Tributes to Jack

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

No one is saying to forget him, far from him. I just get the impression his family would rather everything carry on as normal now.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

That's o.k. no probs!!
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ashby Rock Chick »

simon redshaw wrote:I understand that in a way Iain but the way that Jack has touched so many people's lives means that really their lives will not quite be the same again. Certainly he has brought many people closer together. I would say that's a tremendous legacy.

And to just forget Jack would certainly be very selfish on my part. I am sure others think the same. I think the pink balloons idea is very good and hope Tigers take up on that and release them when Tigers next play London Irish.
I agree Simon, it's always easy to sit back and forget after the event and of course there will still be plenty of people who did not know. This little boy has touched many lives and has brought many people together, why not carry that feeling on??? :P
You gotta fight for your right to .... PARTY!
100%rugbygirl
Super User
Super User

Post by 100%rugbygirl »

and its not like tigers can really do anything at the moment so i think the balloons are a good idea
My boyfriend or rugby?

What times kick off?
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

If thats a tribute you would like to make then of course I won't try and discourage it. There is a fair chance that Jack's family may be coming to the game (on the request of a few people on here I have contacted the club and asked for them to be invited, to which I know the club are trying to contact them to invite them), so I would suggest if you DO want to do something like that that you try and contact the Wakefields first to make sure it is what they want. My feeling is that they appear to want to go back to normality, but there's no harm in asking them if they would be happy for you to make that tribute.

I'll leave it up to you, but you really should check first I think. Its their view which is important.
100%rugbygirl
Super User
Super User

Post by 100%rugbygirl »

yeah thats a good point - we'll have to try and sort something out
My boyfriend or rugby?

What times kick off?