Tigers v Gloucester - Premiership Cup Final - Friday 15th March 2024 - KO:7-45pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Gloucester - Premiership Cup Final - Friday 15th March 2024 - KO:7-45pm

Post by fortysix »

That was quite the worst most useless Tigers performance since Murphy. Absolutely shocking lack of passion in attack, until the idiots finally realised not to kick the ball, Then, for 10 minutes, they were all over Gloucester. Please tell that No 9 his kicking is ABYSMAL,
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Gloucester - Premiership Cup Final - Friday 15th March 2024 - KO:7-45pm

Post by ay2oh »

Bouncyben wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:36 pm
Qbec wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:31 pm I will ask if any of you are Tigers supporters at all because you just seem to want bad mouth the club at any opportunity.
This game was gone when we had 2 yellow cards.
I look forward to next Friday for some payback

100% this :smt023
+1
A2O
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

Qbec wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:31 pm I will ask if any of you are Tigers supporters at all because you just seem to want bad mouth the club at any opportunity.

I’ve supported tigers for nearly 40 years. I will always back the coach and club if possible and I usually positive- check my posts if you want to- but tonight was abject.

We don’t have a long injury list. They had a good team on paper and have had weeks to prepare. Errors were self inflicted. We were not playing a very good team.
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Completely Agree.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

ay2oh wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:38 pm

+1
-30000 :smt003
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

I’m actually in disbelief.

I’d say whilst we should’ve got more points on the board, first half was a good performance.

Then we just completely fell apart. Yellow cards or not what happened? Shall I ask Ashworth for a parliamentary inquiry?
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

We looked so much better when Ilione came on and we had an actual openside to link and support the attack. Allowed us to play wider as we had a backrow mobile enough to keep up without sacrificing Liebenburg.

McKellar needs to learn that we need an openside on the field and this dual blindside thing needs to stop.
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

Poor performance all round. But the few positives thought cokanasiga look a threat ball in hand and the most like to spark something. (Pollard needs a ball carrying 12.) ilione looked a threat over the ball.( have to have a jackaling 7) shillcock looked a safe set of hands and strong has to be given a run of games at some point, difficult with steward coming back but feel he needs to be to be backed as 2nd choice 10 & 15.
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Don’t worry. The grown ups are back next week (Including the grown up refs).
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

Tigers86asw wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:37 pm The likes of Ilione and Cokanasiga have to play next week.

We played more rugby in ten minutes than in the whole match.

What on earth was going on beforehand?

Steward for Brown is another must. As for Carter in the second row I don’t know what he is offering.
I’d love to see a midfield of Pollard, Cokanasiga and Kata at 13. The space Phil creates at 12 would be class with Kata running off his shoulder!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Next weekend is the perfect chance for revenge...

Bring on Wiese, Montoya, Kata, Youngs, looking forward to it!
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
nicmattyg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by nicmattyg »

My goodness that was a terrible Glos side who we should have put away comfortably.

Zero interest in playing any rugby. The back row full of clone type players, non excelling beyond the very average.

As a tigers fan, that was absolutely terrible and anyone thinking otherwise is deluded I’m afraid.

Serious questions to be asked of Mckellar right now
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Evening all.. well.. I’m speechless! I honestly can’t believe what I have just watched.. unbelievable.. We deserved to win that, no doubt about it. I’ve never seen 2 penalties get yellow cards like that without even a warning.. then the maul gets brought down 2m out at the other end and it is just a penalty.. awful.. finally found his yellow for Glos when it was all too late.. shame Tom didn’t get over the whitewash early doors as that would have made it a 10-0 game and perhaps we would have hung on.. oh well..

cagey game understandably early on with lots of kicking and we kept a dangerous Glos side almost scoreless for the entire half. Plus we silenced the annoying drone from the shed. Go in 6-0 at HT and it’s all to play for. Unfortunately the cherry and white robber in the middle had other ideas! Armed with a whistle and a one-sided yellow card he set about ruining a perfectly good game of rugby. Granted it wasn’t a spectacle to watch but 2 sides feeling each other out in a cagey final. Funny old thing 15 vs 13 and it’s game over.

We would have won that with Mr Barnes in the middle. Shame.. I have no doubt we will smash them at MWWR next week with a decent officiating team. I don’t like blaming the officials but I honestly can’t believe what I have just witnessed.

Not our finest performance granted but 2 yellows decided that game. We should have played more rugby for sure but the game was in the balance until the double sin bin.. hard to recover from that
Last edited by OakhamTiger32 on Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Yorkietiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Yorkietiger »

Pretty good in defence for 38 minutes in first half but that is about it. After that abject rubbish, hopeless indiscipline, yellow cards, down to thirteen. Offered nothing in attack for 70 minutes, finally woke up for last 10 mins, but if DM thinks that is enough he is sadly mistaken.

I have renewed my season ticket at the inflated level for next season, but unless I see some significant ambition and improvement it will be going for 25/26. I am not paying top dollar to watch dross like we served up tonight.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Yorkietiger wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:00 pm Pretty good in defence for 38 minutes in first half but that is about it. After that abject rubbish, hopeless indiscipline, yellow cards, down to thirteen. Offered nothing in attack for 70 minutes, finally woke up for last 10 mins, but if DM thinks that is enough he is sadly mistaken.

I have renewed my season ticket at the inflated level for next season, but unless I see some significant ambition and improvement it will be going for 25/26. I am not paying top dollar to watch dross like we served up tonight.

Agreed I echo what you say about season tickets. I remember Tigers used to have fliers around the stadium boasting "the home of world class rugby" well that's a sick joke right now
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity