Bravo to Scotland

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Angelo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Bravo to Scotland

Post by Angelo »

Bravo to the Scots, that measured Azzurri like tailors and did the right thing to stop them.
I'm sad, but not so much. At last i've seen Azzurri give 100% of them tonight. They must still improve, but losing the quarters because of 2 points only makes me hope for the future.
Grazie to them and to Berbizier, who will join Metro Racing soon. Good work to Nick Mallet, new Italy coach.
And good news for Tigers: Castro is on the way to Leicester... :smt003
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Frankly, I thought the Azzuri deserved to win it.

Scotland will not survive next round.
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

05:30 here, back from the game. Great atmosphere, sad result. Too many Italian mistakes.

But in every cloud... Italy is now a real contender for this type of game, you cant' write them off any longer, you can't look down on them. After all, they lost for one kick missed.

Also when you're behind, play the damn ball, don't give it back !

But the evening at Saint Etienne was enjoyable I-TA-LIA ! There was great support on both sides. And the largest Scottish flag in the stadium was brought by Amanda, a Stade's Scottish supporter who travelled to Leicester last season. Off to bed, two more games to watch today.

Hail to the Scots, particularly Lamont Sean and Rory.
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
cal
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cal »

Not too impressed with Mirco Bergamasco and his trip on Dan Parks. :smt018

I would've taken the win before the game, and I believe we deserved to win, all due credit to Italy but Scotland looked the better side on the night. Maybe for the next world cup Scotland and Wales can swap groups so that Italy can finally get through? :smt023
bigstef
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by bigstef »

I'm sad to see us exit and im still very frustrated with Pez and Troncon, both constantly made silly decisions, Troncon did have a good game butthat kick at the end, and taking the 3 points twice even though scotland had a man down for me are unforgivable decisions, few packs in the world can stop an italian maul let alone one with a second row missing! But overall im afraid it's that ancient thorn in our side disipline which let us down, proud of the overall performance though, still am not convinced we ever gave our best in any of the games though however i am yet to see a tournament where we do not improve and keep improving so the only way as usual is up for the men in blue, FORZA ITALIA E FIERI DI ESSE ITALIANO!
cal
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cal »

Anyone else think our very own Jim Hamilton had a better game than Nathan Hines yesterday? Bodes well for competition for places and the level of play we can expect over the comming season.
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

cal wrote:Not too impressed with Mirco Bergamasco and his trip on Dan Parks. :smt018

I would've taken the win before the game, and I believe we deserved to win, all due credit to Italy but Scotland looked the better side on the night. Maybe for the next world cup Scotland and Wales can swap groups so that Italy can finally get through? :smt023
If it's the action I saw, that was Mauro and that very clearly deserved a red...
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Refs not awading reds. They are leaving that to the citing officers! A disgrace!!