Tigers v Newcastle (A) - Premiership - Friday 29th March 2024 - KO: 19-45

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

happywomble

Re: Tigers v Newcastle (A) - Premiership - Friday 29th March 2024 - KO: 19-45

Post by happywomble »

Humbugs. Sir in the middle is Mr Dickson. https://www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk/karl ... days-game/
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

happywomble wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:46 am Humbugs. Sir in the middle is Mr Dickson. https://www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk/karl ... days-game/
Well it's an upgrade on Carley.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Really don’t get the down on Dickson he is becoming an excellent official and is very decisive
AViewFromLe2

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:22 am Really don’t get the down on Dickson he is becoming an excellent official and is very decisive
Agreed. Probably one of the most improved officials in the last 2 years. He has very strong communication skills with the players and the TMO, and being an ex-player has a lot better understanding of what is or is not a rugby incident. He also rewards dominance, so if we can get on top early on Friday, we will be rewarded for it.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

happywomble wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:46 am Humbugs. Sir in the middle is Mr Dickson. https://www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk/karl ... days-game/
This is great news. I think he's great. Agree with the other comments above about him being much improved. No complaints from me about him. He has always been a decent official for Tigers games.

It's easy to point a finger at the officials and I am certainly guilty of this but all I ask for is a consistent level playing field. Pinging one side for infringements 5m out with yellow cards then allowing the opposition to sack a maul a few metres out and just award a penalty is not on. Equally pinging one side for being ahead of the kicker at the restart then ignoring the opposition doing it next (and every) restart is frustrating. People make mistakes and this is understandable just please, be consistent and fair.

I don't mind calling ahead of the kicker at the restart, not straight line outs etc etc if it's fair and consistent.. our performance last few weeks has not been good enough and we lost the last 2 games ourselves; however, the officiating has left me very frustrated also.

I expect a better game from the middle on Fri that's for sure. Dickson is a country mile ahead of Makepeace and Carley for my money.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

why are we playing on Friday night 3 weeks in a sodding row?
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:18 pm why are we playing on Friday night 3 weeks in a sodding row?
Is that reciprocal question?
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:18 pm why are we playing on Friday night 3 weeks in a sodding row?
I know.. taking the pee!
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Well one was in a separate competition to avoid the 6 nations super Saturday and to give each team 7 days recovery.
Then last Friday and this Friday are home and away games driven by tv schedules.

Like it or not with TNT agreeing to cover all games 3pm Saturday kick offs are going to become less
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:01 pm Well one was in a separate competition to avoid the 6 nations super Saturday and to give each team 7 days recovery.
Then last Friday and this Friday are home and away games driven by tv schedules.

Like it or not with TNT agreeing to cover all games 3pm Saturday kick offs are going to become less
that's all well and good but they shouldn't be picking the same side 3 weeks in a row for the Friday night slot
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

No complaints from me,Dickson is much improved. Very good ref these days,and no,my account hasn’t been hacked :smt005
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:05 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:01 pm Well one was in a separate competition to avoid the 6 nations super Saturday and to give each team 7 days recovery.

that's all well and good but they shouldn't be picking the same side 3 weeks in a row for the Friday night slot
With 10 sides and 2 different competitions involved options are limited Gloucester had it twice too.

As a matter of interest what’s your issue with Friday night kick offs
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

because we're a bit :censored:
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

loretta wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:17 pm
because we're a bit :censored:
:smt005
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:11 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:05 pm

With 10 sides and 2 different competitions involved options are limited Gloucester had it twice too.

As a matter of interest what’s your issue with Friday night kick offs
2 competitions excuse doesn't wash when the same TV company is showing both also the Final could easily have been played on the Sunday and not clashed with the 6 nations final day.

Issue is simple less people can go due to having to finish work so putting the same side in that slot 3 weeks running is just not fair