Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Gibbo12
Gold Member
Gold Member

Davies frustrated at Tigers

Post by Gibbo12 »

From the Mercury:
http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/l ... ticle.html

I remember reading a very similar article in the Mercury last season when he wasn't getting a look-in for a place on the teamsheet. He had a decent game last week and set up for Ayerza to run under the posts, but I think I'd prefer to see Kayser starting IMO.

With Kayser returning to France at the end of this season, and Mefin likely to be on his way too; am I right in thinking we could be a little short on hookers?

I know we've signed Jo Duffey from Nottingham, but surely someone else must be coming in. If the rumours of Tom Youngs being trialed at No.2 are correct, does anybody know how he's shaping up?
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Davies frustrated at Tigers

Post by kevf »

not seen the kayser off to france report.. when that happen?
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

Kayser is going from the reports (Stade Francais?). MD has always given it 100%.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

If Meffin wants more action at Tigers then next year could well be his year to shine as Chuter will be the only other GP experienced hooker on the books. If he gets called up to the England squad again Meffin could get a much more substancial run. Though at 36 Davies isn't getting any younger so maybe he'll hang his boots up and take his well deserved spot at the bar. Hope Youngs and Sammons get some game time as well as Duffey and the more experienced hookers as we do need to start developing replacements for further down the line. Chutes isn't going to be around forever he's well into his 30's now.
chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chinnjamie »

kevf wrote:not seen the kayser off to france report.. when that happen?
I spoke to Kayser after the Worcester game and he said he was definetely going to Stade at the end of the season. :smt023