Possible Black Lion's (Georgia) game

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Possible Black Lion's (Georgia) game

Post by trendylfj »

I have held the view that any sporting group of teams benefits from the ability to get promoted or relegated. Saw this report about a possible Georgia v Wales double-header. Near the end is this piece of info regarding a possible Tigers v Black Lions game next year. Would love to see that become a reality.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby ... eader.html

"Mail Sport understands that talks are underway for Black Lion to tour the United Kingdom in April and play against a series of different sides with Leicester Tigers an early favourite."
Hehehehehehehehe
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Possible Black Lion's (Georgia) game

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

trendylfj wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:35 am I have held the view that any sporting group of teams benefits from the ability to get promoted or relegated. Saw this report about a possible Georgia v Wales double-header. Near the end is this piece of info regarding a possible Tigers v Black Lions game next year. Would love to see that become a reality.

"Mail Sport understands that talks are underway for Black Lion to tour the United Kingdom in April and play against a series of different sides with Leicester Tigers an early favourite."
In her interview with the rolling maul pod Andrea spoke about the art of getting friendlies that fill the calendar, generate money that aren't too expensive... I think this ticks the boxes tbh...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:44 am
trendylfj wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:35 am I have held the view that any sporting group of teams benefits from the ability to get promoted or relegated. Saw this report about a possible Georgia v Wales double-header. Near the end is this piece of info regarding a possible Tigers v Black Lions game next year. Would love to see that become a reality.

In her interview with the rolling maul pod Andrea spoke about the art of getting friendlies that fill the calendar, generate money that aren't too expensive... I think this ticks the boxes tbh...
Does for me :smt023. It would be great to see the younger up-and-coming Tigers stretch their legs against sides like this and the experience the opposition would get can only be good for the game as a whole.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Is Cockers Black Lions boss as well, or just Georgia?
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

ads wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:06 pm Is Cockers Black Lions boss as well, or just Georgia?
I think he was both but I could be wrong.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

ads wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:06 pm Is Cockers Black Lions boss as well, or just Georgia?
Yeah, it's essentially a double job, as there's so much crossover.

Would be a nice way to have Cockers back in town. They're a decent side, and would give our 2nds a hard match.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

They won at least one challenge cup game