Lions predictions and the Insect lovers in the media.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Re: Lions predictions and the Insect lovers in the media.

Post by Bill W »

jgriffin wrote:Having read Nick Cain in the Rugby Papaer, and the wallies in the Independent earlier in the week, am fighting back the vomit over their choices for English players - all Wasps except for Armitage. Why do these people persist in choosing Vickery and DClown?
And i look at the Lions managing and coaching staff, and I think ..... it's understandable, that's what they like. It just worries me that there may be a possibility of it happening. Please no. :smt011
They persist because their brains are in their backsides!

Or if you wish they got one for brains!

:smt023
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Duncan B
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Duncan B »

Mcgeechan is a big Vickery fan and Cipriani is very talented and is always going to be talked about. I trust Mcgeechan to pickplayers on form, when he was Scotland coach he and Telfer didnt pick a ridiculous amount of Scots so Im sure It'll work itself out.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

For me there will be two litmus tests.

1. Who McGeechan picks as captain. He should pick Paul O'Connell IMO but may be swayed by Gatland / Edwards to pick Jones and that would be a mistake.

2. If they select Josh Lewsey for the tour. Form over the last two seasons indicates that he should not be picked but he is a wasp. Will they be honest enough to leave him at home?
Always a Tiger
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I think the last woodward tour dirtied the Lions brand,I just hope they get it right and have a good tour,it could be the last due to lack of sponsership if they muck it up.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

I don't care who they pick as long as they go down there and do us proud in South Africa. Naturally I'd rather not see Capt Chargedown boarding the plane as it will send the already excitable media into Cipriani over drive. The Sun will be championing him for a sodding Knighthood soon.

Would hope that they have the common sense to include Ellis and Moody in the tour party. Not sure any other Tigers will get in.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

IMO I still think that England do not have any players worthy of a place on the Lions tour.

The group of players who go will consist of mainly the Welsh n ational team with a few Irish and maybe some scots thrown in to make the numbers up.
Duncan B
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Duncan B »

Not sure about there being much between the welsh and irish contingent G
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

g wrote:IMO I still think that England do not have any players worthy of a place on the Lions tour.

The group of players who go will consist of mainly the Welsh n ational team with a few Irish and maybe some scots thrown in to make the numbers up.
I think you're right g, it should be mainly made-up of welsh players. I wouldn't be surprised to see Vickery, Haskell and Worsley in the party however.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chinnjamie »

Ill be bl**dy fuming if Vickery is anywhere near that squad, he isnt even Englands best Prop, so that would just proove bias. If there any England forwards in the team, they should come from the back row IMO.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

chinnjamie wrote:Ill be bl**dy fuming if Vickery is anywhere near that squad, he isnt even Englands best Prop, so that would just proove bias. If there any England forwards in the team, they should come from the back row IMO.
Maybe McG's secret weapon is uncontested scrums.

If so Vickery could have a role to play!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Richjack2003

Post by Richjack2003 »

jgriffin wrote:Having read Nick Cain in the Rugby Papaer, and the wallies in the Independent earlier in the week, am fighting back the vomit over their choices for English players - all Wasps except for Armitage. Why do these people persist in choosing Vickery and DClown?
And i look at the Lions managing and coaching staff, and I think ..... it's understandable, that's what they like. It just worries me that there may be a possibility of it happening. Please no. :smt011
Purely out of interest, who would make your starting 15 on current form?
Crumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crumby »

Easy -

Vickery
Payne
Shaw
Haskell
Rees
Worsley
Cipriani
Waldouk
Lewsey
Sackey etc

need i go on :smt023
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Not necessarily who I'd pick, but I would guess that we have :-

Wasps already on the plane:
Vickery, Sackey

Wasps in the departure lounge:
Haskell, Worsley, Cipriani

Wasps at check-in:
Rees, Lewsey

They will be the most heavily represented English club on tour.