LEICESTER TIGERS 2023/24 - KANGAROO MCKELLER: Do you come from a land down under? (Squad thread pt 2)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2023/24 - KANGAROO MCKELLER: Do you come from a land down under? (Squad thread pt 2)

Post by kpj tiger »

Perese shows a little of what he can do on the highlights from today's game vs the Rebels

https://youtu.be/RJJDTucQYDo?si=HdMX60uyhF_NKT19&t=87
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2023/24 - KANGAROO MCKELLER: Do you come from a land down under? (Squad thread pt 2)

Post by RagingBull »

I feel we have seen the importance of lock and back row depth
Esp with a lot of the starters being Internationals
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I hope Kelly returns to form.
Kata is great but his impact off the bench is missed.

Perese starting at 13 and then Kata off the bench would be so good
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Shillcock is a 15, by the way. Maybe we should let Kieran Wilkinson have a crack at the Polly understudy.
Granby
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Granby »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:08 pm I hope Kelly returns to form.

I reckon Kelly will be off at the first opportunity- he’s gone from fringe England 12 to out of form out of the reckoning 13. Next season he’ll be out of the team. Someone offers the chance to play 12 every week and he’ll be gone asap.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Could try Steward in the centres to make room for Shillcock as the additional playmaker and kicker at 15...?
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Darc Tiger wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:46 pm Shillcock is a 15, by the way. Maybe we should let Kieran Wilkinson have a crack at the Polly understudy.
That's why I never liked us letting Atkinson go, we need a proper 10 as cover
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

ABClub wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:26 am

Could try Steward in the centres to make room for Shillcock as the additional playmaker and kicker at 15...?
Hope you've got your tin hat ready...
cheltexile

Post by cheltexile »

Granby wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:17 pm

I reckon Kelly will be off at the first opportunity- he’s gone from fringe England 12 to out of form out of the reckoning 13. Next season he’ll be out of the team. Someone offers the chance to play 12 every week and he’ll be gone asap.
He'll be lucky to find a suitor on current form, he's in freefall. No idea whats going on there, such a shame to see.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Granby wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:17 pm

Think it depends what happens next season.

Most teams have two premiership standard 12.

If he finds form and gets regular gametime at 12, hopefully he’ll stay. If it’s another season like this one, can see him going to Sale.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

With Kelly I think people are writing him off too soon...

For me I think our starting 12/13 next season will probably be Kelly & Perese with Kata changing games against tired shoulders...

Kelly had a tough start to the season, since then he's been slowly rediscovering some form, till last week against Gloucester where he looked poor...

It's when you see it confirmed he's been given this week off, not because he'd been dropped but rather that he played 80min last week with a bug - I expect had Kata not got injured that Cokanasiga would have replaced Kelly rather than Kata.

I think we'll see how he is towards the end of the season, but IMO he has a greater ceiling than Kata in terms of capability so I want to see him back in the mix.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/TightFive_Rugby/sta ... o5JNw&s=19

Out of Contract Cokanasiga being linked with Ospreys...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Also here " Phil Cokanasiga will leave Leicester Tigers at the end of the season and will make the switch to the United Rugby Championship after crossing the Seven Bridge to move to Toby Booth’s Ospreys."
Hehehehehehehehe
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Koroiyadi, Cusick and Edwards are off I’m hearing, along with Dolly.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

I’d rather keep Kelly over Cokanasiga. There was always the rumour about us bringing in another centre. Guess it depends on Guy Porter because I doubt we need more than four centres.