Trophies next season

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

Trophies next season

Post by Iain »

The fixtures are announced, our season tickets have turned up, the new season isn't far off! But which trophy represents our best chance of silverwear this season?
Last edited by Iain on Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

I am not a gloom and doom merchant (infact the opposite), but i have to say the last option, as of course everyone knows that saints are going to win everything next season (apart from possibly the heineken cup. It will be a Saints/Munster final and it will not be a disaster if munster win)!!!
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

We'll see Jess.. ;) :P Good luck to Saints, it would be nice to see them do well again. Obviously second to the Tigers though ;)

IMHO the best chance of anybody winning anything would be the Anglo-Welsh, the Mickie Mouse, or the pointless cup. Purely because, I don't think people value it as much as the others and maybe the players (I obviously can't speak for the players) would prefer to win the League or the European, so put less effort into it. Just a theory ;)
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

I agree with you Pellsey. That's why I have gone for Tigers winning the "Mickey Mouse Cup".

Jess, I am going to have disagree with you here. Saints might possibly win the Anglo-Welsh Cup as could anyone else but I don't see them winning the Premiership regular season or play-offs. That said, they may do better this year and get into the play-offs.
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

If we play to our best level saints could do very well next season. if we can cut out the early season disaster (which has happened the last two seasons) then we stand a good chance.
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

through my rose-tinted eyeglasses - I'd say Premiership most likely.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
anything_but_ordinary
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by anything_but_ordinary »

i am definatley not one of those doom n gloom people as you have put it iain, but yes silverwear would be lovely but i dont see it as the be all and end all in the tournements, i am jus glad that they get thru the play offs if the get further great but otherwise i am not fussed just happy to support them!!!
ITS ME EMILY!
JUS FANCIED A CHANGE!!!
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

Well said! :D
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

It would still be nice to win at Twickers again one day! :wink:
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

I actually think Saints will finish in the top 4 this season. They played their best rugby towards the back end of last season and they will definitely carry it into this season.

Now that Saints have gelled with Spencer they will be a force to be reckoned with.

As for Tigers? I'll tell you at the end of the season what my thoughts were.And before any of the rose tinted specs brigade say anything I am not one of the 6 doom and gloom merchants who have voted.

And as you would all prefer I will keep my opinions of Tigers chances for next season to myself. :evil:
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

g wrote:I actually think Saints will finish in the top 4 this season. They played their best rugby towards the back end of last season and they will definitely carry it into this season.

Now that Saints have gelled with Spencer they will be a force to be reckoned with.

As for Tigers? I'll tell you at the end of the season what my thoughts were.And before any of the rose tinted specs brigade say anything I am not one of the 6 doom and gloom merchants who have voted.

Share them with us noiw g!!!!

And as you would all prefer I will keep my opinions of Tigers chances for next season to myself. :evil:
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Bill

Hope you are recovering well?

As I said in my post I'll tell you at the ene of the season what my thoughts were and if they were right or wrong.

maybe see you for a match next season?
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Look forward to it g.

PM me with a match you have in mond!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

And the results are:

Which trophy do Tigers stand the most chance of winning?
Premiership
50% [ 18 ]
Heineken Cup
2% [ 1 ]
Anglo Welsh
30% [ 11 ]
I am one of those doom and gloom merchants who think we don't have a chance of winning anything this year.
16% [ 6 ]

So half of all voters feel the Premiership is our best hope. Surprisingly, only one person feels that the Heineken Cup is our best chance.
Mountsorrel Tiger
Tiger Cub

Post by Mountsorrel Tiger »

I reckon we'll finish second in the league and loose in the final against Sale (I think they have the squad to copy us and Wasps and have a few years at the top), reach the semi's in the HC and win the PC.