Tigers v Gloucester - Premiership Cup Final - Friday 15th March 2024 - KO:7-45pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Gloucester - Premiership Cup Final - Friday 15th March 2024 - KO:7-45pm

Post by sapajo »

CogGom wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:25 pm Thanks Hovis, for suggestion - I booked in Gloucester yesterday and thought prices were high just for being Gloucester - then had a call this morning asking had I booked for the races - First I’d heard, when I said I was there for the rugby, the reply was why ever did they book it for that weekend - says it all about organisation & TV power. Still it beats the week before when I’m in Cardiff for 6 nations and one night stay in Cardiff hotel is 1k - stopping in Newport where its 75% cheaper for 2 nights - rip off Britain
1k?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Gloucester - Premiership Cup Final - Friday 15th March 2024 - KO:7-45pm

Post by johnthegriff »

There is a link on Tigers website ( News) to Tickets allocated to Tigers supporters.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

johnthegriff wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:51 pm There is a link on Tigers website ( News) to Tickets allocated to Tigers supporters.

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/pr ... ed-tickets
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
hovis

Post by hovis »

CogGom wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:25 pm Thanks Hovis, for suggestion - I booked in Gloucester yesterday and thought prices were high just for being Gloucester - then had a call this morning asking had I booked for the races - First I’d heard, when I said I was there for the rugby, the reply was why ever did they book it for that weekend - says it all about organisation & TV power. Still it beats the week before when I’m in Cardiff for 6 nations and one night stay in Cardiff hotel is 1k - stopping in Newport where its 75% cheaper for 2 nights - rip off Britain
If the game was to be Saturday it would clash with Six Nations super Saturday and Sunday would only give the teams 5 days before we meet again at WR.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

hovis wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:42 am
If the game was to be Saturday it would clash with Six Nations super Saturday and Sunday would only give the teams 5 days before we meet again at WR.
It’s a good point and I’m glad that the clubs made the sensible decision to play on the Friday, I appreciate not the best day for spectators. Interesting that if Ealing had won the final would have been staged on the Sunday
shanghaitiger
Tiger Cub

Post by shanghaitiger »

Curious as to people’s views on our chances of winning the cup next weekend. For me, the front row/ scrum time is a concern - and whether the number of first choice players out for us v them tips the balance. Really hope Pollard plays. :smt041
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

They are missing a few as well, but I agree about props hopefully Hurd is fit as I can’t see England releasing Heyes. Back row will be key too as their first choice will be available.
Depending on fitness I would go

Brown
Bassett
Scott
Kelly
OHC
Shilcock
Whitely
Whitcombe
Clare
Hurd
Wells
Carter
Liebenberg
Cracknell
Hatherall

Bench - FTT, Cronin, Richardson, Rogerson, Ilione, Edwards, Pollard, Cocanasinga
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Will be flying the flag in the Stowford Press stand.
AViewFromLe2

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:27 am They are missing a few as well, but I agree about props hopefully Hurd is fit as I can’t see England releasing Heyes. Back row will be key too as their first choice will be available.

Brown
Bassett
Scott
Kelly
OHC
Shilcock
Whitely
Whitcombe
Clare
Hurd
Wells
Carter
Liebenberg
Cracknell
Hatherall

Bench - FTT, Cronin, Richardson, Rogerson, Ilione, Edwards, Pollard, Cocanasinga
Not far off the team i had in mind. I think i would have Pollard starting, mainly for cohesion purposes for the league game a week later, just to have time together on the pitch again.

I do wonder if Carter will be on the bench and they have Hatherall at lock again like they have done for the last two games? That may mean a slight rejig if they go down that way. I think i may go Vanes over FTT but i'm not going to fight over it. Dolly may even be back available for the bench slot too.

Sadly i think Cronin will start over Whitcombe, but i would start Jimmy W personally like you have. Key thing for me is at TH. We do need at least one of Hurd and Heyes to be playing for me, otherwise i think we will really struggle at scrumtime. The club are pretty keen for Heyes to come back but I'm not sure that will happen, so hopefully Hurd has now recovered to play.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

It would be great to see Heyes in the side, imo I would be surprised if Borthwick released him as there only 3 tight heads in the squad, and assume they will be travelling to Lyon Friday morning
Knightonian

Post by Knightonian »

Is it on TV?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Knightonian wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:06 am Is it on TV?
TNT sports
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
GETHIN EXILE

Post by GETHIN EXILE »

AViewFromLe2 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:59 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:27 am They are missing a few as well, but I agree about props hopefully Hurd is fit as I can’t see England releasing Heyes. Back row will be key too as their first choice will be available.

Brown
Bassett
Scott
Kelly
OHC
Shilcock
Whitely
Whitcombe
Clare
Hurd
Wells
Carter
Liebenberg
Cracknell
Hatherall

Not far off the team i had in mind. I think i would have Pollard starting, mainly for cohesion purposes for the league game a week later, just to have time together on the pitch again.

I do wonder if Carter will be on the bench and they have Hatherall at lock again like they have done for the last two games? That may mean a slight rejig if they go down that way. I think i may go Vanes over FTT but i'm not going to fight over it. Dolly may even be back available for the bench slot too.

Sadly i think Cronin will start over Whitcombe, but i would start Jimmy W personally like you have. Key thing for me is at TH. We do need at least one of Hurd and Heyes to be playing for me, otherwise i think we will really struggle at scrumtime. The club are pretty keen for Heyes to come back but I'm not sure that will happen, so hopefully Hurd has now recovered to play.
I would prefer Hoyt to Richardson on the bench he seemed to steady the scrum when he came on last time out
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

I just can’t wait to see us back in action
Hope Hurd is fit
Retiredseven
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Retiredseven »

Bath put nine tries past Gloucester on Friday in their 'Friendly'.

Hopefully we can do a similar job this week :smt001