Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Black Lions fixture

Post by Rugbygramps »

Now confirmed for Friday May 3rd 7.30 pm kick off against a Tigers XV
I’m assuming this is the European semi final weekend and falls between the Bristol and Sale games
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Black Lions fixture

Post by daktari »

on the season ticket as well, I think
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

daktari wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:00 am on the season ticket as well, I think
That would make a lot of sense. Friday of a bank holiday weekend could get a decent crowd in
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Will be good to see Cockers back in town
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

I hope we take this relatively seriously. No need to risk the key players, or anyone with a high workload, but a game vs a roughly 2nd choice side would be really competitive.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

westwinds31 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:33 am Will be good to see Cockers back in town
Will be interesting to see how he is received. I’m not convinced he’s as popular in these parts as some would have you believe
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Darc Tiger wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:45 am I hope we take this relatively seriously. No need to risk the key players, or anyone with a high workload, but a game vs a roughly 2nd choice side would be really competitive.
The Scarlets found them competitive that's for certain.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

Darc Tiger wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:45 am I hope we take this relatively seriously. No need to risk the key players, or anyone with a high workload, but a game vs a roughly 2nd choice side would be really competitive.
Totally agree, we haven't really done this this season but I'm always in favour of a mixed side in a Prem Cup or Friendly. You learn SO much more from 5 or 6 young players when in a team of senior pros than putting out a total youthful XV.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:48 am
westwinds31 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:33 am Will be good to see Cockers back in town
Will be interesting to see how he is received. I’m not convinced he’s as popular in these parts as some would have you believe
To me he'll always be the legend I saw running down the right wing in slow motion against West Hartlepool! Great player, great manager. Tigers Legend. Fair enough it ended badly, but theres too much good to be mared by the end. IMO.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

ads wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:58 pm
To me he'll always be the legend I saw running down the right wing in slow motion against West Hartlepool! Great player, great manager. Tigers Legend. Fair enough it ended badly, but theres too much good to be mared by the end. IMO.
He is Tigers rock cut him in half and Tigers runs through him, called a spade a spade and did not indulge in all the tiresome spin and squad secrecy. That is what did for him as well as the players who its whispered shafted him.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

sapajo wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:00 pm
ads wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:58 pm

He is Tigers rock cut him in half and Tigers runs through him, called a spade a spade and did not indulge in all the tiresome spin and squad secrecy. That is what did for him as well as the players who its whispered shafted him.
His man management style was similar to that, allegedly, of Christian Horner at Red Bull. This was all around the time that employees were becoming more aware of their rights in the workplace, and bullying was no longer acceptable.
It was more his failure to adapt that did for him.
Achieved a lot as a player and a coach for Tigers
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Don’t tell John the Griff cockers is not popular otherwise he’ll rip you a new one. 😂
A2O
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

ay2oh wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:34 pm Don’t tell John the Griff cockers is not popular otherwise he’ll rip you a new one. 😂
Like many he splits opinion especially towards the end of his tenure.
His record is there for all to see
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

The we will sort it out @ Oval Park & Manu will be fit next week became rather boring in the end.

When he became the genuine top of the coaching tree he couldn't/wouldn’t see past the next game.

The above doesn't or shouldn't cloud his achievements as a player & coach, much like we should all split GM the player from GM the coach (although the academy renaissance was on his watch).
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Hard not to have a lot of love for Cockers, as a Tigers fan. He wasn't/isn't perfect, but neither am I so I'll focus on his positives and achievements, of which there were many.

A Tigers great.