Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Re: Race for the top 4.

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:00 am Top 8 qualify for Champions Cup
Glos have home fixtures against Exeter and Newcastle and an away trip to Saints remaining. Can’t see them getting much against Saints and Exeter. So on that basis we should remain in the top 8 regardless of our results. Glos also have the SF of the Challenge Cup that they will be focusing on.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/premrugby/status/17 ... nCS7A&s=19

After winning last weekend, Bristols odds of reaching the top 4 have dropped from 47% to 42%

Quins after taking a loss have risen from 39% to 45%.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Yellow for Itoje ! Same as Kata last week ! Ridiculous
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Some very odd decisions by the ref tonight. Double movements, sealing off and off feet seem to not be offences tonight. Relatively even for each side. I do not think the angles showed the same head impact for the yellow as for last week’s red.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Saracens win by 3
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

For all Bath's plaudits this season, they really need us and Saints to do them a favour tomorrow or they could very easily not even make the playoffs.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Tiglon wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:42 pm For all Bath's plaudits this season, they really need us and Saints to do them a favour tomorrow or they could very easily not even make the playoffs.
Top 4 is likely in the 53-57 points range. That means if they beat Newcastle they are just about there. Plus they have Northampton last week of the season where they may rotate if they have a home semifinal tied up.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:00 am
Tiglon wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:42 pm For all Bath's plaudits this season, they really need us and Saints to do them a favour tomorrow or they could very easily not even make the playoffs.
Top 4 is likely in the 53-57 points range. That means if they beat Newcastle they are just about there. Plus they have Northampton last week of the season where they may rotate if they have a home semifinal tied up.
But if Saints don't do them a favour today, it's very likely that Saints won't have the home semi tied up.

If we don't do them a favour today, Quins and Sale could realistically both win their last 3 matches, Bristol could very easily win 2 of their last 3 as well and then it's very much around 56/57 for top 4 and Bath may need more than just a win at Newcastle.

Still so many possibilities, I think it will be a bit clearer after today!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:38 am
But if Saints don't do them a favour today, it's very likely that Saints won't have the home semi tied up.

If we don't do them a favour today, Quins and Sale could realistically both win their last 3 matches, Bristol could very easily win 2 of their last 3 as well and then it's very much around 56/57 for top 4 and Bath may need more than just a win at Newcastle.

True if Us and Saints both win today then we are 100% back in the top 4 race too...
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:47 am

True if Us and Saints both win today then we are 100% back in the top 4 race too...
Probably the most interesting season finish for a long time, although I'd struggle to imagine us making top 4 now. Still hope though...
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:50 am

Probably the most interesting season finish for a long time, although I'd struggle to imagine us making top 4 now. Still hope though...
If Saints and us win (5-0) today (or we get 5 and Bristol and Quins get 0). Our route to the top 4 is as follows:

Us get 5 points vs Sale & Exeter

One of either Sarries OR Quins beat Bristol in the last two games.

Edit: I can't see us getting 15 points, but if we do the lowest we can finish is 5th
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:55 am

If Saints and us win (5-0) today (or we get 5 and Bristol and Quins get 0). Our route to the top 4 is as follows:

Edit: I can't see us getting 15 points, but if we do the lowest we can finish is 5th
Sale away is the sticking point for me. Last time we won there in the league was 2018, and we haven't even come close since.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:06 am
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:55 am

Sale away is the sticking point for me. Last time we won there in the league was 2018, and we haven't even come close since.
100% agree but if both results go our way today, whilst not in our hands it only needs other results to go as expected for us to make it. Needs us to show form we've not showed this year though
PJM
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by PJM »

The race is over for Tigers and has been since the game restarted after the RWC.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:35 am 100% agree but if both results go our way today, whilst not in our hands it only needs other results to go as expected for us to make it. Needs us to show form we've not showed this year though
We showed some better form but then, shamefully, we reverted to type and chucked a huge double dose of ’normal’ form in to snatch a demoralising defeat from the jaws of what would have been a welcome, if slightly unanticipated, victory.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.