
Leghorn

Post by Leghorn »

Hundreds of foreign soccer players seem to manage playing in the U.K and honour their contracts,its not like Leicester is the other side of the world.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I am certain his girlfriend will like Paris as mentioned above, as she is French and (I believe) Parisian.

I don't believe in anyone being forced to stay if unhappy to that extent, and as for contracts being enforced - well, I have a contract of employment for a set period of time but there is a break clause in it, and I should think there would be a mutually acceptable break clause in most player contracts. It's not as if we are not being compensated.

I'd like to wish him good luck and say thank you for some great games and some great rugby moments.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Rizzo wrote:I am certain his girlfriend will like Paris as mentioned above, as she is French and (I believe) Parisian.

I don't believe in anyone being forced to stay if unhappy to that extent, and as for contracts being enforced - well, I have a contract of employment for a set period of time but there is a break clause in it, and I should think there would be a mutually acceptable break clause in most player contracts. It's not as if we are not being compensated.

I'd like to wish him good luck and say thank you for some great games and some great rugby moments.
Quite so Rizzo. And Julien has been up front about it all and shown total committment to Tigers in his play.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
TigrisLeicesteris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigrisLeicesteris »

One can't help but wonder if this has all come around because of the noises Stade were making in the first place.

But in the end Julien has given us his all, and though it may leave a sour taste in the mouth it's time for him to go, for the Tigers, and his benefit
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
Voltaire

"Morné Steyn is awaited in Paris like the Messiah or a new generation of Apple smartphone" Ze Stade Fan
Goffer3404
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goffer3404 »

Part of the reason he has developed is due to getting game time behind a formidable pack. He's going to look good and Stade have spotted that along with France. He's given his best throughout.
If she ain't happy it will eventually rub off on him.
Harry will be back to his best next season and the youngsters will be older.
I'm sure the scouts have been out and about.
Good luck to him, he gave us a good year.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Goffer3404 wrote:I'm sure the scouts have been out and about.
I have not seen Dusty for some time. And at WR he sits in front of me!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Bill W wrote:
Goffer3404 wrote:I'm sure the scouts have been out and about.
I have not seen Dusty for some time. And at WR he sits in front of me!
Had been out practising for his walk4matt trek!! Top bloke who spots talent when others shy away! :smt023
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
ashbash

Post by ashbash »

Leghorn wrote:Hundreds of foreign soccer players seem to manage playing in the U.K and honour their contracts,its not like Leicester is the other side of the world.
Yes but they get paid a hell of a lot more don't they (on the whole anyway). Money is a big spinner at the end of the day despite what a lot of people say.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Had been out practising for his walk4matt trek!! Top bloke who spots talent when others shy away!
Also develops it rather well. I can remember an interview with Haskell saying that he learnt a lot from the total agression Hambo used to bring to the England Youth Group training sessions and that Hambo put it down to a 'chat' he'd had with Dusty after a training session.

Dupuy has been great for us this season and if Stade want to buy him out of his contract so he can be happier I can't see how everyone isn't a winner. They get their player, we get a pretty weighty amount of cash and he gets to head on home.