Tigers v Gloucester - Premiership Cup Final - Friday 15th March 2024 - KO:7-45pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

CogGom
Tiger Cub

Tigers v Gloucester - Premiership Cup Final - Friday 15th March 2024 - KO:7-45pm

Post by CogGom »

According to Gloucester face book page, tickets on sale from next week -

𝗣𝗥𝗘𝗠 𝗥𝗨𝗚𝗕𝗬 𝗖𝗨𝗣 𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗔𝗟 🏆
Tickets for the #PremRugbyCup final will go on general sale on 28 Feb -

Prices listed on their website, looks like club members get access from Monday
shanghaitiger
Tiger Cub

Re: Tigers v Gloucester - Premiership Cup Final - Friday 15th March 2024 - KO:7-45pm

Post by shanghaitiger »

Hi all,

Gloucester have now released their ticketing information. Does anyone in the club know if Tigers will receive an allocation or will we need to buy through Gloucester? :smt001 Thank you
Jacko27

Re: Tigers v Gloucester - Premiership Cup Final - Friday 15th March 2024 - KO:7-45pm

Post by Jacko27 »

Of course as a fan I'm delighted that we have reached the final and hope that we can add another piece of silverware to our trophy cabinet but I ask the question (and I only ask as I genuinely don't know the answer) is there any FINANCIAL advantage to the club in reaching the final? Both the semi and final are away games for us and so incur fairly hefty travel costs. I suppose the three questions I'm asking are whether - at the knock out stages - gate receipts are divided between home & away clubs, whether TNT broadcasting fees are divided equally among all the participating clubs or are they graduated in favour of the clubs who reach the later knock out stages and whether there is any prize money available for winners/runner up/semifinalists. It would be interesting to know the answers to some of those questions particularly as the financial viability of club rugby is a pretty hot topic at the moment. I'd be interested to know if anyone has any inside knowledge of how these things work.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Jacko27 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:58 pm Of course as a fan I'm delighted that we have reached the final and hope that we can add another piece of silverware to our trophy cabinet but I ask the question (and I only ask as I genuinely don't know the answer) is there any FINANCIAL advantage to the club in reaching the final? Both the semi and final are away games for us and so incur fairly hefty travel costs. I suppose the three questions I'm asking are whether - at the knock out stages - gate receipts are divided between home & away clubs, whether TNT broadcasting fees are divided equally among all the participating clubs or are they graduated in favour of the clubs who reach the later knock out stages and whether there is any prize money available for winners/runner up/semifinalists. It would be interesting to know the answers to some of those questions particularly as the financial viability of club rugby is a pretty hot topic at the moment. I'd be interested to know if anyone has any inside knowledge of how these things work.
Can't help I'm afraid, but I'd be surprised if there was any TV revenue to go around. I'd imagine either PRC coverage was a free extra, or it was just forced into the bundle and commands no specific value. I might well be completely wrong though!

Main benefit for me is preparation for the Premiership.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Tiglon wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:03 pm
Jacko27 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:58 pm Of course as a fan I'm delighted that we have reached the final and hope that we can add another piece of silverware to our trophy cabinet but I ask the question (and I only ask as I genuinely don't know the answer) is there any FINANCIAL advantage to the club in reaching the final? Both the semi and final are away games for us and so incur fairly hefty travel costs. I suppose the three questions I'm asking are whether - at the knock out stages - gate receipts are divided between home & away clubs, whether TNT broadcasting fees are divided equally among all the participating clubs or are they graduated in favour of the clubs who reach the later knock out stages and whether there is any prize money available for winners/runner up/semifinalists. It would be interesting to know the answers to some of those questions particularly as the financial viability of club rugby is a pretty hot topic at the moment. I'd be interested to know if anyone has any inside knowledge of how these things work.
Can't help I'm afraid, but I'd be surprised if there was any TV revenue to go around. I'd imagine either PRC coverage was a free extra, or it was just forced into the bundle and commands no specific value. I might well be completely wrong though!

Main benefit for me is preparation for the Premiership.
The PRC is handily filling a time when there's no rugby for TNT to televise so it's not completely worthless.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

I wonder if the two sides will be close to full strength? Do you think McKellar and Skivington have a chat and get a gentleman’s agreement on team selection? For example, have 2 or 3 second/third choice players in each team? Anyway, with the Slater trophy, or whatever it’s called, the match will hopefully be played in the true spirit of the game.
Semper in excretia
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Coach travel to the game available from G & G Transport leaving the Crumble car park at 3.00pm cost £30.00/per adult.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I was wondering if the Slater trophy is up for grabs or what s that just premiership games. I think both teams will go as fully loaded as selection criteria allow especially Gloucester as they are really out of the premiership picture now.
7 days later I would expect Tigers to include at least Montoya Heyes Martin Wiese Youngs Pollard Kata
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:22 am I was wondering if the Slater trophy is up for grabs or what s that just premiership games. I think both teams will go as fully loaded as selection criteria allow especially Gloucester as they are really out of the premiership picture now.
7 days later I would expect Tigers to include at least Montoya Heyes Martin Wiese Youngs Pollard Kata
Also Reffell, Chessum, Cole and Steward
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Can we include many of the players mentioned. My understanding from previous comments is that they have to have played in previous rounds and so Pollard can play but that is pretty much in from our World Cup contingent.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

GB72 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:53 am Can we include many of the players mentioned. My understanding from previous comments is that they have to have played in previous rounds and so Pollard can play but that is pretty much in from our World Cup contingent.
Think they were talking about the premiership game vs Gloucester the following weekend (we play them back to back)
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:17 am
GB72 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:53 am Can we include many of the players mentioned. My understanding from previous comments is that they have to have played in previous rounds and so Pollard can play but that is pretty much in from our World Cup contingent.
Think they were talking about the premiership game vs Gloucester the following weekend (we play them back to back)
My bad, yes, would expect us to go full strength for that assuming the England players do not have any compulsory rest time (not sure why they would has that is built into the tournament length).
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

My response was to Rugbygramps regarding the League game on 22nd March.
For the PRC Cup I believe that only players that have been involved / available during the pool stages are able to play in the Final.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tigerbeat wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:49 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:22 am I was wondering if the Slater trophy is up for grabs or what s that just premiership games. I think both teams will go as fully loaded as selection criteria allow especially Gloucester as they are really out of the premiership picture now.
Also Reffell, Chessum, Cole and Steward
I was making my suggestion on the amount of rugby that certainly Reffell, Chessum and Steward are likely to have played, even Cole off the bench will have played in 5 tests.
Also worth remembering that England play in Dublin @ 8pm on the 16th, so the English players involved will likely not be back with Tigers till the Tuesday for a Friday night kick off
CogGom
Tiger Cub

Post by CogGom »

Selection is limited per the thread in the Ealing post before last week’s game.

6.3 A Club may not be represented in the Semi-Final or Final Matches of the Competition by any
person who has not played or been a replacement or substitute (i.e. included in the match
squad) for that Club in the Competition pool stage Matches in the current season, with the
exception (subject to the approval of a dispensation request) of the following:

6.3.1 Front Row Forwards where the provision of such player(s) is needed to enable the Club to
comply with its regulatory requirements (and in particular Regulation 6.7);

6.3.2 Players who were injured during the pool stages and who, at the time of the Semi-Final or Final
Matches of the Competition, are fit and available for selection;

6.3.3 Players who were selected to play or be a replacement in a Competition pool stage Match which
did not take place for reasons outside a Club’s control; or

6.3.4 In exceptional circumstances at the discretion of the Tournament Organiser