Tigers v Newcastle (A) - Premiership - Friday 29th March 2024 - KO: 19-45

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Newcastle (A) - Premiership - Friday 29th March 2024 - KO: 19-45

Post by Rugbygramps »

If you looked properly you would see that both finalists requested the Friday night kick off given that they were playing each other 7 days later, so proper recovery, nothing to do with TV.
So the reason for the final is valid then the other 2 games are at different venues so would affect different teams. Don’t think many Tigers fans will be travelling up to Newcastle and those that do are likely to be less concerned about working hours
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

its not a Tigers specific point its a general point no club should be picked for Friday night 3 weeks in a row.

we had something similar with Leicester City last season we played 4 home games in a row on the Monday night and it made a difference to both the crowd and the players, everything was flatter and more tense whilst our rivals got to play in more normal spots with better atmospheres and players in their regular patterns (when they sleep, eat etc.) it all makes a difference on performance
Last edited by Jimmy Skitz on Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

If you say so
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/diamond- ... -activity/

I see Mr Diamond is trying to suggest things to the referee already... If you can't coach a team to defend the rolling maul, why not just get the ref to ping them on it...

At least we know what's worrying him atm...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:36 pm https://www.rugbypass.com/news/diamond- ... -activity/

I see Mr Diamond is trying to suggest things to the referee already... If you can't coach a team to defend the rolling maul, why not just get the ref to ping them on it...

he knows he's out gunned with the way Newcastle operate, can't blame him for trying to help his side in anyway
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:38 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:36 pm https://www.rugbypass.com/news/diamond- ... -activity/

he knows he's out gunned with the way Newcastle operate, can't blame him for trying to help his side in anyway
Nothing against it. Typical Steve Diamond lol
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

other clubs should take advantage of this with Newcastle, loan them a young player that's just about ready for Prem rugby that you are already stacked in depth wise, could do wonders for someone like Lewis Chessum if we signed a couple of locks for example.

though with the cap that may complicate things
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

Classic old school director of rugby. Trying to put pressure on the ref to make the decisions he wants.
AViewFromLe2

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

Interesting thing playing about Friday - given we are in the run in, we can use it to our advantage and put pressure on the teams around us by winning. We have to win of course, but listening to Gary Neville's podcast Stick to Football, all the panel spoke about wanting to play early in the run in and get ahead of your opposition.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Stephen18 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:47 pm

Classic old school director of rugby. Trying to put pressure on the ref to make the decisions he wants.
Karl Dickson as a ref doesn't offer much reward to the rolling maul so Diamond will probably get his wish.
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

sam16111986 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:33 am
Stephen18 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:47 pm

Karl Dickson as a ref doesn't offer much reward to the rolling maul so Diamond will probably get his wish.
To be fair I thought one of our tries came with Cole and Wells blocking when you saw it on the replay but if you get away with it then so be it.

I imagine the TMO will keep an eye on it even if KD misses it given the spotlight they’ve had this week
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

This match is not on live TNT on Friday night so I've been on PRTV and the only match I can buy a pass for is Glaws v Bears. No mention of our match. What's going on? :smt018
Give blood, play rugby!!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

wardy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:55 am This match is not on live TNT on Friday night so I've been on PRTV and the only match I can buy a pass for is Glaws v Bears. No mention of our match. What's going on? :smt018
It is on TNT just not the main game. It may involve pressing the red button
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

Ah, OK many thanks for that Rg. Let's hope you're right.
Give blood, play rugby!!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

wardy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:05 am Ah, OK many thanks for that Rg. Let's hope you're right.
TNT are definitely advertising that they are showing the game