Tigers v Bristol (H) - Premiership - Saturday 27th April 2024 - KO: 15-00

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerReggie

Re: Tigers v Bristol (H) - Premiership - Saturday 27th April 2024 - KO: 15-00

Post by TigerReggie »

BigDan50 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:29 pm Another defeat blamed on the referee by lots of posters on here, ridiculous, the players lost the game, we as a team are plainly not good enough, please stop blaming the ref it’s becoming embarrassing.
Whilst I agree the players royally messed that lasts two minutes up and ultimately last us the game, you aren't seriously suggesting the ref had a good game?
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:23 pm 15 on the park and we win with a TBP....
I wouldn’t even say that was a given to be honest.
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:23 pmSoooo frustrating and disappointing
Massive understatement, but go with it and agree.

No leadership there at the end, up the jumper rugby called for, Deano, Johnno, Smurph would all have been on top of that…I could almost gert the rationale of kicking away if we were under the cosh in our own 22, but we weren’t - going through the scripted plays versus heads up rugby in individual circumstances is brainless, moronic and, yet again, suicidal.

Too many missed chances earlier to kill the game.

Not going to criticise the officials too much but they let Bristol away with too much backchat and Randall was often hanging off JVP at the back of scrums before the ball was out/lifted.

Good players, poor team, poor season - irrespective of RWC intervention. Scrum poor today.

Going up to Sale in a couple of weeks, arranged and paid for - I fear for how that will pan out.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

How to throw a game away. We were in control for well over an hour of that.

Mike Brown with two unnecessary yellow cards and then what did Whiteley honestly think he was doing with that final kick.

Probably lucky Dan McKellar wasn't miked up for the game as there's no way he wasn't fuming. We had Bristol on the ropes and let them off.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:23 pm 15 on the park and we win with a TBP....

Soooo frustrating and disappointing
Which could be applied to most games I have watched lately.. weren’t we down to 13 at one point in the PRC Final? Last 3 prem games we have had 7 yellow cards and 2 red cards (although one red was for 2 yellows). This is unacceptable
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

TigerReggie wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:27 pm I mean rule number one should be never give Bristol the ball in open play. Full stop. They are far too dangerous.
As are half the league - so don't so it except Newcastle , who we nearly lost to….. by kicking the ball away
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

BigDan50 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:29 pm Another defeat blamed on the referee by lots of posters on here, ridiculous, the players lost the game, we as a team are plainly not good enough, please stop blaming the ref it’s becoming embarrassing.
I agree BigDan.. it’s not Carley’s fault, we threw that away once again. I do wonder though if with his wages added on it pushes Bristol over the salary cap? :smt002
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Tigerreggie, no I don’t think the ref had a good game but I think he was bad for both sides.
To many one eyed posters on here who only notice the the oppositions transgressions, Tigers are just as bad as other teams with gamesmanship but not noticed by lots of Tigers fans.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:36 pm

Soooo frustrating and disappointing
Which could be applied to most games I have watched lately.. weren’t we down to 13 at one point in the PRC Final? Last 3 prem games we have had 7 yellow cards and 2 red cards (although one red was for 2 yellows). This is unacceptable
Agree our discipline is a shambles
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

Final time I'll mention it, but just saw the second yellow again on Twitter - not a single Bristol player appeals. None of them even flinch, they just carry on with the game. It's a bonkers decision. I don't think it's even a penalty.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Not clinical, poor discipline, lack of leadership when Montoya isn’t on the pitch. Carley has constantly shown he is not a prem ref just like the genius in the van.

The main thing is Tigers could have taken the game away from the officials and Briatol but we don’t get the job done.

Big season for DM next season, he has a full pre-season, no World Cup interruption, time to get the attack coach in place. Have to give him the benefit of the doubt at the mo.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

I mean you take the first 40 minutes against Saints and 70 minutes today and we look good, especially when it comes to shutting down other teams.

Positives I thought Kelly at 12 probably had his best game of the season. Martin too was massive and the best carrier on the pitch. Chessum too very good.

The replacements today just added nothing for me. You can blame Whiteley all you want but it was obviously the instructions he’d got. So don’t blame the player.

Hanro I thought was poor. The whole pack were poor at keeping possession which meant we couldn’t build pressure.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

baz1664 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:43 pm Not clinical, poor discipline, lack of leadership when Montoya isn’t on the pitch. Carley has constantly shown he is not a prem ref just like the genius in the van.

The main thing is Tigers could have taken the game away from the officials and Briatol but we don’t get the job done.

Big season for DM next season, he has a full pre-season, no World Cup interruption, time to get the attack coach in place. Have to give him the benefit of the doubt at the mo.
Completely agree. A clinical side would have put that game to bed. We need to put the game beyond the officials. We lost that game. Did the better team win? I actually don’t think so today. Were the officials to blame for the loss? Again I don’t think so. I think they weren’t great but we threw that one away and weren’t clinical enough early on
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

PJM wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:11 pm Why did we re sign whitely? I would love to know if anyone can come up with 1 good reason.

Why is Carley a ref at this level?

I give up on watching this dross.

I have been a Tigers supporter for 60 years but this year may well be my last :smt013
Some on here think he is brilliant and he is demonstrably not
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

sapajo wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:52 pm
PJM wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:11 pm Why did we re sign whitely? I would love to know if anyone can come up with 1 good reason.

Why is Carley a ref at this level?

I give up on watching this dross.

I have been a Tigers supporter for 60 years but this year may well be my last :smt013
Some on here think he is brilliant and he is demonstrably not
Who? Carley or Whiteley? Or both? :smt005
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

How the hell did they lose that? I was only following the score and thought it should’ve been sewn up , then when I next saw it was 19-14 I wasn’t surprised that Bristol nicked it. Supporters in the ground must’ve been really annoyed ( there’s another way of saying it but would’ve been censored!) and those on this forum are understandably airing their views. Grrrrr!
Semper in excretia