Autumn Series 2024

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Autumn Series 2024

Post by Old Hob »

TNT are showing all the Autumn internationals and all 93 Premiership games next season.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Autumn Series 2024

Post by GB72 »

Old Hob wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:36 pm TNT are showing all the Autumn internationals and all 93 Premiership games next season.
Starts making it look like a viable option with some reasonable value for rugby fans there.
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

I find there coverage and the quality of streaming and casting worse than BT sports. Some of the same presenters but with poorer direction and more bias to Leinster and London teams. A really poor platform technically. Their help is all about your internet speed not their technical quality!
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I do think Sky’s coverage was better than BT/TNT.

Amazon’s coverage of the AIs was truly dire so that’s no loss.

As a Virgin customer I find the restricted option that TNT give is poor. Red button options mess up being able to record matches they otherwise show on their 5th channel for Sky & Discovery + customers
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Those that think Skys coverage was better must have forgotten about the tag team that was Harrison and Barnes.

All a matter of opinion for me TNT is streets ahead of Sky
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

mol2 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:49 am I do think Sky’s coverage was better than BT/TNT.

Amazon’s coverage of the AIs was truly dire so that’s no loss.

As a Virgin customer I find the restricted option that TNT give is poor. Red button options mess up being able to record matches they otherwise show on their 5th channel for Sky & Discovery + customers
If you sign up for TNT sports, can you not watch every match on the Discovery+ app on your TV? No need to record anything as all games are available to replay.

No red button required.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

My memory of the Sky coverage of the Premiership and Europe was that each game was squeezed into the smallest time slot that they could (often so that they could devote the maximum time possible to the great God football) and that more time was spent on "coming up on Sky Sports" than on analysis by pundits and interviews with players or coaches (not that you usually even got any post-match interviews). I felt that it was so poor and "expensive" (I wasn't interested in any of the other sports that they broadcast) that I stopped subscribing. The initial BT coverage of games and Rugby Tonight blew the Sky offerings out of the water. While the replacements for Rugby Tonight have been poor, the match coverage is still far superior in amount and general content (ignoring individual dislike of pundits such as Dayglo 😉).
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

For me Dayglo is much better in the studio than pitch side as a pundit

I like his quiz show The Bridge, too
albany
Tiger Cub

Post by albany »

I enjoy Dayglo as a pundit. He’s the Saruman to Jonny W’s Bilbo Baggins. I would prefer to not see him pop up in a towel anymore though.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

albany wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:14 pm I enjoy Dayglo as a pundit. He’s the Saruman to Jonny W’s Bilbo Baggins. I would prefer to not see him pop up in a towel anymore though.
Once seen never unseen :smt044 :smt044